Zymol photos | FerrariChat

Zymol photos

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Robgvx, Feb 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robgvx

Robgvx Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    RobGvx
    #1 Robgvx, Feb 2, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Had a man come and Zymol my car at the weekend.

Had never heard of the stuff until I came here. It's expensive, but I'm really pleased and can vouch for the superb depth of colour and shine - something that doesn't really come across in my photos.

Worth every penny in my book.

Rob
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. scoobydoo22

scoobydoo22 Rookie

Oct 23, 2004
    Pinner
    Full Name:
    Darren
    it certainly looks good, how much did it cost ?

3. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    where can you buy zymol wax on its own ???????

4. Robgvx

Robgvx Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    RobGvx
  5. Robgvx

Robgvx Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    RobGvx
    Speak to the guy who did it. Dave - DB Valeting.

Got him from Zymol's web site.

His email is [email protected]

6. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    They recommend applying Zymol when it's a bit warmer - the wax doesn't bond (as well) to the paintwork in these cold conditions.

Rick

7. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Looks good Rob, next time you want it doing I'll do it cheaper:D and IMHO Zaino and McGuires are equal if not better and a lot lot cheaper!!!!!!!!!!

8. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    Very nice, but very lazy. :D

9. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Barabus M8,

Will you confirm, please, the receipt of my PM's regardig your queries - did they arrive?

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse

10. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Zymol's great - I have just spent 4 afternoons treating my car and it looks stunning. Hard work but satisfying :D Cheers, MARK

11. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    BTW Rob - great photos of your car! Nice setting too. From the looks of things you don't have a garage space problem! ;) Cheers, MARK

12. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    You can buy some of the products in Halfords. I bought some last week to try out.

13. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Dear Graham

Thanks for the reply to my questions and Yes I did acknowledge with a reciept, don't know why you didn't get it?

BTW Ochlocracity, great word, had to look that one up:D:D:D:D

Cheers Si

14. reggie

reggie Guest

£5,820.00..............[/QUOTE]

Jesus - thats a huge amount of cash !
    I get mine done near Putney, £11 for a standard in and out clean, very good too. Was there today and they will Zymol my 360 for £55 ! Drive it down, leave it for 4-5 hours and bob's your uncle. Taking it down next week before the Bruges, Lille trip with my son.
    £5800 is about £5700 more than i would consider paying but i bet it looks the business !

15. exiges

exiges Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Midlands
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    I guess some would argue it's an ideal time of year to do it, but with all the salt and spray on the roads even the smallest trip returns my car to a claggy white ball of muck (or so it seems).. would right pi55 me off to wax my car and take it out on a day like today.. best keep it unwashed for a month or so ! LOL

16. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #16 Hud, Feb 7, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Robgvx

Robgvx Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    RobGvx

Just checking the obvious here... You don't think I paid £5,820 do you...? That's the cost of a 're-filled for life' tub of their super duper wax. Fine I suppose if you're in the business of Zymol treatments and use the stuff every day.

The Zymol valet cost me a couple of hundred quid and the guy spent about 8 or 9 hours on it. £55 in Putney won't pay for doing the job properly in my opinion.

R

18. reggie

reggie Guest

£55 in Putney won't pay for doing the job properly in my opinion.

R[/QUOTE]

How do you know, you know the garage ? We shall see, taking the car down on Monday !
    Might as well give it a go !

19. Robgvx

Robgvx Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    RobGvx

No, I don't know the garage. However, I know that it takes all day to do the job properly, apparently. The car has to be cleaned, stripped of old wax, rubbed down with the Zymol clay stuff, pre-treated, and then, finally, polished. You don't just put the wax on.

If your garage does all that for £55 then that's great.

R

20. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    There is Zymol and there is Zymol- there is the Cleaner Wax not disimilar to Autoglym or similar i.e. a one-shot treatment which is cheap. Then there are the "hand-finished" waxes which require application by melting in palm of hand after pre-treating the paint with another solution called HD-cleanse.

So a Zymol treatment for £55 could be a do over with the Cleaner Wax. On the other hand, if it's the full monty service then that's great value.

In my experience to properly wash a Ferrari, clay the paint, hd cleanse and then finish with wax takes a working day, probably more...

21. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    will second that!

actually zymol is great when first applied but after that first week zaino is FAR better in every way

22. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    It has taken me 3 x 5 hour sessions to do mine properly. The results are superb - the downside is that those imperfections/chips bug you even more.

23. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    I must just say I think all this clay bar stuff is well OTT. Possibly if you use the car everyday and park it under trees where the sap collects on and if you run your hand over the panels and feel the raised dimples the clay bar can be used, but hoe often does this happen?

However if you wash the car regularly it should remain smooth to the touch.

Remember we had perfect cars before the "Clay Bar" didn't we?

Also Zymol is very expensive and I will admit that I fell for it with a starter pack a few years ago that cost me a century and theres no denying it's very good but now I use Zaino or Mcguires both cost less than £20 and are just as good, so why pay more?

200 Notes for a wax...............Cor Blimey:D

24. angelboy

angelboy Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    Up North - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I've just ordered the Zymol Ital starter pack. Maybe I've been sucked into the price thing here but when I looked at the other product it looked a bit naff.

I think I will try it though after the Zymol has run out.

Anyone else tried them both?

Got any pics of the same car with different treatments?

25. iburford

iburford Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I've been suckered into most of them so far, Mer, Autoglym, Mcguires etc and the favourite of the moment is Zymol. It is made from natural products, smells great and whilst is a bit difficult to use (eg prepare well ,apply sparingly and never let it dry before buffing off) I really think it produces the best results.