Seb vs Kimi :2015 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Seb vs Kimi :2015

Discussion in 'F1' started by texasmr2, Mar 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jdmwerks

jdmwerks Karting

Dec 5, 2007
    kimi is better, faster and more talented - IMHO. Vettel is an overrated baby. I really want to like the guy but just can't.

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

4 titles disagree's. Vettel faced more competition than LH has for them as well. Vettel has done what others said he needed to do - leave and win with another team. Job done. Not title yet but new car/team and success thus far. Talent.

Kimi is the epitome of a career achieving less than possible. Vettel took his opportunity and ran with it for 4 titles.

3. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Chalk up another dominant weekend for Seb, and another weekend of Kimi whinging on the radio.

Any predictions for Monaco?

4. DF1

Arrivabene is astute and see's this. Hence his reserved judgement on Kimi and the option year. He is replaceable for sure and equally may also keep the driver. Im thinking by Monza it will be settled. Kimi is running out of time to be honest.

5. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Good points all. And +1 on the quote.

However, the constant 'demands' from some here that he be replaced is wrong IMO. With who?

Young Max or Sainz jr., Danny Fiat? Promising rookies, not Ferrari drivers. Yet anyway.

The Hulk? I've said before, another journeyman who'll hang around, but nothing more.

Smiley Boy or Bottles? Maybe. But neither are 'dominating' their 'mates as yet.

I agree, Marlboro man appears to be doing well thus far. Hopefully Kimi will get his act together real soon.

Cheers,
    Ian

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    IMO Kimi is unbeatable when the car is perfect. Not so perfect, and he underperforms of what the car is capable of.

Vettel drives an unperfect car better than Kimi. I don't think he can keep up in a car ideal for both of them though. When Kimi is in that zone...it's game over for the rest.

Shame having a perfect car is so rare. Even less rare when there's no testing...

7. DF1

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Added to that, I remain under the impression that Kimi used the majority of last year as a test bed for this season. Racing for an extra point was pointless and it was more worth it to use time to gather as much positive information back to the team.

Now he's in a car that's pretty good and he's done quite well against a 4x WDC, his race pace is very good. I don't think that Arrivebene is right in saying that Kimi performs best under pressure, it's been said before in 2008 or 09 and I think later than that as well...In 2012 he was job secure and he did fantastic. Realistic chance at podiums and sniffs at wins is what motivates him more I reckon.

9. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Another qualifying session for Vettel. What's that, 5 out of 6 now?

10. 308luver

308luver Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    Ehhh... I like kimi but I think Vettel has him when in a perfect car too.

This Mercedes is better than the rb cars were yet they don't pull early gaps like vettel did when starting on pole. Especially in the Asian races where he seems more comfortable.

11. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    P2 v. P6, and further meltdowns from The Iceman on the radio. Is it over already?

12. DF1

Funny but jokes aside - Kimi is not making it happen when required. If they keep him fine. Right now I would not. More than likely at another team he would have already been told next year he would not be at the team.

Again by Monza this could be sorted one way or another if not sooner. He needs more than homework. He needs a good lap ...again and again in qualy. He should already have the skill by now to be honest. If not then why keep him.

13. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
  14. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I understand Ferrari has the initiative of taking the option for one more year, this until June 30th.

Rgds

15. DF1

Ok June it is. Thanks!

16. Abbey

Abbey Karting

Dec 1, 2014
    I do hope they take the option on Kimi. I have not seen such a good environment at our team for a long time. And now we have such good results with the people working hard together in the garages. It would be a shame to bring in a driver that messes that all up. It is strange but one person can do that.

17. DF1

Kimi is 'messing' it up for himself. He needs to get it right this weekend.

18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    IMO his biggest issue is qualifying, unable to get the tires to work and thus putting in a poor lap (I watched Ted's notebook on Monaco qualifying yesterday, and apparently the team send him out at the wrong time in Q3 thus resulted in him having an even poorer day).

I think there is little wrong with his race performance. If he actually qualified right behind seb more often I'm sure he'd have finished ahead of him at atleast half the races so far this year.

19. DF1

+1

20. Abbey

Abbey Karting

Dec 1, 2014
    He is doing a fantastic job in the area I was speaking about. However, in discussing his racing, he has also been very good in the race. As mentioned his qualifying has hurt him, but I think he just has to get a better feeling for the tires and he will come about.

I'm just so grateful for the improvement. Last season was very upsetting for Ferrari fans.

21. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Come on Ferrari! Let's get these Mercs this weekend with a Seb Kimi 1-2... And I don't much care which of them wins- they are both capable of it in the right equipment and with the right strategy.

22. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

+1 Let's Go Ferrari!
    T

23. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Are you suggesting that if he were faster he would probably finish better? ;)

24. GV27TIFOSI

GV27TIFOSI Karting

Jan 12, 2008
    Peoria, Arizona USA
    Full Name:
    DT
    Both Kimi and Vettel are complete professionals and have shown they can drive different marques of cars and be competitive.
    I was a big Alonso fan while he was at Ferrari, but as soon as Seb joined I felt that Ferrari had the complete package.
    Kimi is old school raw talent, Seb is the new generation but is enthusiastic and a great developer of the car.
    I think they are complementary too each others skill set and Ferrari have a bright future in my opinion.
    Love the 2015 Ferrari car looks beautiful.
    GV27TIFOSI