Importing the F360 Challenge Race Car | FerrariChat

Importing the F360 Challenge Race Car

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by cobmw, Nov 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cobmw

cobmw Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 22, 2006
    Rocky Mountain area
    Looking for an F360 Challenge race car. The best selection appears to be in Europe. Can these be imported to be used for track use only?

2. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

No problem. Check with a broker/importer for all the details.
    Items needed, may not be a complete list:
    - Letter from US DOT/NHTSA stating the car is for racing only and can't be titled for road use. It'll note the car and VIN. With this letter the car can enter under Box 8 on the HS-7 DOT Declaration Form. A copy of the importer's substantiating statement and (this DOT letter) should be attached to the completed HS-7 Deceleration Form and submitted to the Bureau of Customs and Border Patrol.
    - Letter from Ferrari NA certifying the car, with model and VIN, is for racing on closed-course competitions only.
    - Complete buyer info. Name, address, etc. Maybe even Bill of Sale to buyer.
    - Limited POA for the importer from the buyer??
    - Import duties.

3. cobmw

cobmw Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 22, 2006
    Rocky Mountain area
    Just what I need to know. Looks like it might be worth paying someone who has done this before to handle the paperwork. But now I know that it can be done.

4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Dave Helms "scuderia Ramparte" is in boulder. He can give you tips on how to do it and he can keep it running for you. He used to race too so he will understand your challenges. Are you going to trackday this car? Where will you race it? 360C is eligible for SCCA T1 racing and is about as competative as a vette C5Z in that class.

5. cobmw

cobmw Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 22, 2006
    Rocky Mountain area
    Funny you should mention Dave Helms. I've been talking with him about the choice of car. We will use the F360 for track practice with no immediate plans to race it. But that could change later on.

We are building a BMW car for racing, but it's taking so long that I decided to get something now so we could get out on the track. I've asked a couple of the brokers who frequent this board to keep an eye open for the F360. If nothing shows up soon then I'll get something from Europe.

6. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    There is a yellow one in unknown condition at autogallery in woodland hills cali. They want too much for it have had it for sale over a year. Why not buy a cheap E36 bmw racer to practice on while you wait for the dream bmw? An E36 will be much easier to sell later to get you down to one racecar.

7. INGO u-a

INGO u-a Karting

Jan 1, 2005
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Ingo
    A short translation:

Year: 2001
    Prise: 750.000 skr = $107 254
    Mile: aprox 3 728

Track car - Not street legal
    Suitable for club racing, long distance race, ferrari scandinavia challenge or similar.
    400 bhp and F1 gaerbox.
    Original according to factory spec.
    Second place 2009 in trofeo 360 race.

Email your telefon no. and I'll get back to you.
    We can alos help you run the car in 2010 Ferrari challenge.

Direct link to ad: http://www.blocket.se/orebro/Ferrari_360_Challenge_24148660.htm?ca=10&w=3