Will the Hermes lawsuit affect Ferrari and the other supercar makers? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Will the Hermes lawsuit affect Ferrari and the other supercar makers?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SPAVE, Mar 22, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Same here. Even paying the premium I think it’s cheaper than buying the bs items we don’t really need or want from Hermes. I did score this special order color Birkin 25 at Xmas

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    That’s super nice! I can appreciate the beauty of that bag.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

paulchua and Cigarzman like this.
  3. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    The fairest system is first come…first served.
    Show me the money and I show you the car. I’d have Ferrari squeeze the market price to the max especially for the earlier production cars and adjust prices to sell every last one Ferrari makes. Repeat customers can get an allocation preproduction at the top market price but otherwise just a free Ferrari coffee mug or jacket.
    Capitalism at its best. And it’s a double edged sword- bring to market a crappy car no one wants and you lose big time and forced to sell them at discount. Every time the government gets involved in these transactions the consumer loses.

Texas Forever and technom3 like this.
  4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Ya. **** those guys.

paulchua likes this.
  5. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

That is an extremely good point.

I'd even argue it's not the right of the people for the government to not get involved. (This is not political)

Texas Forever likes this.
  6. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Concept of waitlist is dubious as it is always just a list to gauge who has higher buyer power and potentials of continuing buying. It is never first come first serve.

7. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    HSS! Nice!

Cigarzman likes this.
  8. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

What's funny is....I actually worked at a place that had genuine waiting lists and it was exactly in order. No one got to jump to the front. It was really run fair and square and we had a 2 and a half year waiting list.

This tainted me that everyone operated that way... Which is obviously not true.

9. rg88

rg88 Karting

Feb 10, 2024
    Montecito
    Full Name:
    rg
    These lawsuits are BS and clogging up the legal system for nothing. Only cases with real merit should be allowed to go forward for things like the coffee is too hot, or too much caffeine in the lemonade.

iloveferrari likes this.
  10. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    There sure are a lot of people who don't understand how free markets work or are enraged by the idea.

Texas Forever and iloveferrari like this.
  11. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    In all fairness if you look into the coffee is too hot lawsuit ... It was justified.

iloveferrari and rg88 like this.
  12. rg88

rg88 Karting

Feb 10, 2024
    Montecito
    Full Name:
    rg
    Having defense background, it's automatic response, but yes. Thank goodness I don't toil in that any longer.

technom3 likes this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    not gonna lie, and I'm a bit embarrassed to say it, but damn, that's a beautiful bag.

05F430F1, Cigarzman and iloveferrari like this.
  14. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Not to belabor the point but how does it differ from Buy one. Get the second one at half price?
    In this case it’s buy one, you get the second one at full price but made to order.

15. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Just have to accept that the "free market" isn't "fair", or at least not completely transparent, and that money is not the only currency that controls it.
    Because the "buy one" is a variable that is not stated to the consumer and can change at the whims of the seller.

carguyjohn350 likes this.