My experience with the un-professionals at FERRPARTS | FerrariChat

My experience with the un-professionals at FERRPARTS

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by RedNeck, Jan 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    To preface this, I ordered a battery bracket from Ferrparts on January 4th. Admittedly not a huge order that will pay for anyone's surgeries but I am a new Ferrari owner that works on my own car, I will obviously be sourcing more parts in the future, but the pure unprofessionalism and condescension I dealt with was unexpected from an established company. I am posting the email conversation that occurred over the past 2 weeks to see what you think. I had also bought a towing eye from them through ebay last month.

Jan 4-order was placed.

Jan 9, first communication-

Ferrparts: "Is used ok on this ? i dont have new. We have NOT charged you for it.. If i get new its ok but have to order from italy and takes about 10 days"

My immediate reply: "I don't care, as long as it works and in somewhat decent shape."

January 12, I email them again:

Me: "When will I be receiving this part?"

Ferrparts replied same day: "Boys can you send him tracking for this bracket
    sales order *****" (he copied other people in)

After not hearing anything else, I sent an email today, Jan 16-

Me: "I hope this isn't a sign of things to come since I will undoubtedly be needed more Ferrari parts in the future. I placed the order 2 weeks ago, took a week to even get a response and still don't have tracking."

Ferrparts reply: "Matt I realize that I also tried to see if I could get it from the factory direct out of Italy for u but nobody has these I was waiting for a used car to come in to pull one off of it wasn't about the money trust me were not making anything on the order after shipping and the labor for my guys I will have them refund you immediately"

Me: "So you don't have the part?!?"

Ferrparts: "It's not a sign of more things to come we handle business better than you can imagine we have 15,000 customers and these are parts that you can get a Amazon or Kragen I'm not sure if you realize that. What's funny is I ordered the same part from the factory and was basically treated the same way meaning factory Ferrari directly doesn't have the part that you need.

And they didn't go out of their way actually to try to get a used one I have 200 cars ( Ferraris ) here that we are breaking currently so it's not as easy as you would think considering each car has so many parts in the time it takes to pull tag photo and load it all into the database is un gauntly"

Me: "Do you have the part or not"

Ferrparts: "No I'm afraid we don't have the part. I usually only try to get the parts used of the when no was no longer available from Ferrari if the order is big and profitable I would've normally just said no when we couldn't get the new one I was trying to help you out waiting for a car that's on the way we just bought from the insurance company- so when it gets here if you would like you can call me and see if we have it if you haven't found it and I'll resell it to you in the meantime I told my staff to credit you back in full.

Me (getting a bit irritated being told that I wasn't a valued customer because my order isn't "big and profitable"): "Yes, refund my money, but I will say that the insinuation that you were "helping me out" after a part that was available for purchase on YOUR website was not available and there was very little communication, leading to this, is not appreciated.

Ferrparts: "Wow that's funny because eurospare and Maranello Con.'s websites both show it and Maranello is the factory
    And to be clear when you ordered it you were never charged you were only authorized while I checked on new !
    Then realizing that I new was not available and that I did not have any more new ones in stock because we sold out
    I sent you an email "" communication"" asking if you would like used assuming I had it and could pull it up!

Keep in mind I have a 26,000 ft.² warehouse with $10 million of new parts in stock I'm not a dropshipper like [sponsor's name withheld]
    And do $500,000 a month in sales consistently so I don't think I'm gonna miss out on your business or your $38 order
    Try to have a better evening sounds like somebody's been a little rough on you"

So basically, I ordered something that was supposed to be available according to their website, and after 2 weeks of not receiving the part (and not sourcing it from anywhere else), they tell me that my order wasn't important enough to be bothered with, and the last email was completely uncalled for...

2. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I have a short fuse on this type of thing myself, but you were not ever charged and I sounds like they tried to help.

My point is unless someone really breaks your balls, try not to burn bridges in the Ferrari parts world. NLA is something we hear a lot and having the most supply options is never a bad thing.

But I see where you are coming from.

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I understand, but the fact that I didn't hear anything for 5 days after order was placed, and then had to contact them myself to find out that the part wasn't available after 2 weeks and then met with sarcasm is unacceptable..

4. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Strange interaction. Like the guy was a bit tipsy. Why divulge specific monthly sales and inventory value? Odd. I would let it go and chalk it up as not worth a pissing match.

5. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Probably. I am just one of those people that do what I can to excel at my job and take great care of my account, and get super annoyed when people don't care enough to perform their basic job functions. It happens way too often.

6. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have bought from them a few times. I also got the impression they weren't the most professional outfit so I dealt with them accordingly: a little reminder here, a little more patience there.

When I was restoring an Olds 442 one of the parts sources was the most difficult guy I have ever had to deal with, intentionally abrasive, but I sucked it up and got the only one of it's kind part.

I try not to get up in arms about the way these guys deal with stuff. It's their choice if they want to alienate customers, and my choice to deal with them no matter how irritating.

7. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Any business is good business, and its all word of mouth as to which suppliers to use. So the exchange does seem unnecessary. "Don't have it, sorry" would have sufficed.

That said, all kinds of bits are or will be the dreaded NLA. One will have to either find creative solutions, spend huge dollars, or both as these are low volume cars and will never have the aftermarket support of say old Jaguars, American muscle cars, etc.

I have a friend in Europe that runs an OM Superba. When things need repair they fabricate parts from scratch. Expensive hobby, and even with money you need lots of patience.

I also enjoy self maintaining my Ferrari, and I have learned to accept I am a rarity in a world of boutique businesses serving largely well heeled, price insensitive people who don't do their own work.

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    how about another Ferrari parts place that couldn't come up with original name, so they nearly copied name of the most successful Ferrari parts company and then just found out employee changed the Taurino Racing FChat account to all their information and they aren't even a sponsor. There is poor service and then being sleazy is another level.

9. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I believe I know what you are referencing, I've stumbled upon that copycat site...yeah, pretty bad.

10. russell

russell Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    sacramento
    Full Name:
    russell
    Yes, In response. My apology as a vendor and man to both the Gent and the
    other site

11. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    I've found Russ and his guys to always be helpful. And while I communicate with them somewhat by email, I prefer to just call them via fon, it's a bit old fashioned I know but helps get to the point quicker. Talking also helps build a better relationship with the vendor. As a example, last fall Russ had me in mind when he managed to get a hard to find part I was chasing for awhile, and he let me know before he offered it up for sale on his site.

None of these parts suppliers are Amazon and most of the parts we are after are not readily stocked items. It helps to call and get to know the parts people, they are all usually passionate about their business.

12. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    ANS: Ricambi

13. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Maybe they had to check if it was available before adding a NLA tax to your piece of L angle extrusion?

14. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

If you want to be happy with your Ferrari parts vendor, just find out where Brian is currently working and order from him.

15. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    Yes Brian was THE person to work with at FP. I read somewhere he is at Redparts USA as parts manager.

16. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    Ferrparts and GT Car Parts are comparable: PIA. And not just one time experiences; we don't need you, you need us the Italian car ownership experience LOL.

17. aggiestckl

aggiestckl Karting

Jul 15, 2016
    Doylestown, PA
    How did this get resolved?

18. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Wow, interested in the issue that caused you to revive several dead ferrparts threads...I won't say the "issue" was ever resolved, and there have been plenty other stories like this, even from professional service centers I've dealt with. I have, however, ordered multiple parts they had put on ebay and have had very good experiences. Seems when they actually physically have the parts, they are responsive and sometimes their prices are worth it. Still doesn't excuse the rudeness, though, when there are plenty of other good outlets for parts, Ricambi and so on.