Again I need advice on the f12 | FerrariChat

Again I need advice on the f12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by hvdaytona, Jul 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hvdaytona

hvdaytona Karting

Nov 8, 2015
    The color that I say wow is the rosso maranello... So there are 2 options I thought was almost a must have and please give me insight as to the reality vs. mr perception.
    1. Are the full electric seats that much better than the standard, specifically do the lumbar supports really make it more comfortable for 2 plus hour drives ( standard seat not Daytona seats). Im really not worried about heated seats or the memory option
    2. The afs lights, based on my reading and the u tube video, I think it's a great option. Is it truly as good as the concept or in reality it doesn't make that much difference. From the reading I've done is it true that if the car has the lift option then the car has the afs lighting

2. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Yes...if you want a lift...you must get AFS.

3. x599

x599 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2010
    1- electric seats are useful but not a must in my experience , the lumbar support is very basic and I can't get it to push my back at the right point.

2- lifter is very useful, but I couldn't feel any difference with lights as I drive in the city mainly.

I still say follow your heart, the color the interior the wheels...

Then nothing else will matter.

4. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    Electric seats are very nice (I chose Daytona as well which I think are very classical - have them on my 430 also).
    AFS is nice although not essential. I advice to take the lifting system which I use every time I drive (in Europe w plenty of nasty sleeping policemen). Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    We have AFS in our 458 and I think it's brilliant.

As for seats, the Electrics are a bit nicer than standard, but it's not a dealbreaker for me. However, I find the race seats to be way more comfortable than either the standard or electric seats.

It's better to have lift and not need it than to not have it when you need it. Anyone saying they can feel the weight of the lift holding back the car in terms of performance are in my opinion exaggerating. It's 6-8 kg placed way down low in the car. Sure if you're Vettel you may want to skip it, but to do it to save weight is a bit of a moot point for normal drivers. For many people exercise will remove those 6-8 kg they're draggin' around ;)

6. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Without the lifter i would be still stuck in some underground carparks.
    I understand the AFS lights on the lusso also know which country you are in and change accordingly which for me is essential

7. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    I like the racing seats but miss the multiple electric adjustments of the Daytona seats I had in the 458. It's really in issue of your body type and what you prefer. I like the afs a lot. Don't have the lift and where I drive don't need it, but it's a nice to have option. Color is also personal, get what you love. If you are speccing it, don't be penny wise and dollar foolish. You are spending a lot, and if the difference in the cost of some of the options is an issue you are probably buying the wrong car to begin with.

8. hvdaytona

hvdaytona Karting

Nov 8, 2015
    Thank you for the real life views on these options. I'm not fortunate enough to spec the car however I've found a car that has the options I want minus the afs, lift and full electric seats. The lift is great to have should I ever need it and could be the deal breaker. I can live wo the full electric seats and prob the afs lights. (Yes this car will see a fair amount of night driving as I plan to make it my daily). Any other views on the afs and lift would be greatly appreciated.

9. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Lift may be something you can have installed by your dealer. If not the Ferrari system, maybe the Novitec lift system but with stock springs.

10. hvdaytona

hvdaytona Karting

Nov 8, 2015
    That's a good idea. I will look into it

11. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    I don't have the lift in mine. I just installed skid plates on the bumper. Done fine so far, haven't scraped it yet.

12. RipVega

RipVega Karting

Jan 12, 2014
    Berkshire
    I did this sketch to compare the F12 overhang with my 458. I don't have the lift on my 458 and have never found it wanting. However, I still ordered it on the F12.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. hvdaytona

hvdaytona Karting

Nov 8, 2015
    That's great, it appears more of a necessity on the 458. thank you. Seems like here in the US prob not needed whereas as in Europe much more of a necessity. Even knowing this I'm not sure I can get a car without cause w my luck I'll prob need it.