FoNE management | FerrariChat

FoNE management

Discussion in 'New England' started by Full-blooded, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We apologize, our new Classifieds has been intermittently down as we sent an email today that overloaded the system. We'll get it fixed and then you can link from the header "Buy - Sell" or from the email. Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Full-blooded

Full-blooded Rookie

Nov 13, 2007
    Maine
    Is Dennis Dotolo still running the Norwood dealership?

2. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    No. There is a new guy, Dennis moved to another Boch dealership. Dave Sigler is the new guy. Mark Mina is in charge of Sales. I believe they are planning to do some events in the near future, I'll let them chime in as they feel appropriate.

3. RDG

RDG Rookie

May 14, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Dan is correct. We have had some exciting new changes at FNE.

Dennis has accepted a position as the service manager of the new Boch Honda dealership opening in Westford. Tom Rizzitano (GSM) moved back to Boch Toyota as a GSM. That dealership did quite well under his previous management, and requested his expertise once again.

David Sigler is our new GM. He has extensive experience in the exotic car business, and a great reputation throughout the country. Dave has brought (and will continue to bring) a ton of exciting, fresh inventory to FNE. In addition to top notch Ferraris and Maseratis, we have added some great examples from Aston Martin, Porsche (GT3), Audi (R8 Spyder), Rolls Royce, Bentley, & Lotus. Our network allows us to locate any luxury vehicle that you may desire...worldwide.

Mark Mina has been promoted to Sales Manager (well deserved!). He handles much of the logistics for FNE (new car ordering, etc).

We are, and will continue to be, THE premier exotic car dealership in New England. Look for a much improved website and a Grand Re-Opening event soon.

4. RVL Saratoga

RVL Saratoga Formula 3

Aug 27, 2010
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Congrats to Mark! He's a class act; made my purchase experience a complete pleasure. I look forward to doing more business with FNE.

5. CustomFerrari

CustomFerrari Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Casey B.
    When do we get to come see? :p

6. RDG

RDG Rookie

May 14, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Anytime that you like...our doors are open!

7. 06Spider

06Spider Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2010
    Red Sox Nation
    The mix of new with David and the old (not by age) with Mark has worked out well. Michael Shaloub is still in service and most of the sales team is there. I spent two hours there last Saturday. It's like an indoor exotic car show. I keep drooling on the Aston DBS.

8. Full-blooded

Full-blooded Rookie

Nov 13, 2007
    Maine
    Is Autosport the new name of the Ferrari dealership? Is it still owned by Boch? Is it a certified Ferrari dealership or a exotic used car store?

9. RDG

RDG Rookie

May 14, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Rich
    We are still a certified Ferrari and Maserati dealership...that has not changed.

Autosport of New England refers to our pre-owned exotic inventory...similar to 'The Experience', etc. Our advertisements in the Dupont Registry will reflect both the Ferrari specific format, as well as a beautiful design featuring other exotic models offered under the Autosport of NE moniker.

We will consistently have a great selection of exotic makes, in addition to our Ferrari and Maserati inventory.

It may be a good idea to stop in and visit us. I am sure that Dave will be happy to answer any further concerns that you may have.

10. rsvmille676

rsvmille676 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    G-town
    Full Name:
    Scott Major
    Congrats to Mark! You definitely deserve it my friend. Let us know when we can expect some get togethers at the dealership.

Sad to see that Tom has moved on as he is a great guy too. Best of luck to everyone else in their new postions or rolls with other franchises.

That being said, can we expect the new ownership to start getting more involved with track days or dare I say it a concourse some where?

11. LeslieFNE

LeslieFNE Rookie

Aug 25, 2008
    Norwood, MA
    Full Name:
    Leslie Stormes
    To clarify the store has new management, the ownership has not changed. Our first car show is scheduled for May 7th and we hope to see you all there.

Also we have been involved with track events, last year we were at Monticello, Lime Rock and Watkin's Glen with the Ferrari Club. We have done Monticello for the past 2 years and we are looking into doing it again.

We were also at the Hartford Concourse last year as well as the Newport Concours. We plan to keep going with different events and continuing last year's goal in being involved not just in Massachusetts, but in CT, VT, ME, and RI too.

For those of you on our email list keep an eye out, we have a few evening social events in the works.

12. GregTe

GregTe Formula Junior

May 3, 2004
    Maine
    I met Dennis more than once on various exotic car runs and he had repeatedly invited me to swing by the dealship when I'm in the area,I stopped by today. I AM a buyer for a 360 spider. I spent 10 minutes checking out the cars outside and inside the showroom but no one could be bothered to ask me if I needed any help. It looked like there were a bunch of people walking around, busy doing nothing. It leaves me with a bad taste of the dealership. Maybe it was because I was in my wifes mini van? Shouldn't judge a book by its cover...

13. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Shouldn't judge a book by its cover...
    I agree, however, if you are / were truly interested, why wouldn't you go inside and initiate a conversation?
    I bought my car there and found the sales and service team members to be excellent.
    Maybe they were busy, maybe not. Who knows for sure.
    One thing is for sure, if you take a moment to go inside and start a conversation, you will find that they are a class act.

Honestly, I prefer this approach to being jumped on as soon as I get out of my car.

