Can I get some opinions of Grigio Silverstone over Cuoio on an FF? | FerrariChat

Can I get some opinions of Grigio Silverstone over Cuoio on an FF?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by trygve11, Sep 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Thoughts on this color combination?

Grigio Silverstone has always been my favorite Ferrari exterior color. I previously owned a 2007 Maserati Quattroporte with this custom color from the factory. But, the interior was black which looked "right".

Cuoio has always been my favoritie interior color. But just not sure it would look great with a grigio silverstone exterior. And not sure about the two of these on an FF.

Any thought or reactions? I currently own a TDF 612 with standard beige (beaver) and it's perfect.

Thanks!

2. PJ72

PJ72 Karting

Jun 1, 2017
    I think it is a great combo but do you have pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Perfect combo

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  5. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    It is actually Cuoio Toscano Semi-Aniline Leather. Is that any different than the "Cuoio" basic Ferrari color I have always known and loved? What is the Toscano Semi-Aniline part of the designation mean??

Thanks guys.

6. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Have you looked at gs over sabbia? I had gs/cuoio on my coupe and species gs/sabbia on my spider and like it even better.

Good luck

Mike

7. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    I ordered that same colour combination in my name so coming in about two weeks.

I’ll send you some photos but I’m sure you will love that colour combination. Very classy imho.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    My FF was Rosso Maranello over Cuoio Toscana, my Lusso will be Silverstone over standard Cuoio. Silverstone over Toscana will look epic. Way, way more exotic than a Nero interior in my view. Absolutely no need to worry, you'll be delighted.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    It's a FF so you're looking to buy pre-owned? Then you must have seen it or at least pictures, it should be an awesome combo, Toscano even more exotic than Cuoio.

Semi-aniline is a special leather treatment which to my knowledge gives a very particular high end look and feel. Very pricey option.

of2worlds likes this.
  10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Cuoio interior is always nice and sober. I had Cuoio interior in a previous Nero exterior Ferrari and the combination was lovely because of the stunning contrast. The Grigio Silverstone being also relatively dark, I would say makes a great combination and contrast with a Cuoio interior.

deltona and of2worlds like this.
  11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    If I am remembering correctly, Member Marcel Massini has told us Cuoio translates into "natural" and it really does look like what many people would consider "leather color". To someone who is new to Ferrari I would say Cuoio is like a slightly light caramel color- it can sometimes take on a little bit of an orange hue, but not too much. The Cuoio Toscano color is deeper and also has a little bit of what I would describe as a "smokey" look to the leather- its subtle, but its how I see it. It has a little bit more orange in it, but again, not overwhelmingly orange. It looks richer than regular Cuoio. Like most automakers Ferrari uses automotive quality leather that is very nice but is also treated so if you accidentally spill on it, you can usually wipe it up without consequences. I believe the Semi-Aniline is a process from fine furniture leather and they have adapted it for automotive use. I think it might not be quite as stain resistant, but on the plus side, it looks and feels richer and more luxurious. I always thought Ferrari leather was nice, but the SA is even nicer.

I think GS/CT is a really elegant combination and I hope it works out!

of2worlds likes this.
  12. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Thanks guys. I am thinking it all over...

I am considering going from a 2006 612 blue TDF beige, to a 2012 FF with the coloring I inquired about. This information is all very helpful!

One thing I don't like about the car I am looking at is that is DOESN'T have the Scuderia side shields. My 612 has them and they are a "must have" to me (especially on the 612). Any thoughts on no shields on the FF? Also, thoughts about adding them? I know they wouldn't be counter-sunk if added but the location of the FF with that fender design and styling makes me think it wouldn't be a big delta in appearance for stock vs added. Any thoughts??

Also, thoughts on the possible change from the 612 F1 to the FF. Is it worth it??

Thanks!

of2worlds likes this.
  13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #14 of2worlds, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    "Time" in the car industry typically brings improvements. Each new series has advances with two main advances for the FF. First is the four wheel drive and second is the new transmission that first appeared in 2009 with the Italia and of course the California model to.
    The FF driving experience has converted many skeptics who can get past the polarizing looks. Either you 'get' the styling of the FF or you don't; not much middle ground for this 4 seater Ferrari. The FF design was at the time a huge departure from the prior style of the 612 design you know so well.
    As for the shields I would say that it is no great loss on this model which starts to look busy when the shields are added near that fender vent. The shields almost appear as an afterthought in that position. They would fit better farther forward but that area is taken by the vent feature.
    The color combination you mention sounds excellent. Image Unavailable, Please Login

MDEL likes this.
  14. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Thank you for your input and perspective, that is valuable to hear. Yes, I agree to a certain extent on the shields and the busy factor. Especially with the rim center cap and yellow calipers (which this example has).

One of my big factors is whether the car is worth the upgrade price from the 612. I am not "super wealthy" (like many here of course would be as you'd expect), and I already have a pretty nice stable of current cars. (2006 Ferrari 612, 1974 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow, 1995 Alfa 164Q, 1973 Alfa Romeo Spider, 2012 GL450). And three boys I cart around (and sometimes my wife if she is humoring me ;). So, since I can only drive one car at a time, I am just pondering whether the $70K+ upgrade price is worth it or if I will miss the 612 (which I completely rebuilt myself from salvage). Ahh, decisions...

Good news is that the earlier FF's are already ~75% through their likely depreciation curve so that certainly helps but still a big nut on the delta for someone who quit their C-level job to start his own auto repair concern at 43 yrs. Also, mileage doesn't scare me because I own my own shop now! Just trying to not be stupid but if it's worth the $70K+, I have it available. Just then need to sell the 612... Anyone want one?!

of2worlds likes this.
  15. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I would take a solid test drive of an FF and then see what I think about the experience compared to the 612. I agree with CH that time brings improvements, but I would add to his list: general build quality. I think the FF/F12 platform is very much superior to the 612/599 in this regard. But you might decide you like how the 612 drives better. ttforcefed says his 612 is more analog vs his FF which is more digital.

I agree on the shields, its really just your own personal thing. If I were in your position I wouldn't add the stickers though. If it came without them, then I'd leave them off.

As a side note, I remember with the 599, I was told the Factory wanted the shields inside the vent like what you see on the FF- but PF said the wind tunnel testing came back the shields should not be there. So they put them more towards the front of the car, which is the only Ferrari I can think of off hand where the shield is not fairly close to the door. When I read CH's description of the shield inside the vent area, I thought: I guess they finally got their wish!

of2worlds likes this.
  16. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    is the money worth it? really only if the awd makes a difference. If it does then FF wins. I own both and if it werent for the awd i wld opt 612 over FF. FF is faster etc but in terms of emotionally owning a ferrari the 612 is first class. there is something to be said when you are approaching a car and you see a thing of beauty.

17. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Guys, great input! I love it.

I am attached to my 612, especially since I rebuilt it and loved the experience! I would very much like to rebuild another Ferrari and perhaps then keep it. Being I am 6'5", the FF seems like the next best project car for me. As such, I am now looking to find the right "mechanical" FF project car.