TRIP TO MARANELLO , MODENA , TURIN ,STUTTGART !!! | FerrariChat

TRIP TO MARANELLO , MODENA , TURIN ,STUTTGART !!!

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Maranello Guy, Jul 30, 2006.

1. We apologize, our new Classifieds has been intermittently down as we sent an email today that overloaded the system. We'll get it fixed and then you can link from the header "Buy - Sell" or from the email. Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    #1 Maranello Guy, Jul 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi ALL ,

I just came back from greatest trip ever . I visited Porsche in Stuttgart , new Mercedes-Benz museum , Ferrari & Zanasi in Maranello , Maserati in Modena . Panini museum , born place of Enzo , his grave . Later I went to Torino , where I had a meeting with Giugiaro in Italdesign. I also visited more automotive places in Turin but can’t say more !!! Just believe me that it was AMAZING !!!

I was in Stuttgart for 3 days . It was great ! I arranged factory tour . Saw everything : assembly line , interior trim , production of engine . I have to tell you that I was surprised of a atmosphere around that place ! It is so different to Leipzig ! Much more “warm and friendly “ place for a automotive fans :D

I visited a museum too – very small , but well equipped ! They’re building a new one now at Porscheplatz ! It will be stunning !

Stuttgart is just full of Porsches !!!! Great place for Porsche freaks – just like me !!!
    I saw many other things linked with Porsche brand, but I was not allowed to post pix or tell anything !

I also went to Weissach , where research department and test truck located – no photos allowed !

Next day I went to a brand new Mercedes-Benz museum !
    Speechless , amazing and VERY WELL equipped !!! I saw there my favorite ones like : Renntransporter , MB SSK , and 300 SLR Uhlenhaut – only two ever made !

Everyone who is interested in automotive world should definitely see it !!!

On Sunday I went to Maranello !!! What a lovely place – so Italian ( it was my second visit ) .
    I also had a factory tour there . After six I had a private visit in Zanasi workshop – wow ! Saw this mysterious black FXX’s but can’t say anything !!! I was also riding in a pearl white 575 superamerica posted on Fchat very often !

Next day I went to Pagani …. Which is only 15 km up to Maranello . I met there Horacio Pagani ( met him first time in Geneva) . Factory is amazing and……very small what makes it even more interesting !

While being in Modena I had an appointment in Maserati …. I was really impressed about the factory . Clean , tidy , looks more German to me rather than Italian !!!

There I was suggested to go to Panini museum . Small private collection full of Maseratis and few other beauties like 300 SL and BMW 507 – purely awesome

On Wednesday I was already in Turin …nice place to visit As someone once told me “everyone who want to built a cars comes to Turin “ – TRUE ! My friend “guide” showed me most important places of this city ! The best things are mountains around Turin. Looks very pretty at evening when the sky is clean ! I started from Bertone !!! It’s located in a very special place !!! If not my guide I would never know it’s Bertone centro stile ! Next to their center , there is a gravel mine . Very often official shots of prototypes are taking there !!! I saw inside a collection of many Bertone prototypes ! AWESOME !!! I found there my favorite Iso Griffo - love this car ! Also was there Lancia Stratos Zero Prototype ! Amazing how design has changed !

Later I had a meeting with Fabrizio Giugiaro in Italdesign – it was great , he showed me museum , told me interesting things about cars , saw my portfolio !!!!

Also visited Pininfarina. It is cool but located in quite average area ! Saw there Batista Pinin Farina’s private car – Lancia Florida II - really great !!!

Stola surprised me very much – so Italian and noisy – cool.

The Turin was my last place to visit . I’ve been there for a two and a half day !

Then I came to Poland at Baltic sea , where I am at the moment !!!

Anyway , thanks for reading and ENJOY pictures ( I did almost 700 shots :p)

Reg
    Tad
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
  3. salegosse

salegosse Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    French Riviera
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Nice ! Can't wait to see and read the rest.

4. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    #13 Maranello Guy, Jul 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Very jealous, I hope to make the exact same trip as you in the future. Thank you for sharing!

6. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
  7. Napoleondyna

Napoleondyna Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Otis Blank
    Wow looks like you had an Excellent time... I hope to visit all those places at some point in my life.

8. F40org

F40org Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2004
    Munich / Ft. Myers(FL)
    Full Name:
    Rolando
    Hello Tad,

a wonderful car tripp. I see you enjoyed it!!!
    Thank you for the lot of pictures.

9. cavallino33

cavallino33 Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Great pics

I took the same exact trip in June, except I stopped by Munich too.

10. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Great rip, great pics, but how come you didn't visit the Lamborghini factory museum?

I'm amazed how clean you kept your Focus on such a long trip!

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    gr8 pics, you must be exhausted ;)

12. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    No time pal ! As you can read I had an appiontment in every factory so........need to choose something !

Maybe next time :)

Cheers m8

13. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    Stunning!

Really nice pictures of Pagani factory.

Where at the baltic are you at and how long are you staying? I'm heading to Leba and Wladyslawowo for 3 days soon.

14. scott.waldon

scott.waldon Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Great Trip, Great Pics, Great Cars!,
    Love the shoot of the Focus with Ferrari sign behind it :D

15. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG

I'm in Jurata ...but going back to Warsaw on Wednesday !

Reg

16. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    Not so much , really ! It was a great trip full of cars - I needed this :D

See you in UK ! I'm comming back at the end of Sept.

Reg
    Tad