The 456/550/575 BaT auction thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The 456/550/575 BaT auction thread

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by JohnnyRay, Mar 5, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    You should go get it!

dhalperin13 likes this.
  2. Ferrarienthusiast71

Sep 13, 2023
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    I suppose these cars are more like art than a car, when it comes to how buyers perceive them

Ferrari55whoa and Mirek like this.
  3. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    I have tried to convince myself that I want a 575 F1 (or 612) for years now, especially given the pain and expense of sorting my current 2003 456M over the last few years (and is at Fast Cars Redondo as we speak). The 575M is such a great deal in the shadow of the shifter car it is crazy and it is Ferrari’s best foot forward.

Unfortunately it would entail me selling my GTA and that is not an option. It is my daily driver in LA and no way would I ever swap a completely sorted 2003 GTA for a rando 2002 575M. I understand I am in the complete minority here. I drove a few ratty 575 cars and was not over the moon like I assumed I would be, plus I would lose my rear seats so family car show trips and fun stuff like that would be over. No dice.

It was just not a different enough driving experience to consider in my case. I do like the steering wheel better but it did not compare to my MSW ECU based driving experience. I do not want to recommission another Ferrari either. One and done for this guy.

Texas Forever likes this.
  4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I realize this is probably not the right thread, but has anyone, Trev?, figured out how to hot rod a 575 F1?

Maranello993 likes this.
  5. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Mirek, In June (?) @stevepaa who had been sorting for sale, his 10 years held 575…will be selling…I don’t know what Steve wants out of the car but he is a genuinely nice guy and is clearly babying his 575….might make sense to DM him if at all playing with the idea.
    Would save him the hassle of a sale and you would get a fully sorted “mature owned” 575.
    Plus he is local to me and your place in Aptos so it would give me a chance to buy you lunch ;-)

I will admit I wish I also had a 456/612/FF so I could actually use it with the girls because my 550 stays parked when I need at least 3 seats but could have a fun day out.

Mirek, Texas Forever and dhalperin13 like this.
  6. dhalperin13

dhalperin13 Karting

Mar 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I would have agreed with you a couple of months ago re: OEM shifter…but my car, after it was “warrantied” by Otto at Macchina Motorwerx (MMW), is Epic. They seem to have it figured out. Anyone in Chicagoland that wants to take a ride, let me know!

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Yup, Trev can hot rod a 575M, especially one fitted with Fabio (6-1) or Supersprint (3-2-1) headers. He can also update the Motronic ECUs and TCU to give Superamerica/612 shifting qualities. Mine has been. She also has an HGTC TCU, which is incompatible with vanilla Motronic ECUs until Trev massages them.

8. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I can testify a SuperAmerica shifts well.

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Yup, something like 6th generation F1 software. There were two more iterations of V12 F1 software for the single plate dry clutch systems. V8s (F430) had a couple more, too. Then both migrated to the F1 Superfast (599, 612 OTO) and F1 Superfast 2 (599 GTO, Scud/16M) with the twin disc dry clutch systems. DCTs after that.

10. dhalperin13

dhalperin13 Karting

Mar 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I wasn’t aware the 612 OTO was offered with the F1 Superfast…are you sure? If so, this could be interest!

I thought the only cars offered with F1 Superfast were:

1) Scud
    2) 599 GTO
    3) Euro Spec Maserati Gran Turismo MC Stradale (future me would love to figure out an import when this turns 25)

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  11. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Dan- Absolutely sure. The OTO included the 599 gearbox case (with 612 guts), the 599 twin disc dry clutch, and F1 Superfast software among other features.

I think you are confusing Superfast with Superfast 2, which gave 60 ms min shift times.

The Sessanta also had Superfast F1 software.

Texas Forever and dhalperin13 like this.
  12. dhalperin13

dhalperin13 Karting

Mar 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan
    indeed, I am confusing superfast & superfast II.

Thanks Taz