Scuderia Ferrari 2024 | Page 25 | FerrariChat

Scuderia Ferrari 2024

Discussion in 'F1' started by Giallo 550, Nov 27, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    On this, ultimately Ferrari are doing well on their own— let’s see what the Imola updates bring—so Newey, at 65 and after a gardening leave, not sure what he can bring to the table.

At the least it somehow destabilizes RBR but the danger that he goes to Merc and finally fix all their problems is a concern. If he goes to AM, the concern is they poach Max also because current driver lineup is not unbeatable, even with a Newey car.

Now if Newey is really tempted to work with Hamilton (why would he, really?) that’s a good side effect of signing SLH (LOL), otherwise, if it liberates Max from RBR and they have no room for him, wow, what a bad (worse) play.

And about Horner, this can’t be related only to the incident with his assistant. It’s amazing how all his efforts to build an unbeatable team are kind of breaking down. I suppose what makes him so successful is also a liability in people management, similar to Ron Dennis, perhaps.

Bas and crinoid like this.
  2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    What would be so special about working with Hamilton? Does Newey want to be indoctrinated? He doesnt seem the type. Sail boating is where its at. Hamilton pfft

watt and crinoid like this.
  3. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

Newey might not have the same "gardening leave" hurdles as we might think. I'm pretty sure he is not an employee of Redbull , it's his company that has the contract with them.

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Then they wouldn't have wasted time putting the gardening leave in the contract anyways, I'm pretty sure such a simple loophole will have been thoroughly closed.

My bet remains on Newey retiring from F1 IF he's gone before his contract ends.

ingegnere and 375+ like this.
  5. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

#605 Chicko, Apr 25, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
    Have you or anyone else outside of RBR and Newey read the contract?

We know RBR were trying to be smart on a few levels by not having Newey as a direct employee (they do something similar with Helmut, he's employed by the RB drinks company, not the race team). If the contract is with Newey's company, that opens a whole different can of worms.
    Newey will do some F1 gardening leave, i expect until early or this time next year, but it won't be a long leave until 2027 like some places are reporting.

You could well be correct and Newey is going to retire from F1. But from what we know and this timing ,for me that makes no sense. Why do it now and not the end of the season. He is also currently in the process of doing a Hypercar for RBR with the aim to race at Lemans, by retiring under these circumstances apparent now he is surely going to walk away from that project as well. Their is something bigger going on i believe.

I personally think next week in Miami its going to be announced he is joining Ferrari, and the new HP sponsorship deal is just another clue and link in this process. I also think the recent media reports that Aston were offering big money for him to go there was just apart of Newey pushing his negotiations with Ferrari, he's a very smart cunning man and knows how to play this F1 world.

Why i think he's finally going to Ferrari -

Newey was seen in the Modena airport around 2 weeks ago.

Newey has always wanted to work with Lewis.

Newey has always been curious about working for Ferrari and has got close many times to signing for them.

Newey has always wanted to design an Americas Cup racing boat, which Ferrari are planning on doing.

Newey has always wanted to do a series of road cars, Ferrari can arrange this with ease.

Newey wants to do a LeMans car, Ferrari will need a replacement for their 499P hypercar in the coming years.

Newey in recent years has become more fond of the Ferrari brand as he bought classic Ferrari's that he drives daily.

Newey is in the process of commissioning a custom Oyster 28m Yacht which once delivered later this year he plans to keep on the Mediterranean.

Ferrari will give him $100m a year, and the keys to Maranello, maybe an offer he can no longer refuse.

Or maybe he has signed for Aston..

6. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    What is the current status of Rory Byrne ?

Last I read was he was a "consultant"

Byrne and Newey working together, I'd like to see that :p:p:p

bamaman likes this.
  7. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Only if they ditch LuLu before he ever arrives.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

DeSoto and absostone like this.
  8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Adrian might save a few $ Million by moving to Monaco ,next door to Charles/Lewis and a short ride to Maranello.Not to mention having the Yacht nearby ...absolute no brainer especially with the incoming Labour gov in UK which will tax the wealthy to hell and back;).

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    To sign such an important guy without any protection him moving elsewhere would be nothing less of insanity.

As of now there is no official confirmation he's even left.

We have 1 unreliable source claiming he's leaving and the rest bandwagoning on top of it, because oh god imagine if they miss out on some free clicks on their websites.

Newey has even raced Ferrari's and that's more than 15 years ago now when he raced F430 Challenges and GT3s, so that's nothing new.

He's got the roadcar project with Red Bull. Would Le Mans be out of the question for RB? Highly doubt it to be honest.

Newey had the mega offer from Ferrari before and didn't take it then, and this was when Renault showed zero interest in building a functional engine, let alone one with halfway decent power.

I seriously think that IF he's going anywhere it might well be Aston or even Mercedes, Aston being more likely because of the Valkyrie Le Mans project, huge salary that can match Ferrari's, doesn't require him to move, brand new facilities to work in, no need to herd cats in Maranello.

