How many F12s were made? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How many F12s were made?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by SoCal to az, May 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    The SLS is likely a money maker if you garage it. I'm not a fan of the driving dynamics at all. it's so heavy up front, and so loooog. Feels like driving a buggy pulled by horses. My gf hates it too.

The F12 is the best car of the lot. I would drive it back to back with your 488. Pick one.

2. Hightower

Hightower Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2016
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Actually saw two F12 TdFs today. One at the SLC Ferrari dealership and a different one at the pump in Heber, UT. Driving my GranTurismo this evening, and all of a sudden I see I'm only 1/2 full on gas, so I'D BETTER FILL UP NEXT TO THE F12 TDF! Chatted with the owner who I'll allow to remain anonymous--nice guy, very personable. We talked about how each of us got into cars and different forays into Land Rovers and other vehicles. The locals were off to the side picking their chins up off the ground--clearly eyeing the TdF. Hoping I'll run into the driver/car again!

3. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    It's always funny to me when people ask questions on a public forum and then get defensive when they get answers they don't like. Maybe best to ask people you know and who know you and your financial background, likes and dislikes, etc rather than a group of strangers? Good luck with your hunt for advice.

4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Thank you rcorsa. I truly cherish every word you write. Just know I'd be lost without you so please continue to spread your wisdom.

5. henryenzo

henryenzo Karting

Jan 16, 2012
    I stress over depreciation way too much. I have an Aventador and put my 15 F12 up for sale but ultimately said screw it-- love the car and life is too short. Now when my NFGT gets built I may have to part with something.

6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Depreciation is a part of life but its only one part. Im also contending here with an APPRECIATING vehicle in the SLS. Trying to find the balance between the two and evaluating if it makes sense to make the switch.

Some sage advice here to wait till the 812 comes out and surpasses prices further on the F12 and then evaluate where things lay.

I paid cash for my 488 and will do the same with the F12 so its not a matter of being able to afford the vehicle or not. I just dont want to piss money away unnecessarily if I can avoid it.

Aventador is a beast but my issue is that I cant fit in one with my 6'4"frame. I tried. no go.

7. AGP22

AGP22 Rookie

Oct 24, 2006
    Notwithstanding the fact that I am a "stranger", I fully agree with this comment.

8. henryenzo

henryenzo Karting

Jan 16, 2012
    Yep. I'm closer to 6'5" and my boys are 6'7". Mine is a roadster and we only drive it with the top off . The NFGT really worries me. The F12 is like a a big sedan by comparison.

9. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    What I am gathering so far is you are having a hard time seeing the SLS go. So the best approach IMO is to wait for the 812 to erode the price on the F12 in a year or two as mentioned, then replace the 488 with the F12.

10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You know what's funny to me? When someone offers advice expecting it to be gospel and when that advice is rejected, they act butt hurt.

Move on.

11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think you are right. Some sentimental attachment there. I agree with your assessment and likely it's the path I'll take. Re-evaluate after 812 comes out. Thank you.

12. henryenzo

henryenzo Karting

Jan 16, 2012
    Good luck. Hard to go wrong.

13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I test drove a hard top and couldn't fit. Might have to try a roadster in the future.

14. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Sorry, pal. It looks like you have been banished to a life of driving aperta cars. :)

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Lol. I could imagine a worst fate.