FERRARI DEALERSHIP SIGN 13 FOOT X 3 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FERRARI DEALERSHIP SIGN 13 FOOT X 3

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by MELS, Nov 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MELS

MELS Karting

Apr 22, 2015
    NO INSULT. KEEP YOUR $1K FOR YOUR SHIPPING. P.S. SIGN WAS IN WORLD FAMOUS HOLLYWOOD SPORTS CARS WITH FULL DOCUMENTATION, 15K IS 100% FIRM DONT WASTE EITHER ONE OF OUR TIME IF YOU NOT SERIOUS BUYER.

ShineKen likes this.
  2. ItalianOne

ItalianOne Formula Junior

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
  3. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Never seen a thread with so many deleted posts. Can someone explain?

4. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
  5. MELS

MELS Karting

Apr 22, 2015
    SOLD THANK YOU EVERYBODY.

6. nickm

nickm Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Ventura Ca.
    I'd love to see the sign shop that can make a copy of that 3D sign. hehe NOT too-able.
    That sign would take a special mold to it. Molds are plenty expensive.

7. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Many of these comments are against the sticky rule of June 2015.

If one wants to make offers, that should be done ONLY through a private message.

8. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Good, I hope you got your $15k for it too. You sure had to wade through a bunch of ignorant people who obviously don't comprehend that there are people out there that will pay up for a sign like that. I hope you're the one laughing now with a stack of cash in your hands.

9. Andy 355

Andy 355 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2013
    Sydney
    And i don't know that laughing about it at 15k would be on the cards. Here in Australia ive seen vintage signs go for many times 15k. Just try buying one and it will hit home hard these are serious collectors pieces. We'll see whos laughing in 10 years when it sells again for 50k.

10. Andy 355

Andy 355 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2013
    Sydney
    Jump on ebay and take a look at what a thousand dollars buys you in the way of a genuine vintage sign. Lol.

11. MELS

MELS Karting

Apr 22, 2015
    THANK YOU TO THE REAL ONES!! YES I HAD TO DEAL WITH FEW BROKE,CHEAP, FAKE ETC LOSERS TO FINALLY MEET A TRUE COLLECTOR THAT WANTED AUTHENTIC SIGNS NOT FAKE JUNK. THANKS AGAIN!

12. Srtviper

Srtviper Karting

Sep 6, 2016
    Does the 20k include the building?

13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Alright guys. I’m gonna bump this thread just because. Could these be the most valuable vintage Ferrari dealership signs in the U.S? I believe there were only 2 Ferrari dealerships in Socal at the time. Hollywood Sport Cars and Newport Beach.

I believe these are in fact authentic Hollywood Sport Cars authorized Ferrari signs based off memory. I searched high and low on Fchat for pics of the dealership circa 80/90’s with no luck.

My pops used to take me with him when he was checking out cars at Hollywood Sport Cars in the 80’s/early 90’s. I remember the place as a kid (born 1980). I’ve been here probably 10 times. Passed by maybe 100 times or more since it is on Hollywood Blvd. I recall seeing new 308’s, 328’s, 348’s in the showroom. I only saw Ferraris, never cars from other brands. To me, it was a straight up Ferrari dealership, not a general exotic car dealership. I never saw an F40 though. I might have seen a 288, but just figured it was a 308 :). My pops did see a newly released red NSX there in 1991. That was the first time he saw an NSX and actually thought it was a new Ferrari.

Long story short, I actually recall seeing these black Ferrari dealership signs, which you really don’t come across anywhere else. I recall there being 2 buildings/showrooms, hence 2 signs.

Hollywood Sport Cars closed in 1994. One of the buildings was later turned into an extension of Saab & Raffi service shop (5770 Hollywood Blvd.) My memory is telling me Hollywood Sport Cars & Saab/Raffi service center existed simultaneously although older vintage photos show 5770 Hollywood Blvd. was part of Hollywood Sports Cars. My memory of HSC is building 5766 and another lower ceiling building (another showroom) to the left while Saab/Raffi was to the right. Saab/Raffi service is still there today. Meanwhile, the old HSC buildings (5766 Hollywood Blvd) is now a huge modern apartment complex called Altalink. In short, the old Hollywood Sport Cars building/s is no longer. HSC operated there for 35 years. It’s now dust in the wind.

… all that is left are these Ferrari signs. For me, seeing these signs bring back fond early childhood memories.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  15. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    The other Ferrari sign should be hung on the top face of the other building to the left (dark brown slated section) facing the street. It was not on top of the roof like it is on the building to the right. 2 signs should be appropriate if my memory serves me correctly.

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus