church of the holy donut article | FerrariChat

church of the holy donut article

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by kvisser, Apr 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    I was contacted by Fred Lewis of the Montgomery Gazette. He was working on an article about the demise of the Holy Donut. I was able to supply him with some quotes, pictures and contacts of other faithful.

The article states the inevitable, we will be moving. Conventional thinking has us going to the commuter lot on the other side of the street, behind Starbucks. The cops have stated that they would have no problem with us moving over there. We don't want to ask metro permission. As one fellow stated, "Ask for forgiveness, don't ask for permission."

So once the construction starts, we'll make the move across the street and see where it goes. I guess we're looking at scones instead of donuts....

http://www.gazette.net/stories/040908/burtnew213600_32359.shtml

regards

ken

2. owsi

owsi Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Matt
    What about the park and ride that is on 216 across from Maple Lawn? One exit up 29 it is close enough that it would be easy to get people to switch and there are a lot less bumps than there are in the lot behind the Giant. On the other hand there are some issues that I know of:

1. Folks would have to cross 216 to get coffee and the like.
    2. I believe the lot gets overflow from the two churches that are right there. I am not sure how much of the lot they take up, but if they can use it, then we should be able to use it for our "worship."

Anyway, I figured I would mention it, even though I'm guessing there is some reason it doesn't work. Of course, with construction the way it is right now, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the donut at its current location lasts another full season.

3. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    We're open to any discussion/possibilites. I'll mention your suggestion to the committee. They want to keep it close to Burtonsville.

I agree with the construction comment. It might take a while to get things started. I guess part of the question will be answered when the Amish move out.

cheers

ken

4. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    what about white oak shopping center? they have a huge lot.

5. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    hmmm... that could work.