Any Northern Territory Ferrari? | FerrariChat

Any Northern Territory Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by kerrari, Jun 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    I'm just back from a little road trip from Coolum to Darwin (3500k +/-) not in the F unfortunately and just wondering if there are any Fs up there? Saw very little of interest on the roads - couple of Porkers (Boxsters), Benz, very few BMers, virtually nothing Italian aside from one Alfa. Obviously the long straight no-limit roads made one wish for the 308...
    Funniest sight on the trip was in the main street of Barcaldine - Datsun 120Y with the most enormous wing bolted on the back; just the thought of it kept me amused all the way to Winton!
    For anyone who's interested, the roads were all F-trafficable (actually pretty good) apart from Mt Isa - Camooweal section which is under construction but 98 octane fuel ran out around Longreach - no more until Mt Isa and then no more until Darwin (maybe Katherine?). Dearest petrol $1.46 for 95 octane at 3Ways.

2. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    what was the quality of the fuel like ?

my trip to Adelaide a couple of years ago had me ingesting 2 loads of bad petrol which meant a day at the Carb joint in Adelaide

3. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    BP seems to be the fuel of the bush - ran Gazza's BM325 on 95 most of the time, ordinary 91 a couple of times without any apparent problem.

4. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    How about an exotics trip to Darwin? Get to Alice by whatever means and then convoy to the top end. Maybe meet the Queenslanders at 3 Ways. Make a legendary drive story.

Make a week trip out of it. Maybe transport it home. Now is the best time of year. Pretty soon that road will get a speed limit and the opportunity will be lost. Anyone interested?

5. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Yeah baby!! :D

6. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Sounds like a great idea, now I just need to get myself an exotic..... :confused:

7. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    pick up a certain Murcielago along the way and have the chance for some unbelievable footage

8. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark

Good thinking Ash. If we get some more interest happening, I'll ask Neville. He'd love it! :D

9. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    This sounds like the dream 'road trip' - if you need a photographer to tag along I am willing to offer my services :D

You wouldn't want to do something like this and not have some proper memories would you????? :D

10. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    okay lipstick cams on front and rear of the TR and away we go,

when is this being planned for?

mhh and ash there are 2 gt3 owners who would like a drive!!!!!!!!!

11. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #11 mhh, Jun 8, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    July would be good. I'm serious, but only if we get a decent turnout from others states as well. Ash in charge of video production, Dingo on the stills. If Fchat won't get it happening, we could publicize it through FCA perhaps?

Goob, you had better ask the GT3s on the weekend if they are interested. Neville King would be a good pick up with his Murci in Alice.

Let's have a straw poll. Out of ten, how interested are you in taking your exotic to Darwin or tagging along at least - on the ultimate road trip as Dingo says. I'm 8/10 and rising.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    10/10 and rising!!! :)

I will finish my university exams in 2 weeks and then have 4 weeks off, so I could easily get a week or so off work to tag along ;)

I think it would be a great experience, not just for the cars but also the fact I for one haven't travelled anywhere (except in Perth obviously) in Australia by road before ;)

13. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    cool. looking over some of the pics and stories from the event going on right now in the US i was just thinking yesterday that oz needed an analogy to the "Players Run" or something. :cool:

Niel's silver Murci against the backdrop of the outback always reminds me of a 22-250 projectile... a bullet. this run would in essence be the Bullet Chase.

i can certainly coordinate such an event, but until it has a defined start, destination, and time frame it's just a pipe-dream... or perhaps i've seen too many Tony Robbins infomercials.

so... mid-late July? too far away... too soon?

let's get a show of keys....

14. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    This might limit its appeal. Australia doesn't have enough "Players" - at least that we can reach. Any publicity for a Gumball type of event would kill it.

I guess I was thinking of a relaxed type of gathering where we take our time while savouring the freedom of no speed limits, but also enjoying the splendour and space. Having done the run on a motorcycle some years ago, I recall the urge to go REALLY fast all the time quickly passes.

I agree we need a date and a general plan of meal breaks, stopovers, photo shoots etc. Not hard to do as we are only talking a few days. :)

15. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    i/m 10/10 just not during school hols, u know me if i say i will, short of being called up to fight a war in Angola i'm always there

16. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    heh yeah i didn't mean gumballish in the glitz, glamour and glory of it all, or even race/rallying for prizes, more just in a legendary gathering of exotica.

17. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    and the fact it would take place on the Stuart Hwy makes it even more legendary - as of course its known worldwide as I of the few 'unrestricted' roads left. :)

18. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    #18 goober, Jun 8, 2005
  19. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    I'm a 10/10 as long as it doesn't conflict with any track days.

20. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    #20 FFOUR, Jun 8, 2005
    I have prepared a little lineup of the cars which might go - goobers Testarossa, Niel's Murcielago, stephens' 550 and mhh's Gallardo. :)

Unfortunately my model collection doesn't include a 550 in black, but the rest of the colours fit nicely ;)

21. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You've got some paint, haven't you?

22. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    #22 goober, Jun 8, 2005
    can this help

23. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    #23 FFOUR, Jun 8, 2005
    umm, no not really. :D

haha, and ruin a perfectly good model? :(

Oh what the hell - here is the result: :D

24. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #24 mhh, Jun 8, 2005
  25. gekko

gekko Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I had been thinking about going to NT to give the 360 a run. To do it with a group of other exotics would be fantastic.