Ferrari Is Readying 350 Special Editions For Its 70th Anniversary | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Is Readying 350 Special Editions For Its 70th Anniversary

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Roccob, Jun 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #151 Marcel Massini, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    TTBOMK big roundels with race numbers are forbidden for normal street use in Switzerland. One would have to tape over the race number. That's Swiss law.

Marcel Massini

2. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Marcel, changing the subject a bit - any latest updates on F12M specs? I have my name down for an early one - really curious to find out more about the car.

3. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
  4. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    My dealer principal has offered me a very early car. I pointed out I've a TDF about to land, he told me the new car is going to be very different from the F12 (and therefore TDF) in looks. He used the word "dramatic". More than that is anyone's guess but he's never over-promised before.

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    It will be more aggressive and less elegant compared to the current F12.

Marcel Massini

6. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    As I posted elsewhere, I have also been told by my dealer that very much more than a mid life and very aggressive. I think the old model of the 8 year cycle with a mid life has now been torn up, probably as a result of companies like McLaren and their speed of model update and introduction thus compelling Ferrari to possibly almost re-body the F12 midlife so it really does become a new model and thus distanced from the F12B and tdf. I am told RHD Q1 2018 and my dealer is already sold out for over two years.

7. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Thanks for the update - should be interesting and look forward to the preview/Geneva.

8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Geneva should be interesting 2017!

9. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Forgot to add, I think he said private viewings in February.....

10. David Hudson

David Hudson Karting

Jan 20, 2008
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    David Hudson
    Here I was going to suggest that the Schumacher livery include the optional full on Marlboro & complete sponsor decals for the street, particularly on the 488s.

11. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I think this is a very good decision if accurate. This will cement the F12s in their permanent and unique place in Ferrari V12 history if its more of a re-body bearing little resemblance. I am excited to see what Ferrari can do with the sheet metal. Could this be the first totally in-house design sans the flaps and gills treatment?

12. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    In my opinion the lines of the f12 are starting to show their age in terms of what other manufacturers are releasing now. I think we will be all blown away by what this car will look like and I think it will be one of the all time classics of the automotive world. Mildly speaking:).

13. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Fingers crossed! I'm hoping the planners at Ferrari have decided to make this car more dramatic now there's the Lusso taking care of the (relatively) softer luxury V12 segment.

14. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    You mean like the Corvette compared to the launch tdf! Does copying a new design make the original look old?

15. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Subtlety is the key with these designs by the looks of it.

16. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    I'm certainly not demeaning the classic nature of the f12b. It's just certain lines like the bottom of the front bumper and headlights that look a generation old compared to some of the new cars coming out.

The tdf is badass and holds its own against anything new. In my opinion parobably the greatest car ever made so far.

17. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Tdf - except for the classic Ferrari after thought shields round the exhausts I agree - imagine the guy who said "Boss it gets hot there, oh **** Ok make a bit of plastic to go round and if they want carbon charge them well !!"

18. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France

That's quite a prediction before any data on the new car has been released, nobody has seen it, let alone driven it....😉

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The carbon is actually 'free' and bizarrely really works in real life.

20. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I believe you - TDF is my dream modern car but it looks like a Ferrari after thought, always feel they do the hard parts well and easy badly !

21. ml321

ml321 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2008
    London/Munich