The Official Bay Area Ferrari Owners Group (FOG) Rally & Breakfast | Page 486 | FerrariChat

The Official Bay Area Ferrari Owners Group (FOG) Rally & Breakfast

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by RSQP, Aug 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Almost a MOG drive today!

[​IMG]

2. s52

s52 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    East Bay
    Full Name:
    Christian
  3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hello Friends...

well after 3 years of ownership..it had to happen eventually...

had an encounter with the CHP on the way home....

I am always extremely polite and cautious with law enforcement. Especially since I have friends who are officers. I've found that politeness, respect, and cooperation has always been reciprocated in kind.

Today.....I fully experienced the horror story "exotic car owner's treatment." I can't think of any other reason why I had such a 'unique' experience today.

Without going into full detail on a public forum, - I humbly request any attorney recommendations familiar with the Redwood City traffic court.

Cheers

4. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    I wonder if it was to do with the cars and coffee event (on Treasure Island I think), probably a ton of "exotics" on the roads.

5. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Watch us race: racecast.me Click on the lemons logo. Car #40

This is what I do on weekends now...

Kai

6. 2MS

2MS Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear about your situation. During my first drive as an owner, I too ran into local authorities on HWY 1 that proved nothing less than an example that was set for something so minor. Even with the utmost respect toward the officer was conveyed, I felt like there was no explanation given that could tender his ear.

In short, I paid the ticket and will attend traffic school as it is more of a hassle to go through the court process (due to my schedule)

Good luck and hope all goes well.

Cheers,
    Mark

7. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Experienced Traffic Ticket Lawyer Los Angeles | Mr. Ticket

8. sammyf

sammyf Karting

Aug 13, 2004
    Sorry to hear Paul... I sent you PM.

The drive itself was great - thanks to the FOG coordinators!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thank you for your words of support Mark. Unfortunately, that's part of the situation. Traffic school is not an option. I have to go to court (no choice) and since I have to go in, I would want to have an attorney. Since this is a public forum, I don't want to go into details. I will say that I think injustice has been done. I'm pretty sure if I was in the same exact circumstance in car that didn't have a prancing horse, I would be signed up to traffic school next week.

10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Ahhh, the officer probably got sick of the 10th Ferrari speeding past him...

11. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith

And you brought the blue lightning...!

SV

12. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley

Yeah, and I may not do that again much in the future. With the turbo P-car and all the turbo McLarens, it was one of the quietest drives ever. An important part of the FOG drive experience is the sound. A guy back behind wanted to pass me to get better sound, except that only would have put him in the company of the similarly quiet turbo McLarens!

13. jordanair45

jordanair45 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    So Mr. Paul, then you do admit that you were speeding?! :D

All jokes aside, best of luck. Better to pay the ticket and go through traffic school, assuming your ticket was for speeding.

14. s52

s52 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    East Bay
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Sorry to hear... I too had a close call on 880N passing through Fremont.

I was cruising in the HOV lane and passed a CHP cruiser... I thought I was done for! He pulls out flicks his lights on and nabs the Prius that was one lane over about 100' ahead of me!!

I was amazed he didnt get me...

15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Very happy to hear!

:) normally I just chalk it up to wrong place wrong time...take traffic school and be done with it..unfortunately, this does not apply here.

16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    hahah...of course when I say speeding I mean it in the mechanical sense!

I here ya, I would go to traffic school to...unfortunately the way the cop wrote the ticket (without going into detail in a public forum) no dice on that route!

Thanks for your reply!

17. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Sorry to hear it Paul, was it radar by chance? Wondering if my new nifty radar system would have saved my fanny. Get an attorney and fight like hell!!!!

18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thanks for your words of support Brett...sent you a PM with how it went down...hopefully gives context...

Cheers

19. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    my guess is that the Prius is more eye catching. Every time I see a prius, the shape screams "look at me".

20. s52

s52 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    East Bay
    Full Name:
    Christian
    LOL!

Yeah it was pretty funny... I'm sure the Prius driver was going WTF you let the Ferrari go!???

haha

21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I just wanted to thank everyone for the great advice and support. It is appreciated. It reminded me why I loved the local Ferrari community.

Have a great drive everyone!

Cheers

22. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Hey FOGers!

As many of you know already, Ferrari Owners Group was contacted by the San Rafael Pacifics baseball team regarding their interest in some Ferrari support with their charity work.

Most are not aware that San Rafael has its own minor league baseball team and that they won the North American League Championship in 2012, their inaugural year. The team uses the game of baseball as a platform for encouraging you-at-risk of Marin to live healthier lives while promoting education and sportsmanship to the most challenged kids from the impoverished Canal District. They do this by holding free baseball clinics for the kids and teaching them about team work, developing skills, and setting goals, among other things. And, they help keep them out of trouble.

The fund and the clinics it pays for are entirely supported by donations from the community. This coming weekend, on Saturday the 25th, the Pacifics are holding a promotional event to help raise more funds for their kids’ programs.

They have asked if a handful of Ferrari owners would bring their cars for an afternoon display and give a short ride to only those who donate to the charitable fund. The Pacifics invite all Ferrari owners who participate to attend the official game that follows, as their guest, and we expect that a dinner will take place at a local venue for those who stay for the game.

A handful of FOG members are already signed up to be there. But they’d love to have a few more Ferraris join as the Marin Independent Journal and other papers have plugged the event. If you’d like to lend a hand and help make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged youth please contact the director of the event, Jennifer Clark, 415-485-1563 ([email protected]) and let her know you plan to attend so she can plan accordingly. I am also available to answer any questions you may have about this event. There will be dedicated parking for the car display and the local city officials are on board to make this a success.

Thanks in advance for helping out!

23. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Limited to Ferraris, or are other italian cars welcome. I was thinking someone might like a ride in my 500.

24. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Let me check with her on that -- thanks!

25. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Confirmed. You are in! Thanks so much for offering. but you have to dress the part, too :)