Went to the new car show in Greenville | FerrariChat

Went to the new car show in Greenville

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by trumpet77, Jan 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    This is an annual event, sponsored by Motor Trend, so at least you get a free year's subscription to their magazine for attending. While it was OK, a lot of new cars and some older cars on display, as well as the duPont Registry in some fashion had a corral of some Ferrari, Porsche, a Saleen, two Teslas and some others, for the most part what I noticed was that many manufacturers/dealers were NOT here. No BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Mazda, Jaguar, and of course there were no Aston Martin, Ferrari, Maserati etc. dealers.

2. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    #2 trumpet77, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    I went to this last Saturday night. I shared many of your opinions. In a town that literally builds BMWs and BMW is not there. That looks so bad, doesn't it? Also ditto to the Mercedes, Audi, Jaguar, Porsche, Land Rover...come to think of it. No presence of manufacturers there unless they were American or Asian. Hmm...

Over in the Dupont Registry section Saturday night, they did have a red 458 Italia, gray California, red 360 Spider, red F40 "LeMans", 2 new Masers (14 Quattroporte and 14 Ghibli), gray DB9 coupe, gray Conti GT coupe. The burgundy Saleen S7 surprised me. Don't see those every day.

4. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    I've always been pretty "meh" about this show. Honestly, it kind of sucks. You can go down Laurens Rd and see 95% of what's at this show. Then, you can go to the Upstate C&C once a month and see the other 5% that is at the Dupont section, including the TT Saleen S7. All without charging for entry and parking.

5. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Good comments! I can only say that we didn't get charged for parking, and admission to the show still gets you a year's worth of Motor Trend for free!

We did the show in Charlotte recently, and have been to Atlanta a few times, so certainly this pales in comparison. Thanks to my job I "had" to go to the Detriot show one year, and that was pretty colossal!

6. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    I'd like to one day go to the Detroit show. That would be pretty awesome.

7. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I went on Sunday.

I have to say I was a bit disappointed by it.