'04 360 Challenge Stradale (rebuilt title)....what to pay? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

'04 360 Challenge Stradale (rebuilt title)....what to pay?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Meeyatch1, Jan 2, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kevin2772

Kevin2772 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Not the same game.

2. anxpert

anxpert Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Oceanside, CA
    Full Name:
    Enrique Mar
    Considering the RM 360 CS as I can use it for a work related project and a very tempting urge to swap all the CS parts to my Spider. I am on the fence regarding Flying to Arizona or bidding via RM's online services. Some of us feel that at 50K it makes sense .... is anyone else considering this CS ?

3. Poli

Poli Rookie

Sep 16, 2010
    Buenos Aires, Arg
    I am interested. if somebody inspect the car please let me now by PM or by posting in the forum.
    thanks!
    best

4. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    What's the buyers premium at RM?

If you got it at $50K, what do they add on top?

At Christies it's 25%.

5. THL

THL Karting

Jun 11, 2009
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Thomas Harvej Larsen
    #30 THL, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011

BUYERS PREMIUM:
    Automobiles – 10% commission will be added to the final bid of each automotive lot purchased.
    All Other Lots – 15% commission will be added to the final bid of each lot purchased.

6. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I predict that even with the history, the car will sell for 85k plus premium.

7. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yeah, I don't think it'll go for $50K either.

8. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    The RM site seems to suck, as it will not give any results for the auction so far. Does anyone know how to access the current results?

Thank you.

9. jmn

jmn Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    jmn
    #34 jmn, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
    Looks like it went for 80k (plus 10%??), based on the last few entries on the CS Market thread. For car with a salvage title and the other problems, seems like all the money and then some.

10. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino

it was actually $88K. I inspected that car for a client and it was rough at best. Parts missing. Incorrect parts. CEL, which after I read the code (misfire), showed the coil pack to be off and had melted due to sitting on the exhaust. Body panel fit was 'off' everywhere. And that is just what I could see! Who knows what lurks underneath.

I would have paid $60 and broken it up for parts, but that's about it. Someone was plied with alcohol to pay $88K for that car.

11. mousemaster

mousemaster Rookie

May 23, 2009
    USA
    #36 mousemaster, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
    Any idea what that joke finally sold for?

Regarding the salvage title CS; That car is never going to be easy to sell. Why bother with it? Get a regular 360 and add the CS parts you need. You will still be way ahead of the 88K for that wreck.

12. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    Yes I bought the joke...though after a couple hours of track time today, it would appear the joke isn't on me, especially considering the price... Btw, why would anyone want to take a perfectly fine 360 and stick CS parts on it? Just look for the properly optioned 360 - CS parts are stupid money, there is no way you can be ahead in the end and resale will still be normal 360 money

13. amslb182

amslb182 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2004
    Ct
    Full Name:
    Andrew LeGrant
    Congrats Jagbuff, hope you enjoy it.

14. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yes, congrats. Drive it like you stole it!

15. anxpert

anxpert Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Oceanside, CA
    Full Name:
    Enrique Mar
    Jagbuff and myself will take the " joke " and " wreck " and drive the heck out of them not really worried about re-sale projections, who knows we may even exchange body panels, being that I'm mexican the color scheme works for me !

16. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    ..resale projection? Never bought a car with that in mind - I love driving car and working on them, allows me to get to know it. Congrats on your buy Anxpert, it's good to give orphans a home!

17. anxpert

anxpert Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Oceanside, CA
    Full Name:
    Enrique Mar
    Agree 100%

18. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    How the heck did a salvaged 360 Challenge Stradale with current issues sell for $88k plus commissions? That boggles my mind.

19. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    88K included commissions on both sides, which means the seller netted low 70's. Which is about what it is worth. Seller did fine.

20. anxpert

anxpert Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Oceanside, CA
    Full Name:
    Enrique Mar
    Ultimately as consumers we, on occasions, find ourselves in the need of a service provider, in this case RM Auctions. In my case, having purchased the aforementioned CS it became a simple process of supply and demand. While I would have preferred paying less for the car, there is obviously very few CSs' under 90K, which happened to be my limit. This CS will never see the street again, but should help other CS owners looking to sell their CSs' . If a storied , salvaged, CS sold for 88K, a clean CS should do better. For my specific use and timeline, the only other alternative would have been a CS for 115K. After utilizing this CS's parts on my 360 Spider, utilizing the shell / body for our simulator project and selling the residual components from the Spider I will have the benefit of converting my 360 Spider to a " realistic " CS Spider for about 10K. It becomes a function of subjective Vs. objective.

21. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    That promises to be a very interesting project, please take pics... so you will have the only 360 Spider CS... kinda M16 360 style, very cool!

22. anxpert

anxpert Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Oceanside, CA
    Full Name:
    Enrique Mar
    Thinking of setting up 2 time lapse cameras as we work on both cars. There will be lot's of pictures and notes. The CS arrives tomorrow afternoon.

23. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    Good for you, have fun!

24. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Wait a second. You bought this black/black CS last week simply to dismantle it? Wow. That is epic.

I would love to hear more about your simulator project too.

25. anxpert

anxpert Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Oceanside, CA
    Full Name:
    Enrique Mar
    My company has been involved in design, development and manufacturing of various simulators ( auto, bus, truck ).
    My experience in building simulators, interest in motor sports and enthusiasm for cars in general made sense to move forward with a project that has the potential of being economically viable & market appeal.

Enter the " storied " 360 CS from RM ( now mine ), allowing me the opportunity to:

1) Experience a 360 CS
    2) Use as a guideline for our future Simulator Build
    3) Create a full size virtual version of a 360 CS
    4) Convert my 360 Spider to " as close " as possible CS specifications

After just one day of driving the CS around town, I can now understand the appeal these cars have to their respective owners. So .... circumstances just happen to work out where I can justify the purchase of the " Storied CS " for a business related project and create a new " Story " for my 360 Spider.

I've included a link to an F-1 motion based cockpit built completely in house, try viewing the video with sound on and sound off. http://youtu.be/KmhkqKfsUI8?hd=1