Bird hit! | FerrariChat

Bird hit!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Caphill, Sep 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Caphill

Caphill Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    While on a long drive to the mountains a bird hit my 360 right in the left side air intake! The bird lost. I have never had a bird physically hit a car before. Image Unavailable, Please Login Has anyone else had a car hit by a bird before? Also, what part do I need to buy to fix the screen?

2. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Never hit a bird that I know about but I dropped the belly pan on an annual and found a dead one....no idea how he got there....

Anyway, the screen is PN 64864700 See #40 in attached pic. Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    Sad that it happened... Good thing the screen kept the bird from entering the intake air filters !!

4. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Took one out in my porsche at 115mph. It was standing in road. Looked like I hit a pillow in my rearview mirror. Hit one in our La Carrera race car in a transit section. Hit the roll cage and fell onto dash dead. I just tossed it out

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

5. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I hit a pheasant with a Mack truck, if that counts. It came up from the ditch and struck the air filter (right side of cab, big canister) and stuck to it's intake.
    As I pulled over to remove it, the vacuum was reduced and he flew right off. A better outcome than you had.

At first I thought it spider web cracked your paint, but see that is just the screen being reflected.

6. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    This is the lower left grill, correct?

7. Caphill

Caphill Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    Yes the bird hit the lower left grill. The paint is fine, it just looks terrible with all the dust, bird gunk, and reflections. I'm surprised so many people have been bird-struck!

Thank you for the part number. That will make repair a snap! (at least I hope it is as easy as it looks)

8. Caphill

Caphill Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    Wow! The part was only $70. I was expecting it to be much more.

9. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    NP...repair is simple....pull wheel (makes it easier)....pull inner fender shield....replace screen. Oh yea....one last thing....remove remaining bird!

10. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I hit a 3' tall grey heron that was walking across the road in an old muscle car at 120mph. I was still digging bits of bird out of the radiator years later when I sold the car.
    The bird looked at me and thought I can walk past that. Too slow.

11. Goopie

Goopie Rookie

Jun 10, 2013
    Punta Gorda Fl
    Full Name:
    Ken
    A seagull dropped a clam on my C4 Corvette and split the acrylic top. They also always dropped clams and crabs on the roof of my house when I lived in Oak Beach, NY.