Channel ferry in a 430 | FerrariChat

Channel ferry in a 430

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyl8281, Mar 5, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyl8281

tonyl8281 Karting

Jul 1, 2014
    Hi, I wondered if any member had taken a 430 on the cross channel ferry, Dover to Calais? I’ve done the Chunnel several times without a problem as they can accommodate the low sit of the car safely. Is this true, from anyone’s experience, of ferries please? Thanks. Tony

2. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    taken my 355 on portsmouth to cain ferry route 4 trips now. going again twice this summer.

you do have to learn to go across some ramps diagonally, but ferry staff really helpful and no more drama than a speed bump in the road. friend in a 458 came back with us ladt time and was also fine.

biggest problem was the speed hump outside uk passport control on the way back to the uk!

3. tonyl8281

tonyl8281 Karting

Jul 1, 2014
    That’s really helpful, thanks. Glad it works for you and I’m going to go for it too!

4. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Also done it in a 355 a few years ago now but the staff were great. Gave me really good parking spots both times with plenty of space around me.

5. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    I did Dover Calais in my Cali 2 yrs ago, no problem on the P&O ferry.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Biggest thing is to make sure they don't park you too close to a bulkhead so you have room to open the door

7. Dickyboy88

Dickyboy88 Rookie

Apr 11, 2023
    Aberdeen/Edinburgh UK
    Full Name:
    Richard Rose
    I have taken my 575M on the Newcastle to Ijmuiden (Holland) ferry without problem, and I'm doing so again in May. I have also taken my equally low F type Jag a few times without problem. Just go slowly. The biggest problem is that the Customs, on leaving the UK, always want to have a look at the 575M. They are far more interested in seeing the engine than checking any of our luggage!