A HUGE Thanks To LuckyDynes! | FerrariChat

A HUGE Thanks To LuckyDynes!

Discussion in '308/328' started by wazie7262, Oct 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Just wanted to give a HUGE thanks to my friend, Sean (LuckyDynes). I had been having an odd squealing noise from my engine bay and he helped me to diagnose it as an AC clutch bearing; simple fix...remove AC belt! BUT...the BIG help was his fixing my aftermarket front sway bar link. It had actually snapped due to an improper install and it took some work to make it right...a bit of grinding, and Sean's amazing acumen. All is well now; in fact, better than ever, so, again, just wanted to say THANKS SEAN!! I feel lucky to have you as a friend, and so close by!! As an aside...Sean took me for a ride in his ITB car last week...Mecy...that engine! :-O

2. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Sean is the man. You'd be hard-pressed finding anyone who knows 308s better.

3. veloce33

veloce33 Karting

Feb 4, 2009
    Vandalia, OH
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hobbs
    What type ITB car? I have a ITC Fiat X1/9.

4. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    And that's coming from a man who knows just a wee bit about them ;-)

Hi John :) :) Wish you were closer, too; it'd be a party!

5. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'll let Sean chime in here, but perhaps the coolest thing is that he built his own dry sump!

6. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!

I'm not sure how much Sean is around lately so I'll chime in. Sean built a 308 2v engine with high compression and the early US spec 'hot' cams but rather than using carbs or any stock injection arrangement, he use Suzuki Hyabusa throttle bodies and fabricated a manifold to mount them. He's running the injection from a Haltech ECU if I remember right and it has quite a sound so I am told.

7. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sean can pretty much do anything to a 308, with today gas prices on the rise, I wouldn't be surprise if he convert one to a Hybrid.:D

8. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I believe this is correct ;-)

9. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    +1 and I can vouch for that because I personally drove his car, and yes it is fast and with all the upgraded suspension he did, it handles like gokart. Thanks for letting me drive your car Sean.:)