Where are all the laferrari going? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Where are all the laferrari going?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by hutsutau, Mar 6, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    My guess, there will be more than 120 in the US.

2. avishar

avishar Karting

Jul 5, 2008
    bangalore,india
    Full Name:
    avishar dutta
    #27 avishar, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    Import duties sir,coupled with custom duties and some more tax.There is an official dealer in Delhi.They are thinking of opening one in Bombay.2 F12s heading to here at $1 million plus each( Both are Fchat members who are getting the car and one of them has put his year old 458 for sale for close to $700,000)

Porsche has showrooms all over the country and a lightly speced PDK Carrera S after paying road tax and evertthing is $350,000.And they are selling well.

I know pretty sad taxes.You guys are so lucky.:-(

3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    And in Dubai they will actualy be used. there is a great tradition of actualy using cars on the road at speed, people gow up with these skills, the road conditions allow for it, there is no shame in being wealthy and enjoying it, and those that can buy one of these cars usualy do so for fun as opposed to investment.

4. cmack

cmack Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Germany
    This number was also quoted in an Italian paper I read yesterday.
    There should be 50 cars coming to Germany. Switzerland may get
    a high allocation (maybe 20 cars?).

So the count for the moment is:
    US 120
    Germany 50
    GB 50-60 ??
    Italy 25
    Switzerland 20-25??
    Canada 11
    India 3
    Australia 7

So You have the allocation of about 300 cars in the main markets
    without China and Mideast. My guess is the Mideast may get
    some 30-40 cars (mainly UAE and Saudi Arabia). 5-10 cars for
    Scandinavia may also be a good bet.

25 cars to Italy btw is a lot compared to their total market
    share, which last year was less than 3 % of production, so they
    should have allocated only 15 cars there. The 10 cars they get more
    may have to do with home-market, Fiat and Ferrari family members
    and a reserve for some delayed coming VIP'S

5. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Wouldn't 120 cars or so also be a fair number to assign to Asia?

6. dennymeister

dennymeister Karting

Jan 30, 2013
    it was rumored 3 will come to the netherlands.
    at the time we had 5 enzo's in the netherlands.

7. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    Unfortunately, a large percentage of them initially will :(

8. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    That means each dealer "should" get a least one.

I remember when FoD had an Enzo. They had a special reception. The car was roped off so you couldn't touch it.

We have an Enzo owner in Aspen who used to drive it into town for coffee each morning. He parked it on the street and left the windows down. Have not seen it in a few years. The newness must have worn off or he sold it. Still see his Daytona spider once in a while though. I hope he gets an F70.

9. C360S

C360S Karting

Oct 9, 2011
    I am so jealous. In Singapore the F12 starts at $1.4 million.
    You guys are so lucky.

10. Ak3

Ak3 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2005
    Svezia
    That sounds high? Afaik there wasnt a single Enzo delivered in Norway, here in Sweden we had 1 sold new and 3 imported. Will be interesting to see the total number of cars here in Sweden/Norway :)

11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    50 for Germany? That is a lot.
    UK got around +/-20 Enzos initially so i would assume around 30 for the F150.

12. JokkVahl

JokkVahl Rookie

Mar 21, 2004
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Joachim Johansen
    One is now confirmed, two are rumored.
    We might not have any Enzos, but have several that have bought old Ferrari F1's and FXX's. Which I guess would sneak you on the criteria list.

13. Ak3

Ak3 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2005
    Svezia
    Sorry, forgot to edit my post. Yes i know there was 1 FXX and currently 2 599XXs in Norway.
    Looks like the guys here at the Swedish dealer have very good contacts at the factory. They sold a total of 4 599XXs (Norwegian cars are ordered via the Swedish dealers quota) and managed to get 2 Apertas for ex.

14. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
  15. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Avishar tell me something. If someone would like to import the new La Ferrari in India (thing not possible at least now) how much would it cost?

16. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Some going to Dubai, no question about it. The part about the super car showroom receiving it before anyone receives it through the main F dealership: That's a no as far as I'm concerned. I believe all will be delivered at the factory.

17. avishar

avishar Karting

Jul 5, 2008
    bangalore,india
    Full Name:
    avishar dutta
    #42 avishar, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    With all sort of duties and taxes you are looking at 220% of the original price.So its around $3 million,to keep it on the higher side.I really,really doubt any would come here,but its interesting because its an expanding market and 10-15 years down the line the market would get much bigger.Ferrari might like the idea of atleast one La Ferrari here because the marketing effect of that would be huge.

Koenigsegg had got the Agera for a demonstration to customers and Bugatti toured the country with a Veyron giving test drives to prospective customers.They sold none but a very successful publicity drive none the less.

Ferrari has sold around 20-22 $800,000-900,000 458s and a similiar number of $1m Avendators.

Mercedes set up shop here in 1996,and sold negligible numbers untill 2002-03.Then BMW stepped in and soon Audi after that and the market exploded.From nothing to 30,000 units in between them in a few years at a price point of $55,000 for a base 320i to $200,000 for a S350Cdi.

A Bentley FS is about $450,000 and if start ticking all the options on a Phantom you are looking at a million and there is a big market for them.In the past 5 years Bentley and Rolls have sold around 200 cars in between them.I know a person who is taking delivery of a lovely yellow 991 Carrera S in Calcutta next week at a final price of around $400,000.Gulp!

So the buying power is there,if the duties come down the market will expand faster.

18. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    I heard a long time and numerous Ferrari owner said that in order to be eligible to purchase one, you must now own five Ferrari's, one of which must be or have been a SuperCar.

19. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Incorrect based on what I have heard.

As for South Africa, luckily for Zack, most likely none will end up here due to the fact LHD cars cant be imported.

If they did they would cost an eye watering R25 million, a 458 spider is R4 million.

20. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    LaFerraris going to LaCollectors :cool:

21. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    That is one of the requirements. But not the only only. You must have purchased one or more new Ferraris in the past 2 or 3 years. (An FF helps a lot!). Also, being known as an enthusiast by your dealer is a plus (Not just buying and storing the car..).
    The one easy way was to own an XX or a F1 Corse Clienti.

22. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    One of the contractual stipulations Ferrari should bind the LFerrari owners to is to drive the cars with enough mileage to keep them healthy.

23. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    All correct. But also depends on where you are. HK extremely tough as there are many big boys with 20+ Ferraris, or buy every new model and keep a lot of them or XX or serious cars even to 250gto. Basic criteria not nearly enough

24. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    There will be many more than 120 in the US. The original slated US production for the Enzo was to be 70, there are over 125 US spec Enzos. Add in the extra units that will be produced after 499 and the number gets much larger.

25. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    One of the considerations for being allowed to buy one is that the owner attends events on a regular basis (whatever that should mean). I guess Ferrari wants to make sure these cars are seen in public.

Gr. Martin