ReMapping F12 ECU | FerrariChat

ReMapping F12 ECU

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by 4RE F12, Sep 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4RE F12

4RE F12 Karting

Apr 19, 2016
    B.C., Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew W.
    Anyone remapped the ECU in their F12?
    If so, which software manufacturer and what were the increases in torque and rwhp?
    Any detractors?

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  2. f12tm

f12tm Karting

Nov 26, 2014
    North Carolina
    You should talk to Steve Mason at MASE Engineering in Jacksonville Fl.... I know he has tweaked an F12 ECU unit and got over 600+ RWHP and somewhere in the 770 HP at the crank... I have driven the car and the response is just awesome ....

3. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    We offer a remap I have personally done on a handful of F12's. Power band is night and day difference - with gains of 90whp in the powerband and about 55-60wtq. Our flash paired with our Sport Exhaust system makes 640+whp.
    Shoot me a message/call if you have any questions, would love to help or shine some light anyway I can!

http://www.fabspeed.com/ferrari-f12-berlinetta-fabspeed-ecu-tune

4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    No offense, just naturally curious about these tunes, but how can the modification support "keeping the operating parameters safely within the confines of reliability and longevity" with such a small sample size? Is there really any way to know the designers defined reliability and longevity limits? Seems its such a risk considering the loss of powertrain warrantee. Indeed many even purchase two year warrantee extensions for $10K-$14K just for peace of mind.

Don't get me wrong, the F140 engine series is likely good to +900HP but only when the entire system is involved in the modifications and only by the engine designers would I consider it safe. But I would love to have another 150HP!

-CD- and rockitman like this.
  5. Exotic Lambo

Exotic Lambo Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca
    I second that, Steve Mason at Mason Engineering its great. He has done all of my cars in the part 10 years, from Porsches to Ferraris and not only brings up the life on them but also never has any kind of issues.

He has my Ferrari FF ECUs now, I should get them back this week. Thanks.

6. rlips

rlips Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    yeah, because the f12 is definitely underpowered. !

crinoid, -CD-, F12KID and 1 other person like this.
  7. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    F12 makes what power at the crank? 820?

8. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Novitec have more experience and done more ECU remaps than anyone else has on the FF and F12. No issue when extending warranty whether power warranty or full coverage extension

9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Which dealerships will put in writing that Ferrari Corp. will accept engine and drivetrain warrantee claims related to ECU modifications? Thinking that those would be the most expensive claims possible and also wondering if they publish a list of approved tuners that are backed by the corporation. Would I, for example, modify their ECUs myself (easy enough with a re-programmer) and somehow Ferrari would approve and cover any related claims? Serious questions.

10. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Very easy: You buy a second set of ECU’s, I think - can’t remember must check - they were EUR2500 or 3500 each x 2.....did this on 2 FF’s and my F12. I’ve not done the ECU upgrade yet on my GTC4L, but no doubt will do so once it is available.

11. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I think you've answered my questions.

12. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    The R&D process that goes into our software is very extensive; part of that is some of the reason you never hear of us ever hurting a car from an ECU tune. Every tune we offer has been extensively developed on our in-house dynojet with real-time parameters. Ferrari's data is no different than most vehicles in the idea that fuel trims, timing tables, and other values all have their obvious safe zones and of course, their risky ones. With running/reading them in real time on our dynojet, we are able to see exactly what the car is doing at all times - and with having an active wide band O2 sensor monitoring air/fuel ratios while we do our testing allows us to keep the safe on that fine line between too rich, and too lean on fuel.

13. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    I second this. I have a ton of clients that will purchase an additional blank ECU, and have us mirror the image on the stock ECU to the new one, and flash that one.

14. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    No need to even get a blank one. With the car’s VIN in-hand F will send you one all ready to go.....

15. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    What changes are you making to the red line for example ?

16. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    That's awesome! My guys usually stay away from that route because they're nervous that the dealership will get curious that you may be potentially flashing the car.

17. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Red line we will leave alone. I know some tuners raise them to 9k+, but I have seen the cars spit belts and run into reliability issues spinning them that high just to get a little more gearing out of the car. Not worth it in my opinion.

18. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    May I ask what you do from a mapping perspective?

19. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Travis I wish you luck in your business ventures! Best.