2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII | Unmodified, 23k-Miles | FerrariChat

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII | Unmodified, 23k-Miles

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Sterling Sackey, May 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

#1 Sterling Sackey, May 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Full photoset: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sterlingsackey/albums/72157683587866315/page1

Underbody photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sterlingsackey/albums/72157681518763291

Details:

This is a two-owner from new, 22,850-mile 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII finished in Apex Silver. This car was sold new at Capitol Mitsubishi in San Jose, CA, and lived in the San Jose area until we acquired it this month. The first owner is friends with the second owner, and second owner simply purchased the car because he hated to see such a nice example go to someone who may not cherish it in the same way the first owner did. It is 100% unmodified and has never been modified. Zero accidents. 100% clean Carfax. 100% clean, free & clear title.

Flaws:

Exterior: The rear bumper has been repainted. The rest of the car's paint is original. The VIN tag in the driver's side rear door jamb has peeled off, but our paint meter has verified that this area is original paint as well. There are some normal stone chips on the front bumper, & the rear bumper's paint is peeling a bit in the wheel well area (not overly noticeable). No other issues to note.

Interior: No issues to note.

Underbody: Being a California car from new, this Evolution is in amazing condition underneath. No issues to note.

Maintenance Information:

This Evolution had regular oil & filter servicing according to Mitsubishi's schedule. The Dunlop Star Spec summer tires are properly sized and date coded 2011 with no issues or signs of cracks. Tire tread is nearly-new. The car drives fantastic with no issues (engine, transmission, clutch, suspension, etc. included). The front brake rotors could use replacement due to balancing, but this is up to the new owner.

Car comes with the following:

- Original owner's manual & ancillaries.
    - All original keys & fobs.

Asking $26,495.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    love the Evo's. I still have my Evo 8.

Super quick and hope it finds a good home.

3. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Thanks!

4. slownrusty

slownrusty Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Slow Rusty
    One of the best all-around cars I've ever driven and I've driven and owned lots of cars.

5. AZSpider

AZSpider Karting

Oct 8, 2004
    San Diego CA
    future classic

6. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Owned an Evo VIII for exactly 36 days when I was 24.

It was fast as hell

I sold it quickly as the annoyance of EVERY ol speed racer honking and wanting to race got old really fast.

But what a car....GLWS

7. Wisky

Wisky Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Lee NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    Wow very cool.

I sold my 2006 Evolution RS a few months ago. I suspect these cars with low miles in bone stock conditions will be worth a big premium as time goes on.

8. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Nice car - GLWS!

9. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Open to offers!

10. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Bump! Ask lowered to $24,495.

11. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Taking offers! Similar condition & mile Evo 9's go for $30,000+.