Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 29 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    It's hard to communicate why, since I was the only one present, but I just found it to be sorta weird! Certainly the most strange F car related conversation I've ever had as an owner. I don't think I ever referred to the guy as dumb, if I did, that probably wasn't nice. Hard to describe, just sorta weird. I always engage people in conversations about the car, trying to be a good brand ambassador. I don't act stuck up or snobbish at all. Not good for us owners.

2. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This may be the dumbest thing ever. I was gassing up the spider today when an Infiniti with a young mom pulled up at the other pump. I know the owner of the station and we were having a conversation when the mom yelled over that she would trade me her kid for my car. About a second later we hear a blood curdling scream from the backseat of the car and that's when we realized the "kid" she was talking about was in the car and heard her. She then spent the rest of the time apologizing to her child and trying to convince us that she wasn't nuts. I then told her that when her "kid" gets older, gets a job and moves out she will be able to get the car and I drove away.

3. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    "All of them. Once they sit in it, they need help getting out." :p

4. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    That's sad, especially since the little kid thought she meant it.

5. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I think she did. :)

6. HAC

HAC Karting

Mar 28, 2006
    Knoxville, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Hugh A. Cornell
    The one that sticks out in my mind is, so who makes these?

7. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    :)

The sad part is that I get that about all my cars.

My insurance agent never even heard of Alfa Romeo.
    And didn't know who made the EVO.
    At least she'd heard of Ferrari. ;)

(The funny one was one insurance agent's response to the term WRX. "Wrecks?" :p)

8. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The little kid definitely thought she was serious. It was mind incredible that she said it with the kid right there. Just plain dumb.

9. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Some years ago while driving my Dino I was asked, "Hey, is that an old Mustang?"

Some years later while driving my 360 I was asked, "Hey is that the new Mustang?"

At least the 360 had a horsey on it, so I could understand, a little, how that one got confused.

Sheesh.

I was asked if my Dino was a Corvette, a replica Corvette, a Toyota, on and on. At least with the Dino I could understand it a bit. You don't see one everyday, so it would be easy to ask what it was and not know.

I had someone TELL me at a car show that my Dino was a replica. Had a concours judge, at the same show, TELL me that the side markers on my car were wrong. (He didn't know there was a US version of the car, and wouldn't believe me even after I took out the books and showed it to him.)

But, generally people just remark on how beautiful they are, and how they'd love to own one someday.

10. ar_es

ar_es Formula 3

Jun 6, 2013
    Rome
    Full Name:
    Ares

That's not even tolerable in any way!

Sent from my F430 using Tapatalk.

11. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    An older friend recently asked me how long I've owned the Mustang (pointing to the 599).

12. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So....how long have you owned your Mustang :p:D

13. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
  14. Tricycle

Tricycle Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    LA Cnty 4,083sqmiles
    My new '89 328 was dropped off at my house today and a 10 year old neighborhood girl after driving in it (hands up in the air like a roller coaster ride) with her dad this morning
    (Yes, I let 3 of my neighbors take it out for a spin around a block or two with their kids) hung out around it while I had it parked out front.

She came up to me later and confided that "Two boys were driving by in a car and stopped in front of the Ferrari arguing if it was a Ferrari or the new Mustang."

Look like I'm going to hear a lot of this :)

15. jzcar

jzcar Karting

Mar 23, 2012
    N Florida
    Pulled into a Sunoco station last week for some fuel for the 430 coupe. A school crossing guard was working nearby. He walked 100 feet to get a closer look and after walking around the car and looking it over, he asked, 'is this made by Ford?'

16. 1stFerrari@71

1stFerrari@71 Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2013
    Commerce, Texas
    Full Name:
    Joel Jacobs
    Re: my '88 328 GTB (silver/red)

Is that a Nissan?
    Is that a DeLorean?
    Is that real or a kit car?

Recently had a guy tell me he used to drive past the Ferrari factory daily in Sicily.

Pulled up to get gas in my C6 Corvette, guy yells, "Next time buy American." I replied, "It's a Chevrolet." He says, "I didn't know Chevrolet made Corvettes." At least he knew it was a Corvette.

Most folks just aren't car folks....

17. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    you should have said "Yes sir, and Ferrari makes the Mustang".....:D

18. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    Along those lines a trucker asked if it (my grey 360) was a Mustang? Then proceeded to say I was lying when I said it was a Ferrari. He did remark how the whole back end appeared to be all engine though.

19. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    All this recent Mustang confusion must be because the Mustang is "new," and people tend to latch onto things that are new and exciting to them...
    Then again, it's probably down to the horse badges...
    A girl I grew up with made that mistake with a Ferrari in NYC (calling it a nice Mustang). Fortunately, that hasn't happened to me yet!

20. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    People around here think "SF" stands for San Francisco!

21. vracer

vracer Formula 3

Jun 23, 2014
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Richard
    At an FCA event, my wife was asked, "What Ferrari does your husband have?" Her answer: "Blue".

22. Ehamilton

Ehamilton Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 13, 2010
    Durham, NC; USA
    Full Name:
    Eric Hamilton
    Him: Nice car!
    Me: Thanks... 1981, and still fun to drive!
    Him: It's a Corvette, right?
    Me: Nope, Ferrari
    Him: Coupla hundred thousand dollars, right?

<sigh>

23. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I get so sick of hearing the "what year is it question". I don't think I've ever had a single person ask what model. That's what I would want to know if I weren't knowledgable about them.

24. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Had a guy telling me that the rear view mirrors on the TR were different sizes on each side. My first reply was a polite "I don't think so". This happened like three times. Finally I said "you're right".

25. Benternet

Benternet Formula Junior

May 4, 2014
    TN
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I love the occasional , "Are you famous?" (would they be asking me that question if I was?)