2002 360 pricing help | FerrariChat

2002 360 pricing help

Discussion in '360/430' started by Mahlon, Mar 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mahlon

Mahlon Rookie

May 14, 2013
    #1 Mahlon, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi y'all. Trying to get some accurate pricing help for my 2002 grey/red interior Modena360. 11300k. Full service with belts in July. All records. Perfect mechanical conduction. Orignal spare tire and tool kit. Sticky buttons fixed except sport switch and steering column. Tubi exhaust. Challenge grill. Two piece wheels. Very clean interior. Small chip on low front bumper not visible unless squatting down to look from low parking curb. Yoshi shields. Led in engine bay. Third owner since 2013. Garaged of course. Local car dealer will give me 65-70 on retail trade for California. Seems low. What do y'all think it's worth in the private and retail markets respectively. Thanks in advance for comments.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I would say 80-85k.

3. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    70-75
    The big thing going for it is the low mileage IMO.
    But big factors you haven't shared are where you are located and how urgently you need to move it.

4. douglas360

douglas360 Karting

Nov 7, 2016
    SoCal
    Honestly? I think you should take the $65-70k on trade for the California. They must really want to move that Cali b/c they're giving you full market value on the 360 with a non-standard color combo.

5. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    I agree! Take the $70K.

6. Mahlon

Mahlon Rookie

May 14, 2013
    I'm in Austin Texas. No urgency. Dealer is a neighbor who will probably add to his collection for a bit. Appreciate the feedback y'all!

7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    A lot of people are having trouble selling their F1 for 70k, if you have an offer, I'd say take it. The Grigio/Bordeaux cars are kind of the red-headed stepchildren of the 360's, they are not in the highest demand (I can say that, I have one :D), but I'm with everyone else..take the 70 and don't look back.

8. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    The offer of $65-70 reallly doesn't mean much without knowing context of the price of the Cali. If they are $30k over market on the Cali then the $65-70 is a joke. But if you're happy with price on cali, then $65-70 is damn generous.

9. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    A relatively low mileage 2002 Modena such as that should sell for between $75K and $85K... both dealer and private. A dealer would prolly advertise for $90K given the recent service and low mileage but that has some wiggle room ya know.

... Btw, nicely optioned in my opinion.

A Gallardo as its stablemate?

10. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I have a 2001 spider, rossa corso with tan, challenge grill and wheels, Capristo exhaust, clear shields, front and rear cameras, expensive radar detector and everything that can be replaced/repaired has been recently. 32k miles. The dealership offered me 45k, which quite frankly, I found offensive (this was the dealership that's done all the work so they know the quality). If the dealer is offering you 65-70k on a car color that isn't in high demand and isn't a spider and the price on the California is good, then you should jump on it.

11. boostd

boostd Karting

May 4, 2014
    Also keep in mind the sales tax benefit of a trade. If the dealer is offering 65000, you save 4000 on sales tax on the transaction. That nets 69000 vs selling your 360 and elsewhere and buying the California from this dealer.

Also, as a comparison point, I recently traded in my 02 silver Spider with 25k miles and no records. I got 62k for it, which is about what I paid for it back in Oct 2016.

12. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!
    https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/2002-Ferrari-360

"Current Values

#1 Concours $104,000
    Condition #1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles is "concours."

#2 Excellent $88,000

#3 Good $74,000

#4 Fair $63,000

Value Adjustments

+$50,000 for 6-spd on cpe. Lack of verifiable owner and service history can greatly affect value.

13. Mahlon

Mahlon Rookie

May 14, 2013
    Yah 2004 gallardo manual

14. Mahlon

Mahlon Rookie

May 14, 2013
    Thanks all. Definitely figuring the taxes in as the cali will be in the 140 plus range I think.. I haven't found the car but my deal with the dealer will be to acquire a car I find and allow me to get the tax benifit. Cheers!

15. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    My spider was for sale for 9 months. 18K mi. I got an offer for 60K. The 360 F1 is an unwanted model it seems right now. Take the trade as I doubt you could sell it for that much.

16. JoeyBear

JoeyBear Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 31, 2016
    A forest near you
    Full Name:
    The JoeyBear
    If it's a "real" $65k, you're doing well. If it's against an inflated trade price, you're not reallygetting even that much..... almost impossible to sell these cars right now

17. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    So your basically saying he should take low book on his to pay full retail on a California?

18. Sox Fan

Sox Fan Rookie

Jul 7, 2013
    Michigan
    Is the market for F1 cars really this soft? I have been following the 360 market a lot recently. Based on asking prices, you would think it was stronger.

19. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Yes, and only falling. 3 pedal cars are a big premium v's the f1 cars.

20. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    It's a standoff... buyers aren't budging, sellers aren't desperate either. So the cars just come on and off the market without selling,

21. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    It's a buyer's market. Period. Both F1 and Manual cars sit on the classified sites for hundreds of days at a time.

22. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Maybe, maybe not. I have been looking for a good 360 coupe with a six speed in red tan. Near impossible to find one that is reasonably priced or else doesnt have 8 prior owners and in need of a major and other significant work. Even those cars, sellers aren't budging on price. So, in my experience, if it is a buyer's market, the right seller hasn't come along.

23. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    What is a reasonable price? You are looking for the most desirable color combo and transmission, both of those come at a premium. I see those holding around $100k and I hope they continue to do so.

24. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Without going into the exact amount i would pay under what conditions, and thus potentially harm my negotiating ability in the future, I am generally on-board with what you are saying. I'm not trying to low-ball somebody at 85 or 90k for a nice car. But some sellers seem to think their cars, that have some issues, are worth significantly more than the 100k number you note.

25. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    In a word yes. I can't speak to whether to pay retail for a California but in the case of 360 F1s book is meaningless and so is asking price. I almost defy a person to sell a 360 F1 with more than 5K mi on it for more than 65K.