Attacked By Ferrari Owner - Pee Prank | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Attacked By Ferrari Owner - Pee Prank

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by power007, Apr 14, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Peeing on a Ferrari and filming it?

It's been done!

And for those who remember which incident I'm talking about,...it did not work out very well for the culprit. :rolleyes:

2. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    That was an epic thread...

Kai

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Not staged... but every person in that video is an idiot.

4. M3-ADDICT

M3-ADDICT Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2006
    NOVA
    Not staged, and this is what happens when Ferrari 360's turn on eBay for $60K and someone like him is able to pick it up.

5. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    #30 KKSBA, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
    Watch it without audio, and see if you still feel it isn't staged.

6. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    ^^Fixed
    I'm guessing staged. The missing front plate is too suspicious, and so is the "owner" who won't let it go even after realizing it was a joke. Too much girly pushing. If it was real, the owner would have snuck up on him and knocked his lights out before he realized what hit him!

7. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

Took on a life all it's own that one!....... IIIRC, basically wound with the punk kid begging for forgiveness via his buddies registering here and claiming he wasn't too bad of a kid. Awesome demonstration of the power of the community.

Cheers,
    Ian
    PS - haven't even bothered to watch it. Got a pretty good idea of what I'd see, fake or not makes no real difference. ;)

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Ok, what thread is that?

9. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Yeah that was. The power of FerrariChat. Gibby was done for! :D

10. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
  11. Mozella

Mozella Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2013
    Piemonte, Italia
    Nope, never. Typically people break out in a big grin when they see my red 360. Frequently they yell out "Bella" or shout "FERRARI!!". I get thumbs up from motorcycle riders and people pull over to the far right to let me pass when they see me coming up behind them. Sometimes people give me a "throttle" motion with their hands when I pass, implying that they want to hear the engine. We have frequent police stops to check documents and they always compliment my car and sometimes ask that I get on the throttle when leaving.

I live in Italy, so that could explain the difference. We have A$$ H***s here too, but only a dozen or so (not counting those in politics) which means that you rarely encounter one.

This pleasant reaction is quite a bit more intense than I would have imagined before I purchased my Ferrari. And it comes from men and women both young and old; even the typical old Italian "Nona". Perhaps because it's unusual to see a Ferrari. In the 3 1/2 years I've live in Italy, I have seen exactly two on the road if you don't count the Ferrari gathering I saw one day which was a parade of at least 75 cars cruising the shores of Lago Maggaore.

Roberto

12. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hook us up with a link please...

13. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
  14. Smyrna355Spider

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'm not sure. I was surprised to find the youtube video is still up and running. Gibby obviously isn't concerned about it to have left it up.

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Is that his own YouTube account? If so we should reopen the thread, he was begging for mercy.

16. Smyrna355Spider

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott

Rob you should know it has to be real. ;) It is on the internet and they can't put anything on the internet that's not true. Seriously, I read that on the internet. :cool:

17. Smyrna355Spider

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #42 Smyrna355Spider, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
    I don't know Rob. I don't even know how to find out. :confused:

I just thought it was because it appears to be the exact same clip we originally saw. I realize it could just be what someone else copied and posted. I guess, I assumed and we all know what happens when I assume. Oh well :)

18. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    +1000000000

Couldn't say it any better!

19. DrDon

DrDon F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 11, 2012
    Infractionville
    Full Name:
    Armando Decredenza
    This thread belongs in P&R.

The point I was trying to make above, which seemed to be lost on most is that any time you make rules which favour one segment of the population, you disadvantage the rest.

The establishment of Handiap parking is just that. Creating a divide in society. Those that have permits (legitimately or not) and the rest of us.

People get upset when I say things like that because they are being politically correct. Political correctness has gotten us all in the big jamb.

20. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    wow...it's been almost 5 years.

Yikes! I say let it be. The thread is there for posterity, like a fine museum piece. Opening it would be like doing touch ups on the Mona Lisa. ;)

21. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #46 TheMayor, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
    What BS.

If my 70 year old mother saw someone peeing on her car, she'd hit them with her handbag even if she found out later it was "a prank". Peeing on your property isn't necessarily destructive -- but it's insulting. That's its purpose, like spitting on it only worse. No one likes to be insulted this way.

A prank doesn't give you the right to make someone angry at you. A prank doesn't give you the right to make someone look foolish in a video.

The real idiots are the pranksters who need to grow up. If it's staged, then we were all punked.

Go pee on a Corvette and see if you get a different reaction.

22. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Bingo. The Ferrari owner over reacted which leads me to believe it's all scripted to be exaggerated. But i would have initially reacted the same way if i saw somebody peeing on my stuff (pushing him afar from the car).

23. Dano360NC

Dano360NC Karting

Aug 11, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    DrDon, your point is not made by breaking the law and providing the more envious segment of society the opportunity to be Ferrari haters.

24. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    DrDon,
    Seriously?
    My 27 yr old daughter is quadriplegic. Her head compressed her umbilical cord during labor and her heart stopped for 9 minutes. She can't walk, sit, feed herself or talk, but she understands and can comunicate with her eyes. She actually has a good sense of humor. We have a handicapped acessible van that needs the extra space for her ramp to go down. I have to say that over 27 years as a parent of a handicapped child I have come to learn that most people are very empathetic to handicapped people, especially kids. I have come across one or two that are the exception, and I think from your comment I can count you in that very small group. I doubt you could tolerate one hour of the agony and anguish she has to put up with every single day of her life for no fault of her own. I can say with confidence, you are a discredit to our shared hobby on this board.

25. awatkins

awatkins Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2005
    SFO Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Alan Watkins
    JohnB -- well said, thank you.

DrDon -- where exactly are some of the handicapped spots you like to park in?