328 interior fan control problem | FerrariChat

328 interior fan control problem

Discussion in '308/328' started by Blulagos, Dec 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Blulagos

Blulagos Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    David Joos
    #1 Blulagos, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    One of the things on my to do list is to fix the interior fan contro 61808200.
    The left side functions properly, but the heating side is stuck on the maximal (red) position.
    I took the switch apart and think that the problem must be down to a faulty microswitch.
    This switch reads B8700 10-84.
    I googled to find this switch, but couldn't find it.
    If someone knows a site where they can be bought, that would be great!

David
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Blulagos

Blulagos Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    David Joos
    #2 Blulagos, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Milkshaker0007

Milkshaker0007 Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    If you can't find the exact switch you can make your own like I did.

Any push button switch from an old home printer operation panel or old fax machine, unsolder button
    As you can see your switch has a tall base ( black plastic)
    All you have to do is solder some long legs to the contacts on the switch and insert them into a drinks straw to same height and make them solid by gluing together so make them rigid.
    This will work as I've done it
    Hope fully you can understand my description enough to come up with some thing better
    All the best
    Let me know how you get on.

There is a calibration also for these heater controls from ferrari which needs to be done, some one on here will post I'm sure as I don't have in a PDF/electronically form

4. millsj

millsj Karting

Oct 17, 2011
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I either have the same problem or a related one. Is your heat stuck in the hot position (as in it is blowing hot air all the time) or are all the lights illuminated no matter how you adjust the level of heat. In my car, I can adjust the temperature, but all the driver's side red lights are illuminated. If this is the same problem, I at least have a starting point.

5. Blulagos

Blulagos Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    David Joos
    Thx for the info I will try to find abn original switch or use a generic one as you described.

My heat is stuck in the top position and I can't bring the temperature down by pushing the blue side of the button.

David

6. cinquevalvole

cinquevalvole Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Germany, Bayern
    Part Nr. 61808300 for the driver side (LHD).
    Could not source that part for a good price, no way to get it from factory or our common suppliers. Thus a repair approach would help a lot.

happy 2015 to all !

cheers