4 Seat Daily Driver, Under $150K... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

4 Seat Daily Driver, Under $150K...

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Simon^2, Jan 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    It's too bad though, because the choices for a car under $150,000 are so limited. You can't find much worthwhile under $220,000.

2. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    Bentley Flying Spur - It will be a lot better than the Conti. GT because you will have access to the rear seats much easier than a coupe. Makes for smoother hauls with kids or passengers.
    MB S/CL 600 or slightly used S65 (or is it S63?)/ CL63 AMG - Although I hate the high end Benzes because their values plummet faster than a 24ton rock, which makes slightly used example a great buy!

Bottom line, if you want a car with 4 seats and intend to use those 4 seats, get a proper sedan. Don't get a 2+2 Coupe.

3. CApg4

CApg4 Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    California
    Full Name:
    Curtis
    I say a RS6, im not sure what the price is but i think a 2008 maserati quattroporte sport GT would just be a perfect car. In my opinion dont get the Granturismo i think the future looks bad for this car.

4. 599_GTB

599_GTB Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    Full Name:
    Josef
    ContiGT

What is with a 05-06 Anarge?

5. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    you really can't go wrong with an m5. it's well under your spending limit (extra 50k could buy you a nice vacation to get away from your kids). Think about it, incredible power and handlng with everyday driver civility, and they're also pretty stealthy (in a non-flashy color) so you will avoid tickets. Merc's are also great but they're not nearly as fun to drive as the BMWs.

6. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I'm one of those guys that hates to be away from my wife and kids. I can't imagine going away without any of them. But point take of 50K to spend other places...

I'm just not in love with the M5's... I prefer the s550's. I think it's because I have a fast car already, and am looking for more lux. IDK what I want to do. If I had to decide today I'd take the Bentley Cont GT...

7. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The Bentley Cont GT is going to be a PITA if you are dealing with child car seats. I have a business partner that bought one and sold it a few months later because it was back breaking to deal with. Ended up getting a Maser QP.

If you arent into the Maser I think your idea of the MB S550 is your best bet.

Good luck with your purchase !

8. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Yup. Andrew is 22 months and 1 on the way (fully spec'd, production underway, delivery confirmed for 5/19...;))...

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Can't believe I forgot about the QP. Looks very nice in blue with tan interior. How's the reliability of those?

10. jordanair45

jordanair45 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    http://www.maserati.com/jsp/introSottosezioneCustom.jsp?category=%2Fmaserati%2Fcars%2Fquattroporte&menuKey=m50&BV_SessionID=@@@@1415693042.1199692973@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdaddmmjglfmhcefeceegdgimdfml.0

The Conti GT is a steal, but forget about putting car seats in it. A QP or S class will do just fine. Something comfortable and maneuverable is what you want to get her.

IMO, the S-class is the best you can buy out there, and is has been for years.

On a side note, I wish I had a budget like yours! I'm trying to find the best car for under 10K!

11. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Probably a Honda or Toyota in that price range.
    We had a Honda CRV for years. Good car, for the money.

12. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Don't they make a four door bently based very closely to the coupe thats pretty cool too.

One of my neighbors has one and its sharp too.

13. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Don't even think about trying to stuff a car seat into a 2 door car. Trust me it's a nightmare. You obviously like drivers cars so it's the M5, nuff said.

14. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    No brainer- slightly used bentley flying spur, just open the door and sit in one. Best sedan for the money.

15. NYC123

NYC123 Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2006
    If you can find the new Maserati QP GTS is a big improvement over the GT. I bought one on SAT and have an s8 as well, so after a little seat time will post a comparison

16. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    He said "high end".

17. Abarth

Abarth Karting

Nov 18, 2007
    Sweden
    I got that, ”not exclusive enough”.
    The Lexus obviously wasn’t in the right class either.
    On the other hand, it’s a “luxury” Toyota.
    And where’s the level to determine if it’s “high end”?

18. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    About 15 miles down the road from "Chrysler C300".

Look at the cars he mentioned. Did Chrysler really flash before your eyes? Fake grills and cheap plastic never looked so good.