2018 488 suspension control system failure error | FerrariChat

2018 488 suspension control system failure error

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FXR, Apr 17, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FXR

FXR Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2023
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Gene Elin
    2018 488 Had this error few month ago but it would go a way after i restart the car , now i start getting more often . Battery seems to be good , sensor?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    battery "seems" to be good? How did you check it? This is one of the lights you will get with a battery not up to top level shape. What battery do you have in the car and how old is it and is the car on the tender all the time?

3. FXR

FXR Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2023
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Gene Elin
    Car on tender all the time , battery was replaced not sure when but its not original so I would think with not long ago , Voltage around 13.5

4. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    13.5v is good. Is the car on stock suspension? Like stock springs? If it is the connector to the shock I can tell you the plug is the same as Porsche. A shop would have to hook it up and see what the fault code says, check connections that plug into the shock and the wiring for damage ect.

FXR likes this.
  5. FXR

FXR Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2023
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Gene Elin
    Novitec springs installed by Norwood in DFW , will bring to them to scan . Thank you!

mdrums likes this.
  6. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    #6 mdrums, Apr 17, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
    I have Novitec springs on my 2019 488GTB. Have around 6k miles on the springs but no issues at all. My car is not slammed or super low. Keep us posted with what you find is the issue…very interest and wish you the best. Luckily a new shock if it’s bad is not expensive compared to other Ferrari parts.

Also you might pull each wheel and see if the wire that plugs into each shock/coilover is securely plugged in. Maybe the plug was knocked or worked lose.

FXR likes this.
  7. FXR

FXR Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2023
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Gene Elin
    Thank you! and will do . I don't think its the lowering maybe plug as you said or bad sensor . I don't think its slammed . Will get it scanned will find the cause
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

mdrums likes this.