Brazilian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS*** | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Brazilian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrarista3, Oct 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #351 tifosi12, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
    For all the reasons you cite to me this was one of the best years in F1 I've seen since I started following the sport 30+ years ago.

I can't wait to get the FIA's official year-end review DVD. This is going to be epic stuff when all the fluff has been filtered out.

PS: You forgot to mention the whole FIA/FOTA war that almost tore the sport apart. And the Hitler comments from Bernie and...

2. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    I have to watch the race again. I think I'm programmed to automatically tune "them" out.

3. Mlody

Mlody Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Poland
    Full Name:
    David
    Congrats to Jenson!
    Kubica did great too... hopefully he's going to get a better car next year.
    Kamui Kobayashi was driving surprisingly good, except that "incident" with Nakajima.
    Too bad that Barrichello had a puncture...

Great race!

4. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    To me it was the most interesting season in ages. Completely unpredictable with numerous teams and drivers winning races. Exactly as racing should be, IMO.

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I never cared for Japanese drivers either. They all sucked and were in there because of some Japanese engine deal. Which is probably what brought this guy into the Toyota. The difference is: This guy can drive. Like a bat out of hell.

Funny how things go in cycles: I thought the same thing when I watched Button appear on the scene and was sure to see the next WDC. Then nothing happened for many years and I started to doubt my estimate. Now that he finally made good on his destiny, a new star is born. I'm not saying Kobayashi is the next WDC, but I'm pretty sure he'll become the most successful F1 driver from Japan.

6. C'one

C'one Karting

Sep 27, 2004
    France
    Great season,great race,delighted for Button,long overdue!
    The next seasons look great too ,lots of talented "up and comers" with a hungry look in their eyes!

7. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    #357 AlexO91, Oct 18, 2009
    LOL yeah, even Eddie joining in.

Congrats to Jenson, feel sorry for Rubens he has the worst luck at Sao Paulo.

P.S. Jenson drove his best race in AGES IMO.

8. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes I said it at the time the guy has a wow factor, he was not in the least intimidated when he was being hounded by the other guys, as long as he doesn't turn into a Sato missile.

+1

9. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I thought he looked pretty good to actually. Jenson didn't seem to impressed complaining about him moving about in the braking zones or something. It seems all Japanese drivers are abit unpredictable at the wheel.

I hope he does stay at Toyota, him sure he'll get better and then Heikki can go to Renault and Kimi can go to Mclaren :D.

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Unpredictable yes... but just too many negative or disappointing stories during the year ruined it for me.

But, I'm happy I'm apparently in the miniority.

11. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    I agree with you. Too much off track stupidity; too much ontrack boredom....

12. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    #362 aquapuss, Oct 18, 2009
    Well, let's see. Kimi had a loser car and a loser team manager from the get-go, a lousy season overall, and got fired. I guess I agree with the disappointing part. But since Kimi isn't leaving as a pauper, I will still selfishly enjoy the true racing aspect of the season, including the teams' ability to interpret the rules and implement them. Oh, and Vettel rocks, too!

At least in my beloved America, being in a minority seems to actually be an advantage. ;-)

13. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    Great drive by Koybayashi, 10th place.

Guess who came in 11th? Fisi.

14. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Just watching replays of this race and it was simply awesome IMO

Ok from a Ferrari point of view not so good Kimi bashed his front wing off then gets nearly toasted in the pit lane, was a awesome sight tho.

Brawn GP pit crew helping HK out removing his fuel hose.

Trulli and Sutil getting there hand bags out off track, Trulli totally out of order tho, his mistake.
    Fantastic overtaking by Button and a rookie driver playing hard ball with the big guns.

Webber driving a flawless race.
    It had the lot this race excellent, just a shame about Rubens bad luck.

Although Lewis played his part JB owes him one.

It was worse last year thanks to the FIA meddling, funny this one didn't go to script for Bernie's down to the wire last race.

The season was pretty bad from a Ferrari point of view, but on the whole from a racing point of view pretty damn good IMO.

15. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    :confused:

16. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Redeemed only by stellar insights offered here on F-Chat:)

17. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Congrats to Jenson Villeneuve.

Kobayashi proved himself to be brave at least (like Sato). He'll probably have a good future in F1 if he gets on a decent team. Hopefully he doesn't demonstrate Sato's bad habits too often.

This was probably the last chance for Rubens to be in the position to get the WDC or win Brazil, which is too bad.

Impressive drive by Hamilton.

Not so impressive at times by Kimi, certainly not Fisi. This is a year of struggle for Ferrari, but in the end, it could have been far, far worse. Hopefully they've been concentrating on 2010 as Kimi said.

One hell of a first lap!

18. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Abu Dhabi, the least watched GP in the modern era?

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    pretty exciting race:).

Button, Vettel and Hamilton (minus his barichello tire slicing) all drove brilliant. Kobayashi seriously impressed me, much more than he did at GP2. Really hope to see him more often!

+1 on the Brawn team helping out Mclaren removing the fuel hose, something you normally don't expect in 2 rivaling teams.

Webber drove fantastic, I love his driving style... Yes he pushed my beloved Kimi off the track a little and Kimi lost his (great) chance of a podium there and then but hey, that's racing! Any proper driver would have done the same.

I think Kimi drove a great race also, could have grabbed more points if it wasn't for the Webber incident. Driving through fuel and set half the pitlane on fire was proper cool:D.

Was a bit disappointed with Barrichello in the second stint, no idea what happened. He did call in 'what the hell happened to the car' but I don't know if it was a problem or not.

Kubica drove a quite but brilliant race. Hope for him the renault is good next year!

All in all, congrats to button on winning the WDC and Brawn on winning the WCC. Still wished it would have gone to Barrichello BUT Button is a cool chap and he drove like a WDC today.

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure the sights of it will be spectacular. It is all man made. I googled the site with the satellite images and all you see is dirt and construction site (when Google mapped it). An amazing job they pulled off there by artificially creating the entire marina. And racing right through the lobby of a hotel, what could be cooler than that? Maybe having a F1 theme park on hand?

This will not be the boredom that Bahrain is. Neither lookswise nor racing wise.

21. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    If JB drove this well all the time, I'd have no problem seeing him as a true champion. But it's the exception rather than the rule. :eek:

Next year, he won't have the giant head start that he did this year. He'll have a great opportunity to demonstrate his true talent then.

22. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Who other than we the devoted will watch though?
    Who period will travel to it?

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Do I care who else watches it?

I will at some point. If for no other reason than the F1 theme park.

I did a little checking and apparently they serve booze in restaurants and women can wear Western style clothing. So no real reason not to go there. In fact they have one of the lowest crime rates, so it should be actually fairly safe.

24. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    My question is about this year's now meaningless race.
    Are you admitting that women and booze effect your choices?
    I thought you were a purist when it came to f1. ;)

25. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    #375 aquapuss, Oct 18, 2009
    Kimi said he was momentarily blinded by the Kovalainen incident and got gasoline in his eyes that caused a painful burning sensation during the rest of the race. He was apparently pretty f...ed up, according to MTV3.