Anyone in Ft. Lauderdale, FL area ever dealt with THE NEW AUTO TOY STORE? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Anyone in Ft. Lauderdale, FL area ever dealt with THE NEW AUTO TOY STORE?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SaratogaCA, Jan 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. floridadoorman

floridadoorman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Alex
    FWIW: I am local to Tim's place in Fort Lauderdale. Tim Stanford has taken car of my 91t for over 10 years and has been spot on with his workmanship.

If anyone can point out the cars shortcomings in a PPI, it would be him.

I wish you good luck; I have no opinion on the dealership.

2. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    that's priceless, he expects others to play by the(his) rules

3. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    That's a Facebook privacy notice hoax that went viral back in 2012. He didn't write that he just saw it making the rounds and thought it was a good idea to follow the instructions in the hoax to post it.

4. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Wow! - If only Hillary had known about this cover-all legal notice! :eek:

:p

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, inquiring minds want to know.

6. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
  7. Ferrari 641

Ferrari 641 Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2010
    #57 Ferrari 641, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017

Thanks for explaining it..However, one would think after fives years, someone would have told him about the hoax, or better yet, tell him he does cast a dark shadow on him..a lot of car salespersons and dealers or not portrayed in a good light to begin with, and a lot of people may not understanding the reasoning behind it

8. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Sometimes you just have to learn from your own mistake and then own it too.

9. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    OK, since everyone seemed very interested in the status of my pursuit of this Mondial: The dealer actually dropped the price substantially. I put in a call to Tim Stanford to have him do a PPI. But I never heard back.

Eventually, I decided I just don't feel comfortable with this transaction, and I advised the dealer accordingly.

That said, if I was in Florida, and could go over the car, in person, with Tim Stanford or some other reputable expert, and the car was proven to be in good mechanical condition, I would definitely buy the car.

The fact that a highly reputable mechanic has been meticulously caring for this car carries a lot of weight for me. But the time and energy consumed in trying to manage a long-distance transaction, and the various red flags eventually outweighed Mr. Stanford's outstanding reputation.

This, of course, is my personal opinion, and if anyone here is interested in the Mondial, or any other car offered by this dealership, the ONLY wise thing to do is to do your own due diligence.

- Sam in Saratoga

10. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Wow! I just had an ad appear on Weather.com for The New Auto Toy Store. Looks like they are chasing anything that breathes.

An excerpt from clicking:

"EVERYONE'S APPROVED !!!

The New Auto Toy Store has over 30 years experience in custom tailored, Special Financing, for ALL CREDIT SITUATIONS. Our greatest strength is understanding our customers well enough so we can structure each transaction to suit your needs. This allows us to develop a mutually rewarding long-term relationship.
    We believe small business is what "makes the country go." We too started out as a small family business and have grown to over $100 Million in sales. We take pride in helping other businesses to grow and succeed. That’s why we do not use traditional credit scoring as a determining factor in accepting or declining our customers. We look at the overall customer, not a beacon score that credit reporting agencies have provided to us. Please fill out the application by clicking the button above for a fast credit approval."

11. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I looked at the on-line ad today. It does look good and I see why Sam in Saratoga would be interested. There continue to be things that are just a bit off. All of the ad pics were taken at a place called War Memorial which is very close to where I live. Further, their showroom picture looks almost exactly like Motorcar Gallery which is right across the street from War Memorial. That would make sense as it's a good place to take a picture. But I can't find a consistent location address for the business. One is Pompano, one is in FTL. There would be no reason to move the car from one of those other addresses just to take a picture. Huh?

In the end, the car looks good in JPEG format and Sam is correct that if Tim S has maintained the car to current date it's a huge plus. I don't know Mondials well but $39K seems like a lot of bang for the buck as long as you don't start writing $5K a crack checks to remediate it.

If Tim S could verify. If I could see a copy of the title in advance and if I could get a fresh PPI, maybe.

12. Tinbender

Tinbender Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Raleigh,Lake Lure,NC
    Full Name:
    Terry W. Phillips
    There are 3 Mondial T Cabriolets for sale in the Ferrari Market Letter. One of these is at Sport Auto in Summerfield, NC. This is Steve Barney's place and I don't think you will find anyone with a better reputation.

13. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    Actually, I was looking for a Mondial 3.2.

But now, there is a new event: My wife forbade me from buying another Ferrari.

So I am wondering if I could find a place in SF Bay Area where I could secretly park a Ferrari...