So Alonso is scared of a competitive teammate? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

So Alonso is scared of a competitive teammate?

Discussion in 'F1' started by TifosiUSA, Sep 11, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Pekka did post certain details in early August, all happened to be 100% correct. That tells me that he knew more. Since he is press...the press knew. Simple mathematics. The reason for the Alonso hatred Lightguy explains nicely below. RE AD2010, Alonso was some 15 points ahead of Webber and actually pitted 4 laps after Webber, moments after brushing the guard rail. I think you'll find he probably ****ed his championship up himself, along with the fact that he couldn't overtake Petrov. When it's the last race of the season and you're currently losing it...at one point you will start taking bigger chances.
    This is an option :).
    This.
    Gordon, I think your big mistake was not agreeing with him in the first place, which seems to be the whole point of the topic.

2. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    #77 TifosiUSA, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    Come on now, Gordo...

Actually, I never said it was absolute truth. I said it's the only thing we have to go off of now so it would be presumptuous to say anything else. What evidence do you have that Alonso is pissed off? The only thing he's pissed of about is a crappy car. Reading comprehension? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I hope English isn't your first language.

We've butted heads in the past, you always slink off with your tail between your legs, looks like nothing has changed.

I would put you on ignore but your posts provide fantastic comic relief. You're a bit of a broken record, but amusing nonetheless. Alonso is a F1 driver and several people on here talk about him like he's some brutal dictator of a third world country or something. Unreal. So much hate. :rolleyes:

Again, feel free to stop posting in my thread whenever. As usual, you've brought nothing to the table.

Bas Jaski for 5 years: "ALONSO IS A SNAKE, HE WILL NEVER ALLOW A FAST TEAMMATE"

*Raikkonen Joins Ferrari*

Me: LOL

3. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    You would fail just about every standardized test then. This is like saying "I see a car. The car is red. All cars are red." :rolleyes:

4. MrShades

MrShades Rookie

Sep 23, 2009
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Claus Roger Schjerverud
    For you who say Alonso is happy to have Kimi as a team mate i must tell you that you are so wrong.
    Remember that Alonso have been number 1 since he joined Ferrari and now Ferrari signs Kimi again and on equal terms as Alonso.
    That is what i call an obvious and clear being degraded Alonso and i am sure he feels it that way.

I must say that Ferrari that have always had the number 1 driver and the support driver really amazes me when signing Kimi on equal terms as Alonso
    One thing for sure and that is that Ferrari will have the strongest driver line up ever with Kimi and Alonso

I hope Kimi can get Ferrari back on tracks

5. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    This is the problem: Only Alonso knows how Alonso feels. Would he have preferred Massa? I'm sure, but that doesn't mean he is furious and scared. We have several posters (just read the thread) trying to pass off mere guesses (at best) at how Alonso feels about the move as fact - and then have the audacity to attack my argument when in fact:

1.) Alonso has said he's happy w/Kimi
    2.) Alonso is still at Ferrari
    3.) Alonso has not thrown a fit

Sure he's probably not jumping for joy with Kimi at Ferrari, but there is ZERO evidence to suggest he is angry. None, zip, zilch.

So unless Gordo, Bas Jaski, and others are mind readers or close friends of Alonso they should kindly exit stage left...

6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Again. You are the one ignoring the fact that the Alonso - LdM love story has hit a rough patch. It's not 100% Alonso's team anymore, and his veto has gone away (hence the Kimi signing).

We shall see who laughs last. IF Alonso gets beaten by Kimi next year or the year after, he WILL throw a hissy fit, and I shall go on having a chuckle at your expense, still dislike Alonso and pretty chuffed with life since my favourite driver will have beaten the current best driver in F1.

7. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    This thread has sorta disintegrated, huh!?.....

Anyway, seems to me neither side *know* **** about what Fred's thinking. For all we know he may be thrilled at having a (presumably) quick teammate.

I am certain he's not 'afraid'- I don't think he's afraid of anyone.

This is, IMO at least, untrue. I've said before, both Rubens & Phil have always maintained there was never anything in their contracts about 'status'. I'm pretty sure I could go back further and find similar quotes from Eddie et al over the years. They design the best car they can, then build two identical versions of the thing. One side of the garage wants to beat the other - Always been that way and always will be.

Now, once one guy starts to 'dominate' the other ALL teams, not just Ferrari, want the de facto #2 to support the leader. Again, nothing new or revolutionary there, always been that way, always will be.

