F12 TDF Daily Driver? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F12 TDF Daily Driver?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by LoganC, Aug 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hvdaytona

hvdaytona Karting

Nov 8, 2015
    I love it, surrounded by Prius's... And always in the left lane driving at the same clip as the guy in the right lane

2. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel

3. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Agree 100%. The TDF's older sibling (599 GTO) also has ZERO traction in wet/snow and ice/frigid cold. This guy lives in Cali so seems to me that if he has the $$$ why not pull the trigger.

4. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Good for you. I have heard that most the the roads in Calif are in pretty poor shape due to state government's lack of fundings.

5. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    always drive them the way you want to.

6. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    LOLOLOL
    saw you in your 575 heading north on the saw mill this evening! that car certainly still has a presence as its approaching!

and to the OP - go nuts, drive the **** out of it every single day!!!

8. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Test drove a f50 and Tdf? guess you decided to skip out on the laferrari aperta and f60 America?

9. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    What's with all the snide comments? People do buy f50s and tdfs. They don't sit in dealers for the intention of not being bought.

10. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    "I have a ton of money and no idea what I'm doing ... please tell me what to do"

Come on brother. Drive some cars, do some thinking. WTF.

11. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The reviews of the tdf say that at sensible road speeds there is very little difference between it and the berlinetta. At least one other buyer has stated that their tdf will be a DD so why not. I think what shocks some is that a tdf used as a DD sort of takes the whole LE specialness away. The cost factor is purely relative. Some collectors can certainly afford to drive what they want. However, most tdfs will likely be lightly driven and mostly parked and stared at while the owner troubles over depreciation per mile driven. Is the OP for real (the whole F50 and tdf thing)? It would be great if true but can’t believe the F50 test drive. If true, slap that cash down and hit the road. No need to hand wash either – the CF holds up well in any car wash.

12. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK

It's been 16 years since my first Ferrari. Quite a few later (cars and years) I've never asked for a test drive.

A Ferrari isn't a mass produced cookie cut product (not at the moment anyway ;) ). It takes time to understand each model as confidence builds. Even more so an F50. Besides there's an ocean of information online.

So couldn't personally see the point of asking for a test drive when buying, as you say slap the cash down and enjoy the experience.

13. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

It would appear that the OP has left this thread, but the one I was referring to was:

Vehicle search - Auto Salon Singen

No idea whether their post-initial allocation TDF was ever real.

14. GPM

GPM Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2015
    Vancouver BC
    theres a TDF at Fusion motors in LA

15. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I drove my TDF fifty miles today. I love this car!

My concern about making it a daily driver is purely the thought of having a car worth over a million plus dollars damaged on the roadways. I'm less concerned about depreciation than damage.

The responsiveness of the engine makes it feel like a 458 Speciale on steroids. It feels much lighter and much more responsive to throttle input than possible. What an amazing car!

16. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    That sounds fantastic. On normal sports cars the front lip tends to be main thing that gets damaged daily driving so I wonder if any of the undercar aero can get damaged on things like speed bumps, multi level car parks etc?

17. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I have a lift system in the car. So, slow speeds it's not an issue. On the normal places my other cars scrape at higher speeds, this one has not.

18. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Thanks.

19. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    My concern with a TDF as a daily would be this little aero appendages in front of the back wheels, they point down and I would imagine could sustain pavement/kerb damage over time, not to mention stone chipping.

Another thing, having a look at a TDF yesterday, the tyres are very aggressive, the Pirelli equivalent of the Cup 2 it seems. I cant imagine these being fantastic on cold or wet roads.

20. Michael0713

Michael0713 Rookie

Feb 27, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Michael
    First off hats off for being able to get a test drive on a tdf. I can't even find one in a showroom. Second, never ever daily drive a tdf. That would be a sin.

21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Why?

22. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    As previously indicated, this angers the Prius gods. They will swarm you and make your exciting drive very timid.

23. barney

barney Rookie

May 4, 2014
    You could buy a racehorse to pull a cart,but he would be happier running fast every few

days as he was born to do.

Or you could be a Yolo type and just drive it daily anyway.

Horses for courses.

24. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    If someone drove an f12 for a year as a daily, was a regular member who posted often, and then asked if a TDF would be too much of a stretch to do the same, we might take it seriously. At that point those successful enough to have driven a tdf would chime in and compare the cars. It would be an interesting discussion.

As is, this is a BS puff post and if the initial poster buys one I'll eat my hat.

25. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    I've driven my tdf to/fro work twice - about 10 miles each way. it took about 30 minutes and was thoroughly unsatisfying. honestly i was thinking of making a video for the op just for fun, but then i realized that if i wasn't having fun doing it, it probably wouldn't be a very exciting 30 minute video. in fact, i don't think anybody would ever watch it. (and it's summer; the school busses aren't even out else it'd be more like 40 minutes)