- Ron

14. IanC

IanC Rookie

Sep 17, 2004
    Massachusetts
    I purchased my car from Mark and the few times I've been in for service I've found every employee exceptionally friendly. I think most people make appointments so I expect they take a low pressure approach so you don't feel uncomfortable if you're a visitor just looking. Wander in and speak with their receptionist and you should have no problem finding someone to help you.

- Ian

15. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    I actually agree with Ron and Ian. Keep in mind they probably get a TON of tire kickers there. If they had a conversation with every person that came through the door just looking they wouldn't get anything done. Also being in retail sales myself there seems to be a general misconception that if there are no customers on the floor, there is nothing for the employees to do. Although I also understand your frustration about not being properly greeted my own personal experience helps me understand why they might not stop and talk to everybody. Like the others said, try striking up conversation on your own. Good luck with you 360 search! Great car!

16. GregTe

GregTe Formula Junior

May 3, 2004
    Maine
    Don't want to turn this into a he said she said thread but I feel I need to elaborate. I pulled in and immediately noticed a TDF Blue/Tan 360 spider out front...just what I'm looking for. I got out of my car, looked over the car very carefully, on my knees looking under it, etc. I then went inside, walked up and down the whole showroom checking out the various cars there. I saw a few people sitting in their offices look out at me, nobody got up to greet me. There was no receptionist at the table. I went back out to look over the Spider again, I then decided to go back in and ask how much they were asking. I walk in the front door and see 3 salesmen talking, one starts walking towards me so I ask him how much they were asking , he says 120k... and almost immediately starts saying "oh I'm sure you can find one for 80 or 90 but it won't be serviced" and he continues to walk out and get in a car. He didn't say I have to go but will get someone else to help you, just the total brush off. What makes it even worse is I checked out the website when I got home and they were asking 109900. I am glad business is so good for them! Don't worry I'll find another one, there are plenty for sale. I wonder if I had showed up in my Lambo or Ferrari I would have got the same brush off...

17. abarthracer

abarthracer Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    I don't want to "poke the bear" but it seems that if you walked into a "particular" Toyota dealership you may get more attention! The whole process seems to have lost a lot of it's appeal and character from when it was in the old location. Maybe looking back as to how things were might help. Again, not looking to fan the flames.

18. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    I'll chime in by saying that Greg's is the 4th negative customer experience there I've personally heard of since the new management was installed. How many others are there? Word gets around pretty quick in the exotic car community.

19. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    How can it be so hard to just put a sticker price on a used Ferrari?? How about adding the element of truth and being upfront when selling cars, the most maligned sales industry on earth?

Any walkin who asks for a price deserves some attention. If its a tirekicker just asking for conversation sake, then yeah, he's wasting their time, but still, staff needs to be respectful as the tirekicker can always have a rich relative who might become a customer...

And since when is a serviced Fcar premium worth an added 40k?

Best way to avoid the silly games is to have a contact person before you go in. No one likes the assault you typically get as walkins get handed off to staff. Best move is to deal with the veterans, the newbies often don't last. For a six figure purchase, you deserve a veteran. They still have to do the back and forth haggle with the GM, but it might be done tastefully..

In his economy there has to be some serious room on a used 360. Look up Mark Mina, known him for 10 years and he's a straight shooter 100%.

20. RDG

RDG Rookie

May 14, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Rich
    We do take any sort of negative experience very seriously. On behalf of the entire staff here at FNE, I sincerely apologize for any confusion or implied apathy.

There is no correlation between the "new management" and these few issues that people have been posting. I understand that people may be unsure or nervous about the changes, but I encourage any clients to visit us or call your sales associate to voice your issues. We are here for you...period. The sales team (Tom, Adam, Lenny & Rich) are here to assist current and potential clients. Mark Mina is the new GSM, and will be happy to assist anyone (we all know how much Mark loves to talk...lol). Posting in a chat room accomplishes little to no resolution whatsoever.

I hope that we all can understand the difficulties in the sales process, not withstanding the fact that we are a museum 95% of the time. No excuses implied at all, but as much as we value a client's precious time & hard earned money, a potential client must show relatively similar appreciation and respect to the exotic car salesman. I value the relationships that I have with my clients. If it was simply about a "sale" and the "numbers", we would all work at a much higher volume dealership, with a much less exciting product.

For clarification...what you drive to our dealership has NO bearing on the treatment you receive here. I have taken in a Rav4 trade on a new 599 sale in the past. In fact, we find that most clients have a "work or daily driver" that in no way reflects their ability to make a significantly expensive purchase.

Funny story that has been a guiding principle in my sale carer:

My father used to tell me a story when I was younger. He detailed a time when he was ready to pull the trigger on a 328. He walked into the dealer with a check in his pocket. He ran a body shop for many years, and went there straight from work...which involved him being in the shop often times...thus, a bit "raggy". The sales associates showed him no attention, and went so far as to walk away from him. He consequently bought another 328 elsewhere. True story...he still have the car!

FerrariChat has been a great tool for universal communication with & from our clients and potential clients. This forum should be a place where the loyal Tifoso can come together, united by our universal love for all things Ferrari. We respect your feedback, and hope that you can appreciate and forgive slight misunderstandings. We love the New England exotic car scene, and are honored to offer you the best examples from around the world!