ZYMOL-------------------------------- | FerrariChat

ZYMOL--------------------------------

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Oct 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Took out a second mortgage and today bought a starter pack, clay bar and other bits from Parc Ferme at Brooklands . Funnily enough, they know Ray Fergy quite well and send their regards, Ray !. Pics of your concours winning cars have pride of place in their display folders.Reckon a wash, clay bar and wax will take all day, tho :(

2. Jaz

Jaz Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    JAZ

I have heard alot of positive things about Zymol.. I still havent used it though... Let us know how you get on Tony.....

3. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    did mine a week ago great stuff the cleanser brings the paint back but the cloth didnt go red but you must follow the instructions at strasse where we did mine they keep spmethig to do with it in the fridge

4. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Steve, whats going on, you defecting from Autoglym??

Now you have switched to Zymol you're never gonna hear the end of it from Ray360, Zymol348 etc etc...

5. Jaz

Jaz Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    JAZ

Autoglyms Super Resin polish is fine for a speedy clean, but if you have the time, and are looking for that shimmering showroom appearance/ finish, then Zymol is the artefact to use.

Jaz.

6. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    That will be the self congratulatory cans of Stella for when you've finished

7. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    I did recently buy a load of Zymol stuff, but so far haven't had a chance to put a day aside to go through the whole process - probably going to leave it till after the winter now....

8. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si

Good stuff the Zymol and Steves right you have to keep it in the fridge next to your caviar.
    It an be hard to get off tho if you don't do it just right and thats why I converted to Meguires.
    Easy to apply lots cheaper and a greaaaaaaaaaat shine.

Cheers Simon

9. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    cheapskate its a lot cheaper i didnt worry about the cost as it was strasse's zymol that i used

10. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    What's all this ZYMOL nonsense? If it was any good Rolls Royce, Bentley, Mercedes Benz, Jaguar and Ferrari would use it. I understand they all use Autobrite. This apart, the molecular structure of the paint can be damaged with too much friction.

I have some 'Autobrite' if anyone wishes to clean their car - it is made from the milk of young goats grazed upon the mountain side of Mont Blanc. And comes replete with straw so that it may be gently sprayed over the vehicle, thus to protect the ozone layer.

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse

11. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    I am with Simon on this, been an Autoglym man 27 years as well.

Cheers Kevan
    :) See you down the road - with huge grins on our faces :)

12. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Graham

I warned in Russ's cafe/bar about your drinking habits - have you made this up - cause I for one have never heard of Autobrite!

Cheers Kevan

13. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade 400 Spyder M8,

Autobrite is definitely a product. It's the deluxe version of Autogrime that Ray 360M used in days gone by to win all the 'Conkers.'

Why are all these people buying bloomin' clay to rub over their paintwork? Is it a fetish or something like that perhaps?

14. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    I agree with Tea cake arse, and you can re-use this clay when its all full off your grit and grime too ...HUH

15. ZYMOL348

ZYMOL348 Karting

May 1, 2004
    Minehead Somerset
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rea
    Glad to see you are giving it a chance Tony you will be very pleased i am sure. My yellow 348 comes up lovely Its a bit of a chore the first time then you just need the Glaze to bring it back up after the next three or four washes Good luck with it
    Graham are you still using the White spirit and chalk system
    ZYMOL348

16. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Good Eveing Comrade ZYMOL348 M8,

Yes, I do still use the 'White Spirit and Chalk.' It's wonderful and costs very little. However, it is not advisable to smoke whilst using it. I have also tried methylated spirit and chalk. This works better during the winter time as it dries much more quickly. I may enter my car in the Ferrari Conkers next year and will use it then. The shine is quite incredible, far and away superior to the Autogrime and Autobrite - I am not certain whether it is superior to Zymol.

17. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Tony it may well take you all day but the results will be worth it (I find its also quite a nice little work out)

18. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Once you've done the full monty wax, I can recommend the Field Glaze- just squirt it over each panel in turn, and then polish off after 10 secs- keeps that "just waxed" shine and only takes a few mins.

Robert.

19. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Did the same and the results were very good, cost a bit toppy tho :-(

20. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Good enough for Ray " eat yer dinner off me engine bay" Fergy and Joe "I can't come out in the rain cos me car will melt" Johncock, good enough for me :D :D :D

21. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    Never mind polish its about time ray fergy subscribed to fchat i think he thinks its free as he is a monitors on here for the F.O.C.

22. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Tooocheee my dear friend toooocheee

23. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Steve,
    to be fair to Fergy, he sent a draft to Rob Lay for subscription. Must be going by tortoise tho' as he says he still ain't got it :(

24. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    HEHE. How's the head , m8?

25. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    He should get with the times and use PayPal like the rest of us!