Official Ferrari F12 Berlinetta Picture Thread | Page 131 | FerrariChat

Official Ferrari F12 Berlinetta Picture Thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by furious_ferrari, Mar 8, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I thought about vinaccia but that F12 has more Red and less purple than Vinaccia...

2. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    100% sure not Vinaccia

3. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    Rubino M?

of2worlds likes this.
  4. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    #3254 roma1280, May 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Good morning all!
    With the summer tires come the summer wheels. I do like the look of black wheels but I do think these are more elegant.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    Lowering + spacers would make big difference!

6. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I think it's low enough for daily driving in New York City!
    Agree would look cool though.

7. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry

In NYC you must be on the bumpy road setting all the time. Lowering wouldn't work for those roads but spacers wouldn't affect it negatively.

8. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    I agree, if lowering is problem, spacers are good way to improve visual effect!

9. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Yes "bumpy road" setting is always on in the city.

10. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I don't really know anything about spacers. What do they do, where do they go, how does it affect handling, how big are they? Need a spacers 101 please.

11. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    Wheel spacers are round metal inserts that are placed between brake rotor and wheel. Functionally, you are getting wider track width so you are getting a bit better handling. Visually, your wheels will be pushed out a bit, but still under fender.

I would go with NovitecRosso ones since those are specifically engineered for F12.

Here is F12 Berlinetta with wheel spacers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9O016x37tI

12. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I agree on some cars spacers add visual appeal as they bring the wheel out to fill the arch more, but if they improve handling why are they not factory fitted or indeed the wheel offset changed to produce the same effect?

13. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    #3263 Milanno, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
    That is great (technical) question and I would like to know too why is there so much empty space left on F12. On FF I can understand that, because FF is considered "4wd all-weather performance car" so empty space around wheels in winter time is very much welcomed.

There are a lot stock cars with wheels pushed out, like 991 GT3, 675LT, DB11, F Type R etc.

Silly thing is, on offical F12 Berlinetta renders wheels are pushed out.
    http://www.ferrari-zenith.ch/zenith/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ferrari-f12-berlinetta-2.jpg

14. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    #3264 Caeruleus11, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
    Mark, the thing about spacers is you want to match the same expansion/contraction characteristics between the wheel, spacer, and wheel hat. What Novitec does is make sure the products work. There are others that do it and I'm not sure on their testing, they might test as well or maybe even better?

I've had NR spacers on several Ferraris over many years without any problems.

Spacers do widen the track a bit so the positives are more stable drive when going straight ahead, and I've found every car I've done spacers on, they feel more substantially built. Its likely due with just the increased stability and how I interpret the sensations of driving. For example, I felt my 599 was less rattly and just felt more solid with the spacers. Could be entirely psychological but I really do think the extra track just helped the car handle bumps a bit better.

But the downside is you will make the car a little less agile and probably increase understeer slightly.

I believe you will also increase wear and tear on some suspension parts as you shift certain pivot points out- as long as you don't go too crazy its likely all within tolerances. That's another thing I've found with NR. So far at least I haven't seen them offer something that would go beyond the tolerances in the setup Ferrari uses.

There are also people who say you wouldn't want to go to the track with spacers as its something in between the wheel hat and the wheel and its extra stress on the wheel bolts. NR will give you a set of longer ones- or in the case of 20mm spacers they actually keep the standard wheel nuts. The wheel spacer actually bolts into the wheel hat and then you bolt the wheel using the stock nuts into that into a different set of threads.

Porsche has used spacers on models for a very long time with great success (straight from the factory- and spacers are an option on many models- the last time I looked online they were offered on several models) so I think if you are going to the track you can do it but you just have to make sure your car is inspected and you are sure everything is in good condition- which you should do regardless of whether you have spacers.

My general feeling with spacers is they are mostly for aesthetics that come about when you lower a car. I don't like the look of Ferraris at stock height but with spacers. Something looks off to my eyes. The stock F12 looks great as is, and since you are driving daily in and out of NYC I wouldn't want to change the ride height. But if your car was more toy and you wanted to lower it, you would see the stock track on the car is quite a bit inboard. The lowering exposes this more because your eye makes an easier association between the outside edge of the tires to the fender. Spacers will help the look by pushing the tires further out. This is all just my opinion. In your case I would do nothing but enjoy the car. It looks great and I really like it so much better with standard color wheels but again that is all personal preference. What a beautiful car you have!

The reason for the factory track being more inboard is due to several factors and probably others which I am not aware of. Some of them are making it easier to park and not scrape the wheel, handling agility, I think TUV requires a certain amount of inboard wheel to the fenders or maybe a maximum track for certain size of car... As to the ride height, its all about the balancing act between making a super car and also a GT in one. They need that height for ride comfort, spring compression and expansion and also ease of living with it. You can tighten it up with the NR lowering springs- they are about 15% stiffer. I am not sure if the stock F12 springs are constant rate or progressive rate, but often the stock springs are constant rate while the aftermarket ones are progressive rate.

15. XP1LM

XP1LM Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Truong
  16. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
  17. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
  18. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  19. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
  20. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  21. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  22. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    #3272 Garretto, Jun 9, 2016
  23. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I would say Blue Tour de France.

Blue Abu Dhabi here:

Car Search | Sytner Group Limited

24. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    #3274 Garretto, Jun 9, 2016
    Thank you for the link, it's a rare beautiful colour of which pictures are always welcome!

I'm still set on Abu Dhabi for the Paris car, though. I see a slight hint of green, more or less matches other pics I've seen of AD under cloudy skies and I'm sure TDF would picture darker, more navy/purple in such setting. All IMVHO, of course.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    +1 blu abu dhabi