Ferrari F50 GT vs Pagani Zonda Revolucion | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F50 GT vs Pagani Zonda Revolucion

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Keen, Dec 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lcworld

lcworld Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2013
    The Revolucion would eat the F50GT alive and spit out the bones.

The F50GT has high power on paper but only has 300+ ftlbs of torque. You have to rev the hell out of the engine to get the power. It's chasis, suspension everything was developed 20 years ago.

The Revolucion's chasis is next generation chasis (essentially the same as a Huayra's). Even the Zonda R lapped the ring in 6:40+.

2. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012

You really have no clue what you are talking about, are you ?

The torque gap isn't that big.

The F50 GT1 has about 100-150 HP more and it weighs 200 kg less. I'm not even mentioning the fact that it is a race car.

3. lcworld

lcworld Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2013
    I think you're the one who have no clue. It's a race car that never raced.

If it's got balls it'll race like the McLaren F1, CLK-GTR etc.

Instead they proclaimed to the world how super it is, but won't let anybody drive it. That's chicken****, not bravo.

4. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    #29 rossocorsa13, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    IIRC--and someone correct me if I'm wrong, because this is from an old writing project I did on the F50 GT1 back in high school--but Ferrari built the GT1 right before the FIA changed the regulations for its designated class. Most manufacturers had already found the loopholes in the old class, and so Ferrari was already late to the game. When the class changed, they pulled the plug on the program because it wouldn't have made sense to bring something to the table that not only wouldn't have been competitive, but would have required extensive reworking to become race legal.

I don't think Ferrari proclaimed anything about the GT1. They built one car, crushed the remaining tubs that weren't built by third parties, and told the owners never to race them.

And your adjective describing their actions doesn't fit the performance envelope of an almost 20 year old car that is still faster than an FXX. Despite being based on road car underpinnings, the FXX is a still a serious piece of machinery--but it can't keep up with a 20 year old GT1.

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ferrari normally lets one of their test drivers (gene/badoer etc) do powerlaps. They take a small team of engineers with to ensure everything is perfect so they get as fast a time as possible...They do this for certain magazines even, also for Top Gear...

6. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Very interesting. Are you able to share any more details on that court order?

7. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    It's public record actually. Essentially it came after Art was guaranteed the ONE and ONLY F50GT in his contract with Ferrari. This is in part why 002 and 003 were not finished by Ferrari and are in fact spares for 001.

8. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    #33 Gmaccormack, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    Can you tell us how they came to be if they were spares for 001? Did art sell them?

9. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    No, Ferrari did and they weren't supposed to, but that wouldn't the first or the last time Ferrari did something like that.

10. TF110

TF110 Karting

Jun 26, 2010
    I have no doubt the car wouldve been competitive in FIA GT. If its faster by a good bit than the 333 at fiorano, itd compete just fine with the 911 gt1/clk lm based on the 333's relative performance to those cars.

11. notsofast

notsofast Karting

Sep 29, 2009
    So if the F50GT hadve made it to the grid of the FIA GT championship who would've raced the cars?

1997/98 saw factory BMW McLaren, Porsche and Mercedes teams in the championship one wonders if Ferrari would've done the same.

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    They wanted to sell the car to private teams IIRC.