anyone know this car 06422 | FerrariChat

anyone know this car 06422

Discussion in '206/246' started by fioranotestpilot, Oct 24, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fioranotestpilot

fioranotestpilot Formula Junior

May 20, 2005
    australia
    Full Name:
    andrew pontone
    Hi need help on some info on this dino RED GTS serial no 06422

Andrew

2. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Originally delivered in the USA in Nov 1973.

Must have been a left hooker.

Is it still a left hooker??

3. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    Did you find any further information?

4. nyc

nyc Karting

Aug 23, 2010
    now on ebay with BIN $305,000

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Are those the plates that are currently on the car?

This car (06422) was originally yellow; it was painted red in the early '80s.

6. torquespeak

torquespeak Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I am sure other Fchatters have stumbled upon this thread today or yesterday for the same reason I have. Will make for an amusing update in due course.

7. LandRoverV

LandRoverV Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #7 LandRoverV, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    To hopefully save some other Fchatters some time I would like to share my experience concerning this serial number. As I'm sure others have, I saw this car advertised for sale in Florida at an unbelievable price. There was no phone number so I emailed the seller on Nov 8. I received a reply back on Monday of this week from a Mark Fontino saying the car was still available. After some research and another email the seller was identified as "Smokey Auto Sales" in Sanford, FL, smokeyautosales.net. There is no Smokey Auto Sales listed as registered Florida dealer. I finally got a phone number so I called Mark Fontino this morning and surprisingly someone actually answered the phone and said he was Mark from Smokey Auto Sales. After discussing the car very briefly I asked him for the VIN. He said he was not at his office, but would have his assistant send me a photo of the title. I ran a title search based on the information on the title he provided which came back to a 2004 Ford.

Throughout the process I was well sure this was a scam, but a few minutes of Google searches was worth the effort. I called Mark Fontino back after running the title search to ask him about the discrepancy and why every one of the photos he sent me came from this ad: 1973 Ferrari Dino GTS Built in June 1973 | eBay . When I asked about the title he said that he would have to check with his manager and asked me to wait on hold. The call was immediately ended from his end and when I have tried to call back it rings once then goes to a busy signal. Not a surprising outcome, but if others are looking into this car I thought I should put this out there. The old adage is true, if it seems to good to be true is probably is.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. torquespeak

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Likewise. I knew it was a scam from the off, but thought I'd see how far I could take the guy on an email chain before he actually sent me a counterfeit document or at least something that could be 100% proven as fake.

He sent over photos and told me the car was available to view immediately. He was moderately intelligent in picking an address of a different car lot in Florida (so Street View would at least provide an image of a low-rent car trader), but a quick search would be enough to show it belonging to a completely different company.

Of course, he could always claim to be operating two businesses from the address, but the hugely obvious fraud is shown in the scan of the title above.

The title is dated 11/06/2014, and shows 'Electra Theodorides-Bustle' as Executive Director of the FLHSMV.

Electra quit that post in September 2009:
    https://www.linkedin.com/pub/electra-theodorides-bustle/10/9a3/629

Unsurprisingly, I've had no response to my email asking him whether he'd care to explain his deceit... ;)

9. sws4re

sws4re Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2006
    Olathe Ks
    Full Name:
    Scott Sweat
    This S bag is still working on ripping someone off. I was contacted recently to go look at this car. The would be buyer/victim spoke with Mark, he said the car runs and drives better than new and was ready to go. I did some digging here and a couple other places and saved the buyer a big headache. As soon as Mark new he would not be receiving any money before showing the car he stopped answering any calls.

10. torquespeak

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I know nothing about US law, but given that people have actually got phone numbers for this guy, and I've been provided with a falsified title document, can this info be passed to the FBI?

11. Super_Dave

Super_Dave Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
  12. SteveGTB

SteveGTB Rookie

Jan 27, 2014
    Milwaukee, WI
    Copy that. Same experience, my phone # and guys name was (407) 545-6244.

Regards ,
    Richard Moseley
    Sales Manager

Smokey auto sales. Sent pics, copy of title etc. Hope he gets hit by something Italian ;)

13. Hejman

Hejman Rookie

Mar 13, 2014
    I'm in the middle of a similar deal for a '64 Jag XKE listed as 29K. I've been dealing with Richard Moseley by email,as well. Same address and phone number as above in Steve's post. He sent >60 pictures of a very clean read roadster with extensive info, however the car is also listed for sale in Nevada as well on another site. Very elaborate website with personal photos and bios of employees and multiple cars, however the Jag is not there. His explanation for this was thata they have no partition on their website for classic autos, just current cars. To put this in a little perspective this $150K car was listed at $29,950.00. Too good to be true.

14. jjeffries

jjeffries Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2012
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    John Jeffries
    I think it was these guys who just separated someone on Pelican from $28k for a 911 that wasn't really for sale. Extensive thread on the PP 911 forum. John.

15. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#15 dm_n_stuff, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Smokey Trucks & Auto Sales
    701 South French Avenue
    Sanford, FL 32771
    Phone: (407) 392-4692

Smokey Trucks & Auto Sales
    701 South French Avenue,
    Sanford, FL 32771
    (407) 392-4692

Jeff Sanders is listed on Manta as the contact point.

Property as of 1/15/15 is for sale and appears vacant. Google image from 2013 shows a used car lot. MLS listing says "currently a used car lot."

Sounds like someone using the name as a smokescreen for the scam. Oops. Smokescreen, Ha that's some funny stuff I came up with there.

Scammer for sure, but not at all sure the "smokey" company has anything to do with it. I could not find a registered FL company under any of the Smokey names that seem to fit.