10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Actually surprises me that him and certain other highly paid employees haven't done something similar to be honest. Travel days don't count so max days spend in UK would be 3 days over a working week, fly in monday morning leave friday eveninng. Add in the F1 weekends x20, such people could spend several weeks without flying back to MC and still don't make the 183 days minimum to be required to pay tax...

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  11. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    I'm liking the classic team kit Ferrari is releasing in Miami. Finally someone in Ferrari is making something classy and fun rather than the doom fashion crap they've been peddling over the last few years.

jcurry and Giallo 550 like this.
  12. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    They should have kept everything under wraps, and just showed up with a blue kit and car during FP1, and watch everyone piss themselves.

13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Complex cars and regulations. Not a prescription for good racing or fan involvement..............

https://f1i.com/news/506398-vasseur-increasing-complexity-of-f1-sporting-rules-contradictory.html

Vasseur: Increasing complexity of F1 sporting rules 'contradictory'

Ferrari team principal Frederic Vasseur has suggested that the increasing complexity of F1's sporting regulations is leading to increased instances of contradictions.

The latest example came in China, when Aston Martin protested the results of qualifying when Carlos Sainz was able to continue taking part in the session despite bringing out a red flag by spinning midway through Q2.

In the past, a car that had stopped on or by the side of the track in a way that stopped the session was not then allowed to resume. But in this case Sainz, was able to get underway under his own power and return to the pits.

After receiving a new front wing and a check-over of the Ferrari, Sainz set a good enough time to get him through to the final round with Aston driver Lance Stroll eliminated in P11.

Aston protested the outcome as Sainz had been listed as 'stopped' on the race control system, but the stewards decided that being 'stopped' in the sense of the sporting regulations meant not being able to restart - which Sainz did.

Vasseur was subsequently asked by the media whether the wording of Article 39.6 was now clear, and the Ferrari boss still sounded somewhat uncertain.

"I don't know if it's clear, but for sure we need to have some understanding of what has happened," he said. "We asked if we can restart, [the race director] said yes, and it was end of the story.

"I think on this one, an easy clarification," he said. "But for sure, what is true is that the regulation is more and more complicated," adding: "When I started the job, the sporting regulation was 20 pages, today, it’s 75.

"You will always find loopholes because you have cross-articles," he added. "It’s tricky because as a consequence the teams are getting bigger and bigger with more and more lawyers.

"I remember a couple of years ago when Kimi [Raikkonen] spun on the out-lap at Imola," he said. "We had two different articles reporting to the same case, one saying black and the other one saying white."

"At the end of the day, we are in the exact same situation as with the technical regulation: we're all trying to find a loophole."

14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Fred is in London with Ferrari lawyers to meet Adrian, he didn't took the plane to Miami with the team....looks like Ferrari learnt something from previous mistakes...if you want Newey, send in the big guns!!!
    Let's keep our fingers crossed! Perfect team almost done, now we just need to ditch crapilton...

375+, fil and jpalmito like this.
  15. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    Was just about to like your post, then I realised that your last sentence probably refers to Lewis. What a shame. Without Lewis I don't think Newey would have considered a move to Ferrari.

16. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I don't think Newey needs Lewis one bit, especially now that he is off his game. Maybe back when he was at his peak but unless he miraculously turns his performance around his stint driving at Ferrari will be nothing more than a high paid farewell tour.

Getting Newey would be great but IMO he won't be the silver bullet for Ferrari everyone is making this out to be. It will be interesting to see if they still fumble with Newey and Lewis on board. What then? I guess we should expect more "special" liveries to sell clothes? :D

ingegnere likes this.
  17. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    The biggest problem I see with Ferrari having signed Hamilton is if Max also decides to leave an imploding Red Bull, Ferrari will have no room for him while being saddled with the off-his-game Hamilton instead of having a killer driving duo.

Giallo 550, Jeronimo GTO and HotShoe like this.
  18. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    DF1 likes this.
  19. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Sir Lewis will be green(blue-green?)with envy.

ingegnere likes this.
  20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Lewis would not survive from a disastrous 2025 season I guess.
    Max should be cautious and stay for 2025 at Red Bull.
    Waiting.

375+ and Giallo 550 like this.
  21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I'm starting to believe that max wills eriously consider Toto's offer.....wich kind og engine will Red Bull have? They've lost Honda, now Newey, and his relation wityh Horner is probably broken.....not sure if Red Bull is a good place for him anymore....and then merc will brake the bank to have him!

22. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
  23. Anthony_Ferrari

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    It looks ok. Not worth the hype, but I guess the marketing people will be happy to see it being discussed.

24. Anthony_Ferrari

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    I am not sure that Newey would agree. I think that Lewis is a pull factor for Newey and hopefully many other top F1 people.

25. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I count "hp" on that car 11 times and it looks terrible.

jpalmito likes this.