Hamilton says Vettel bigger Challenge than Rossberg... | FerrariChat

Hamilton says Vettel bigger Challenge than Rossberg...

Discussion in 'F1' started by Robb, Mar 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  2. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    What a *********

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yup.

I'm sorry but the only reason he says these things, much like when he claims so often that he has ''grip issues'' or ''sand in his eye'' or ''the car didn't feel that good on the practice start'' are his way of covering himself: If his start does suck or if he does get overtaken, he and his legion of fans will have the excuse. If he does get a good start or doesn't get overtaken, he looks a bloody hero.

Sometimes his excuses may be true, but if you use them every bloody weekend, well, forgive me for not believing them!

He's been saying it at the pre-season that Ferrari is quicker (again, it covers him and could make him look a hero) and now he's saying Vettel is much better than Rosberg...he already got beaten by Rosberg, so now if he puts up a good fight to Vettel he looks a hero again.

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    LOL!!!!

Too funny.

5. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    I really wonder how Hamilton is going to be viewed 20 years from now. I doubt it'll be in a positive light.

6. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Small man. Zero self awareness.

7. 308luver

308luver Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    I disagree. 20 years from now the records and wins will be what is remembered. He may not have a team first legacy but it will likely be pretty positive.

He still hasn't wrecked a competitor/teammate to win a WDC like a couple of other highly regarded drivers have.

8. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Agreed...People tend to sugarcoat the past and forget negative things. And those who were not activ following his career but read about it later on will not hear too many of the stories as badmouthing someone for past things is not common.
    Just look at Senna: although his character was well worth discussions today the good sides are more highlighted than the shadows.

9. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I think Lewis is full of .....

10. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    his stats will speak louder than words, and he's not done yet.

11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I asked myself the question : who is the better driver Seb or Nicole? I don't think there is any doubt about that one!

12. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Translation:

I'm still very upset Nico beat me. I haven't recovered. Vettel is awesome. That way if I beat him, I'm King Kong. If he beats me, then well - did I mention he was awesome?
    Honestly, I don't have an issue with the comment about Vettel, because he is an excellent driver. The diss on Nico shows weakness to me and he was baited into it.

13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Lets see him bring up JB.........Nico did a great job as an F1 driver. He Nico is under rated and that is more evident now to many. LH has records that must be caveat due to the car being so dominant.

His Mclaren days after title 1 show his nature and pace in less than perfect machines. LH is no Alonso squeezing max performance out f a car that shouldnt give it AND GET WINS.

14. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #14 PSk, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Vettel isn't that good. Probably only slightly better than Rosberg. Never seen Vettel have a race long battle other than with Weber, who is not rated at all, here anyway.

Lewis best quality is lucking into the right car ...
    Pete
    ps: Ferraris current driver pairing is similar to Alesi and Berger IMO.

15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I think Hamilton is right in seeing Vettel as a bigger threat than Rosberg was.

Toto Wolff cannot tell Vettel to slow down!

16. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    I don't understand many of the posts above. Makes me wonder whether these posts were made after reading the article or just the thread title.

A lot of what Ham says is right. In F1 right now, Vettel and Ham are in the top tier of drivers. He also recognises Alonso in that group - but obviously makes the point that he doesn't have the equipment this year to fight for the championship. What's so wrong with that?

As for Rosberg, no body would ever suggest he was worthy of a seat at the f1 top table. Even he himself recognised that by quitting after 1 wdc. It's worth remembering that Vet and Ham have 7 Wdcs between them. 7. That's not a fluke.

17. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    Someone who beats a 3 time WDC on merit does not deserve the seat? I disagree.

18. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Rosberg beat LH as much as LH, in his lack of systems knowledge and use, beat himself. You make your own luck, good or bad. LH learned that the hard way. He is not FA nor is he above Button. So to your comment on Rosberg - Have another drink.

19. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hahaha, eltons already ****ting himself, and it's only one race in. He is so messed up that nico beat him last year, what a tool. Nico was far more deserving of titles than this self obsessed moron ever was

20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Elton as got his head so far up his arse he can't even hear the BS coming out of his mouth!!! He can't even understand that disrespecting Nico only makes him look bad...what a tool.....

21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

+1

22. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    You misinterpreted my statement. Perhaps it wasn't clear. I meant Rosberg isn't worthy of being in the top tier of drivers racing in f1 today. He is clearly worthy of a seat though. Let's face it, compared to Palmer and Stroll just about anyone is!

23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

What does a driver have to do then, to be considered among the top tier of racing drivers, if beating a 3 times WDC on the same car isn't enough?

24. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    He's only there because he's in the top car. I am very sure in a mid range car, he will be the best at what he is the best...complaining.

25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That could be said of most WDCs; you hardly win in a second rate car!