Cheers,
    Ian

8. MrShades

MrShades Rookie

Sep 23, 2009
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Claus Roger Schjerverud
    Ferrari have always had a number 1 driver and a support driver since Schumacher joined the team.
    Everybody remember when Barrichello was leading Schumacher and Barrichello braked just before the finish line to let Schumacher past.
    It have been just the same with Eddie Irvine and Massa so there is no doubt about that.

I really think that Alonso that are used to have the team around him because he is the number 1 driver feels like he have been degraded now that Kimi joins on equal terms as Alonso.

It is like if you are the boss for a part of a company that you have been running for a few years and then your bosses tell you that they will change out your secretary(Massa)and employ another boss on the same terms as you to have the job done better.

I do not think that Alonso is afraid but i am sure he does not like the fact that Kimi is joining the team and on the same terms Alonso himself.

I am pretty sure that Alonso will look for another team to drive for.
    Not just because Kimi signed for Ferrari but i think that Alonso have not been happy at Ferrari this season
    Alonso might take his Santander with him to Lotus and if Lotus had more money and Alonso behind the wheel could be a winning combination

We all have favorite teams and drivers and off course Kimi is my favorite driver
    Kimi have been my favorite driver since he joined Formula1 with Sauber

One more thing is that Kimi would have had 3 world championships and not just one has it not been for the McLaren car breaking down a lot of times he was leading

But i might be wrong and Kimi and Alonso have been a part of the Formula 1 circus for so long that i suppose they will get along well

Kimi is a relaxed person so this might work out very well

Specially for Kimi because he have looked hungry for wins in the Lotus which is not as good a car as the Ferrari F1 car!
    I can not remember seeing Kimi so hungr for good results since his McLaren days
    When Kimi made a comeback it made Formula 1 more fun to watch again for me
    Seeing him nursing that Lotus to podium after podium and getting a lot of points the first year after his comeback

9. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    See, this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. What proof do you have that Alonso ever had a veto? Have you seen the contract?

You can't keep pulling this stuff out of nowhere and trying to pass it off as fact.

Keep dreaming, although if Alonso wins I can only imagine the excuses...

Agree completely. Although Domenicali has stated that Alonso is smart enough to know that a fast teammate only helps his title chances. He may be happy with it for all we know. The fact that he's not done or said anything to indicate otherwise was my point.

10. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    IMO, the Lotus has been better than the Ferrari ever since Kimi came back.

11. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ermm Not bad, 86 posts later and we have deduced we know nothing about what goes on in Freds head...:)

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Now I know this thread is one big piss take.

Well played.

:D

13. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    No, no slinking involved. I just refuse to become a complete asshat to argue with you at your level, and recall too late that you're really not worth any effort. You, on the other hand, revel in being a complete asshat - and then when people turn away in disgust, you assume that you've actually won an argument. I will readily acknowledge that you're the winner of the complete asshat award for the F1 forum section, and have no doubt that you will enjoy that victory.

14. mnm

mnm Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    lol. OK at least now we all know you're joking.

15. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Actually, it's kinda true. Don't forget that Lotus have a strict budget compared to Ferrari.

16. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Professionals at this level aren't "scared."

17. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  18. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He is 'something' that is for sure!

19. qwertstnbir

qwertstnbir Formula 3

Jul 14, 2013
    I think Vet will win next season too , Newey + Vettel is better duo than Alonso + Kimi

20. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Ferrari's number one priority is the constructors title. Thats where the money is.
    They could care less about the WDC.
    Doesnt surprise me they hired Kimi. You need 2 strong drivers to win. You cant do it with one.
    I am Massa's biggest fan but a constructors title would never happen with him not pulling his weight.

21. MrShades

MrShades Rookie

Sep 23, 2009
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Claus Roger Schjerverud
    Actually i think Ferrari can do quite well next season with Kimi back behind the wheel and also because Allison left Lotus for Ferrari

So Ferrari will benefit a lot because of Kimi and Allison

I feel like comment to some here on the forum but i can tell that this person does not know anything about Formula 1

22. Dancinsteve

Dancinsteve Rookie

Aug 31, 2012

Posted from Ferrarichat.com App for Android

23. Dancinsteve

Dancinsteve Rookie

Aug 31, 2012

Posted from Ferrarichat.com App for Android

24. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005