September 2004 FerrariChat.com Newsletter now online... | FerrariChat

September 2004 FerrariChat.com Newsletter now online...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Sep 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Please give me feedback on the newsletter... what's good, what's bad, what can be added?

Thanks.

3. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Its quite comprehensive... Maybe a little too much. Honestly, I'm not too interested in the pretty bar graphs and charts. I've been printing these things out since you've sent them out (yes, from day one!), but with the current ones reaching 9 pages and more, I don't print everything out.

I read the monthly note by you, the Top Ten posters and that's pretty much it. Although I occasionally read the posts/threads of the month and a few of these "Users of the month" features.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Thanks Peter for the feedback. Sorry I didn't get to meet you in Monterey, I believe you were at least at CI, right?

Can anyone think of anything that would be a good addition?

5. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Yes. I would've liked to have gone to the dinner, but I had to make my way back up to Canada. I had a great time nonetheless, but I found this event to be too big. Never got to see it all.

6. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    I agree with Peter, the bar graphs are a little much.

I only look at the top 20 to see if Zupra has made it there yet, not that he should see that as a goal to strive for. I still believe in quality over quantity.

All the technical stuff (bar graphs, lists of top users, article instructions) should be linked from the newsletter like the clutch replacement piece.

Notes from Rob are good. I suspect that they will not be as long next month as the Monterey stuff took up much of that space.

User of the Month is good. It would be nice to find a non-owner to be a subject. Carbon is overexposed as is, so it would have to be someone else. Maybe Tim (N88) or Jordan.

Posts of the Month are usually good.

The sponsors are not positioned well in the newsletter. Maybe you could place them between news pieces. I think that they would appreciate that also.

7. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    hey a little OT but i was just lookin at the latest Forza and saw a Ferrarichat ad, how long have you been puttin those in there Rob?

8. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Completely agree. Most of us I bet just skim over (not read) the graphs and stats. I am sure there are some that do, but is it necessary?

I also like the non owner member profile idea. :)

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I actually like skimming the stats, but maybe put them at the end so ppl can choose not to print them.

10. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i find the newsletters interesting. i skim them. the stats are excessive - just top-line it for us.

question: why do you do a newsletter in a newsletter format? why isn't it just another post on the board? if it were just another post on the board inline, people would discuss it and ask questions and whatnot - but by keeping it separated you sort of break the chain of forum behavior.

you're only getting feedback on this one 'cuz you asked for it (my guess). but if it was just a post that was sticky for 5-10 days at the beginning of each month i think you might get feedback every month.

my two lira.

doody.

11. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I dont mind that one growth chart but all the others take up alot of room, all the other parts of the newsletter are fine

my 1,243,243,534 yien.=.02 cents

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Jordan has been nomiated, but hasn't sent me his stuff yet. I need to remind him.

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    3-4 years.

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Not sure if I want feedback every month. :) I kinda just like a place to throw stuff out there to members. Not much to discus on stats and the sponsors stuff anyway.

I think some enjoy the stats, maybe I can create a link within the page at the top table of contents so you can skip stuff. Although I think most will just scroll through quickly.

15. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I really like reading User of the month. Judge4re story was very interesting to read. :) Monthly Articles, Posts of the month and the top 20 are good.

16. Zupra

Zupra F1 Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    St Louis
    Full Name:
    Chesney

I really, really don't get that quality over quantity stuff.

Otherwise I love it. I read everything, and I dont skim over anything.

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    We know.

18. Zupra

Zupra F1 Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    St Louis