Cars and Coffee in Orlando | Page 59 | FerrariChat

Cars and Coffee in Orlando

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Dohangs, Aug 16, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    It was nice meeting you too Frank. Now we just have to get you to add a Ferrari to your collection of cars and you'll be all set.

2. bmxracer50

bmxracer50 Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2009
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Henry, you mentioned you were looking for a lift company. These are the guys that installed my lift at the previous owner's place. I did a DIY install, so I can't vouch for any particular vendor. http://www.coasttocoastautoequipment.com/
    I use a dannmar D7 4-post. If I get another lift for storage, I'd go with the single post that we were discussing with Spiro. Its a little tricky to reverse park a wide sports car with bad rearward visibility under a 4 post.

3. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Coast to Coast did the install for my lift. I have an Atlas lift bought through Greg Smith Equipment, shipped direct to Coast To Coast, and they delivered and installed. I give them a thumbs up.

(My reversing skills are improving daily. I have to reverse the 328 onto the lift in order to ensure the garage door opens over the hood, and reverse whichever car is underneath so that the drivers door isn't against the wall. It's getting so I can't park straight if I don't reverse in...)

4. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    One warning, Coast To Coast's website still has their address as Barry St., Orlando. They moved to Sanford maybe two years ago.

I didn't confirm the shipping address and had to pay Averitt Express a fee to re-deliver to the correct address.

5. Joegnsx

Joegnsx Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 1, 2012
    Valrico, FL & Franklin, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gliksman
    I have 2 lifts from Affordable in Orlando--they arrange delivery and installation--very reasonable.

6. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Affordable haS taken over coast to coast. They are doing the installs and repairs now.

7. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Hi troy, It's been a while since you've been to Cars and coffee? Stop by some time!

8. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Hi guys, this month's cars and coffee will be held on March 19th from 10-12. I understand the 12 hours of Sebring are on that day. Stop up before going to Sebing if you can. Hope to see you there!

9. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Spiro, It has been a while. Need to get back over that way, life has been busy. Have some testing for work that morning, will see when I get out.

10. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    I am up and in for this!! See you there...

P.S.

Anyone here planning on going to the Festival of Speed at The Mission Inn? Cocktails under the stars April 9, Exotics on display April 10. You can just do the day/display if you want. See their web site... Wife and I are going.

11. bassrebel

bassrebel Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Danny Gonzalez
    I'll be there! Duh 😁

12. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hey, Mr. B!

Not to derail the C&C thread, but how has the Mission Inn event been in the past? The location is great. A very nice low key out of the way place.

Where I struggle a bit is putting Featival Of Speed there. I am far more about the cars, and less the "luxury lifestyle" they advertise as their draw. When I have gone to other such events in the past I tended to leave a little disgusted with the gratuitous bling for bling's sake, price is all that matters presentation.

Is this event better?

13. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    P. S. Should have added "Please talk me into going." An event like this at a location like Mission Inn could be great indeed.

14. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled Orlando Cars and Coffee discussion.

15. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Hi guys. Let's hope the rain stays away this Saturday . Stay posted here for more information .

16. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    Planning to pop along, can someone just confirm the current meeting poing please?
    We are over from UK for a few weeks again.

17. bassrebel

bassrebel Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Danny Gonzalez
    Spiro: Rain or Shine?

18. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Well, that depends if I wash my Lamborghini or not. Cause.....if I wash it, it'll definitely rain lol

Shamile

Freeze. . . Miami Vice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

19. 400iGuy

400iGuy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Al
    Unfortunately the race starts at 10:40 AM so it'll be tough to drive there, get parked and setup to watch the race in less than 40 minutes! :eek:)

See ya next time.

Al

20. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro

It's at Lakeside park in Celebration. Starts at 10am. If it is raining then it will be cancelled. Stay posted for updates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro

Hey Al, you know why they call it 12 hours of Sebring? Because the race last for 12 hours. So if you miss an half an hour of the race You still have 11 hours and 30 minutes remaining.

22. RotarySwingGolf

RotarySwingGolf Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2011
    Florida and Idaho
    For those who don't want to go through 74 pages of posts can you update this thread with location details for the meet up? Is there an exact address for those not familiar with celebration?

23. 400iGuy

400iGuy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Al
    It's nice to be able to walk the grid before the start and if you get there late it's hard to find a good place to spectate from. The 3rd turn is a popular place.

Al

24. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro

No worries Al. I was kidding around with you. Have a good tIme.

25. bassrebel

bassrebel Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Danny Gonzalez