1995 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, Like New | FerrariChat

1995 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, Like New

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by luvair, Jun 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    #1 luvair, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Absolutely the finest, most beautiful factory original cabriolets in the world. Consistent first place Concours d'Elegance winner. Owned by a fanatical car collector since 1995. Always stored in climate controlled garage. Fastidiously maintained. Midnite blue metallic with cashmere interior. All original paint, no chips, scratches. Interior, like new. Mechanicals, wheels, tires are perfect. 25K miles. All documentation, factory items, from day one. 75K.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    75K..? wow.. Good luck with the sale...

R

3. jjmcd

jjmcd Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    964s and 993s are joining the big upward swing in values started by the long hood 911s. $75k is a bit much for a narrowbody 993 (even one as nice as this one), but it will probably seem cheap in 3 years.

4. 986986

986986 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 8, 2007
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Matt

If it's a coupe, manual and Varioram and or Turbo ........otherwise that's crazy money

5. maddygill

maddygill Rookie

Jun 18, 2014
    This is very awesome. I would have love to add the car to my collection but, recently got a salvage car.

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It appears to be a manual??

GLWS!

7. 986986

986986 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 8, 2007
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Manual Coupe preferably Varioram...not hairdresser spec was was point.

8. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    It is 6 speed manual. I already have one serious offer from a collector friend. We'll see, I am in no hurry to sell, just not using it much.

9. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    No trash talk, please.

There's no need to insult the spec of the car for sale. The seller can also ask whatever price he thinks he can get.

I haven't seen the car, but that low mileage and, if accurate, pristine preservation, could add up to more than you would imagine.

Matt

10. 986986

986986 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 8, 2007
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Buddy - no one is insulting the spec of the car and if I needed a lecture I would call my Mum so climb down and stay on topic.

It is my learned opinion and experience that leads me to come to the conclusion that personally believe it's overpriced.

I know for a fact the most desirable 993s on the world market are coupes in manual.....obviously all S derivations but untouched/modified narrow body 2WD manual cars either Varioram or non are going to be a great investment over time, then of course Turbos amd X50 spec cars and the RSCS specs long before hairdresser spec options unless it's speedster etc.

11. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Charming.

:)

12. Detour_racing

Detour_racing Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Hmm what is your definition of trash talk? This type of reply to a moderators polite request is a bit much, no?

Beautiful car, GLWS!

13. forzatifosi

forzatifosi Karting

Aug 30, 2009
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    J
    nice car, but there a few comparable 993 cabrios with lower miles for much cheaper out there

14. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Luvair,

Where is your Porsche located at?

I happen to love the color, wheels, options, and mileage of your car, for sure.

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That would be my spec...cool car!

16. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Thank you. Car is located in CT. PM for further info.

17. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

You are a rookie on this chat. Clearly you do need a lecture.

18. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    75k. Wowza good luck

19. 986986

986986 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 8, 2007
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I don't understand you comments my friend, maybe a rookie on this particular chat, but that's where it ends....but your entitled to your opinion, you don't know me and I don't know you so lets leave it at that.....again lets stay on topic.

FWIW does anyone know if the car has sold? for the asking price?

20. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i'm guessing 986 would not object to a $75k boxster for sale thread.....

21. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Well, you really do need to understand his comments or you won't be here.

You also need to be more polite, and listen, and have an awareness of what you are saying and to whom you are saying it.

Your uncouth stumbling into this post is a like drunk guy wandering into my garage while I'm there with my friends and you start calling those friends "hairdressers."

Finally, if you call me "Buddy" again, I will ban you for life.

Get a normal amount of humility and decency.

Matt

22. 986986

986986 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 8, 2007
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    yes I would.......my handle goes a long way back when I owned one in 98 after selling my 993 manual coupe, FWIW I was offered 993 RS for the same price as the new Boxster I bought...I declined which wasn't very bright...but have since made up for that if you look at my profile.

23. 986986

986986 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 8, 2007
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #23 986986, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    Buddy -

Wow advice from a guy who refers to this topic as 'his own garage' - hmmm some ownership issues there, threatens to ban me for simply using the term Buddy - and then tell ME to get a normal amount of humility and decency....people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

But before you do ban me please make sure you show du-course for undertaking it......people are banned on here for serious actions to which I agree on including fraud etc, your tactic smacks a little of being the playground bully or fascist...... the level of sensitivity on here is seriously out of control...all over referring to a convertible 'hairdresser' spec, you seriously need some perspective, this isn't politics or religion for goodness sake.

Again please show me where the term 'buddy' contravenes the members rules of this forum please? or even having an opinion that differs from a few others on this topic?

Lets get back on topic as this has been hijacked enough over a simple word that a few people thought was akin to heresy.....has the car sold yet?

24. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    "Du-course", as you put it, is comprised of rules 1.1 and 1.2:

1.1 No "Flaming": Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another user.

1.2 No "Trolling": Please do not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this community. Don't create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes messages in profiles and signatures.​

You were advised not to troll the thread by trying to cause a disturbance with your belittling the options on the car for sale. You're not fooling anyone when you later claimed that you didn't, and your use of the term "Buddy" for the attending moderator is indisputably intended to rile him up - which, frankly, is not something we have to tolerate. Instead of simply moving on or dropping the issue, you've gone out of your way to be difficult - again, not something we have to tolerate.

I would suggest that it's you who needs some perspective: rather than displaying passive aggression over what was a very reasonable and polite request, you should have stopped needling yourself into a ban.

All the best,
    Andrew.

25. 986986

986986 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 8, 2007
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    And all this stems from having a view that the convertible 993 for sale is overpriced...I am not belittling the car...where I come from the term I used isn't considered so controversial....the original poster has not made any comment to me that he is insulted or felt my term is derogatory...I have time and time again asked us to get back on topic..I will defend myself when I feel it is necessary.

Once again can we get back on topic - has the car sold...I believe it hasn't....which only adds to my original point that I my opinion its overpriced...a lovely motorcar but overpriced....there are at least 4 other posts saying the car is overpriced are you going to ban them as well?

lets all move on.