Zymol & swirl marks - are they gone..are they, are they??? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Zymol & swirl marks - are they gone..are they, are they???

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by hedge, May 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ninot

ninot Karting

Feb 7, 2004
    Sunny Staffordshire
    Full Name:
    Nino
    excellent job , looks really smart.
    If your ever passing through Satffordshire, I have a Mondial that would really like to meet you ...

2. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B
    Very nice , quite satisfying after all that effort I bet !
    Few tips
    View the finish now as your base / starting point. The more layers of wax you get on there , the better it will become. A lot of people make the mistake of waiting for the wax to tire slightly before re applying it ,which will always bring it back to the level it is at now.
    But if you get into giving it another waxing when you can and building up those layers you'll be amazed at how the car looks 6 months down the road , even when dirty.
    Nice one
    Davie B
    (Zymol detailer)

3. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Great tip, thanks Davie. Will zymol again on the weekend! That was the bit which took the least time!

4. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    Davie - as a rough guide how much would it cost for you or one of the other Zymol detailers to give a 348 Spider the full treatment?

I clean the car practically every weekend using Zymol car wash, but just do not have the time or patience to spend 10 hours on it.

Another thing that puts me off is that I suspect that the finished result will be nowhere near as effective on yellow as it is on red.

5. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B
    Can you give me a bell mate on 07970 713062 believe me yellow looks stunning I did an old 911 turbo a few weeks back and you wouldn't believe the transformation
    Davie B

6. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    got a before and after piccy ?

7. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B
    I havent it was getting dusky when I finished , but I'll ask steve the owner if he has some or you could email him at [email protected] I'm sure he wont mind.
    Failing that I believe I am doing a yellow 360 this weekend so providing it is still light when I finish , I'll get some over to you.
    Cheers
    Davie B

8. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    #33 simon355, May 18, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Musicman

Musicman Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    and i thought my rosso 360M with zymol treatment looks the business but simon your's looks simply stunning !!

10. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    I notice the hood looks shinier than the rest of the car. Could that be something to do with all those firm backside's you've had rubbing against it recently? :D

Now there's an idea - if you can get a bird to wear a Zymol microfibre mini-skirt...

11. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Sound like a marketing oportunity to me! :D