360 spider options | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 spider options

Discussion in '360/430' started by tsang85, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mja360f1

mja360f1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2004
    Chicago suburbs
    Full Name:
    Mike Ancona
    I finalized my order for '04 360F1 coupe on March 20th from Lake Forest Sports Car and was told June delivery...... of course, I was on the 'list for almost 20 months......... now, I can't wait !!!!!!

2. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    October '04

3. tsang85

tsang85 Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    Vancouver
    i hope mja360 is right. what options did you choose on yours? what colours, etc, mja360?

4. mja360f1

mja360f1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2004
    Chicago suburbs
    Full Name:
    Mike Ancona
    Titanium silver w/dark gray dash & steering wheel, light gray daytona seats with dark gray piping and inserts. scuderia shields, rear challenge grill, red calipers, power seats, cd changer

When Tyler Dean, LFSC, called to tell me that I had the next 'f1 coupe allocation' he volunteered that the delivery would be 90 days..... I asked him how realistic that is becasue I am going to sell my '02 turbo and don't want to be without a sportscar for months.

I was told by dealer that I would get an update once they saw production schedules...... will keep you posted.

5. mja360f1

mja360f1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2004
    Chicago suburbs
    Full Name:
    Mike Ancona
    Titanium silver w/dark gray dash & steering wheel, light gray daytona seats with dark gray piping and inserts. scuderia shields, rear challenge grill, red calipers, power seats, cd changer

When Tyler Dean, LFSC, called to tell me that I had the next 'f1 coupe allocation' he volunteered that the delivery would be 90 days..... I asked him how realistic that is becasue I am going to sell my '02 turbo and don't want to be without a sportscar for months.

I was told by dealer that I would get an update once they saw production schedules...... will keep you posted.

6. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    See the attached photo of my spare tire option mounted. It is held in place by a leather belt/strap

7. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
  8. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    What year did they start to put the "help me, I cant get out" release in the frunk?

9. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    This thread is from 2004, when a 360 could be ordered new! Interesting what we thought then would be “must have” options. Too bad we don’t have more data points or we could compare the consensus then to how it actually turned out.

I wonder how many actually would have ordered the modular wheels if they knew how much of a pain it would be to clean the brake dust out of the bolts, and that they actually weighed more than the starfish wheels.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

billy.gif likes this.
  10. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Shhhh I still need to sell my modulars that came with the car.

11. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    +1 except Capristo and 3 pedal!!

12. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Everyone always talks about the Capristo, is that the best one? Mine came with a Larini, is that better or worse?

I’m sure Akra would be all the rage if it were available for the 360.

13. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Is the tire held in place with leather belt/strap at the bottom of the tire? Just curious...

14. F1Spider

F1Spider Karting

Jan 8, 2013
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    -Rosso Corsa
    -Tan Leather Daytona seats
    -Challenge grill front/rear
    -Scuderia shields
    -Buy a Capristo Twin Sound exhaust
    -Spider
    -Red Calipers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Possiby the best all-time thread revival...more like resurection from the dead. Larry - did you realize the thread was 13 years old when you posted that pic of your spare tire? How did you even find it?

For the record, my ideal spec below is very close to my actual car:
    Yellow/Black Spider
    STANDARD electric seats. They are comfortable, look better and fit the car better than daytonas, which I have never understood and think look totally out of place in the modern cars.
    NO sheilds!!! (mine has them)
    Yellow calipers (mine has gray)
    Challenge Wheels!!! (I have mods, I've wanted to switch to the challenge style wheels from day 1 but just haven't done it. I think challenge are the only wheels that look better (a lot better) than the mods).
    Challenge grills (I don't have them...they are especially needed with yellow)
    Stock exhaust. Yes, stock exhaust. I don't need it to be louder. It sound glorious as it was intended.

16. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    My ideal spec: Red/beige, spider, stick, Daytona’s, shields, red or yellow calipers, challenge grill (front only), racing exhaust.

Actual car: everything but the Daytona’s. ;)

17. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    The spare rests on a black metal brace that stops it from sliding and then the strap holds in in place at the top. I did not notice that this tread was from 2004 when I posted the photos of my 360 spare. Glad I did as I'll have to check further into cleaning the Modular wheels. My dealer told me that less than 5% of the 360's were delivered with the spare option. I wonder how many had the Modular wheels.

18. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I was looking at F430's for a while when this Rosso Corsa Spider popped up on a close by dealers website a few weeks ago. We went to look at a Rosso Corsa F430 Spider and this 360. They were parked next to each other. The F430 certainly was faster and has a bit more modern features but both cars had 13k miles and the 360 was significantly less. The car has:
    Red Calipers
    6 CD changer
    Spare tire (and the inflator kit)
    Shields
    Modular wheels
    Interior has Black leather coverings and Red contrast stitching throughout (and is like new)

I think this car was ordered as a "Cruiser". So now learning that the Modular wheels were heavier probably did not matter.

19. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I love my level 3 Capristo exhaust. A friend put a modified 430 on his 360...screams at high rpm but I don't like the lower rpm sound as much as mine. And mine really screams at higher rpms. Just personal preference I guess....