Zymol aftercare | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Zymol aftercare

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by angelis, Sep 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carbonrider

Carbonrider Karting

Aug 9, 2005
    Harpenden, Herts
    Full Name:
    The Mad Professor

The car is with Scuderia now - having taken care of the visual the sound track needed some improvement (its a 575).

I will have it back soon so now it is just a matter of borrowing a digicam from someone...

And yes, you clean with either cold water or you can add few drops of a shampoo they are giving you.
    I am also going to get a proper leather care kit from them as well.

P.S the phone number is +44(0)207 473 0099, speak to Mike. A very interesting bloke - worked quite many years in Modena, including two years with Pagani.

2. Carbonrider

Carbonrider Karting

Aug 9, 2005
    Harpenden, Herts
    Full Name:
    The Mad Professor
    Not sure what you mean by guarranty but Permagard have definitely mentioned bird poo and apparently is supposed to wash off quite easly after the treatment. They also supply you with another liquid to aid the removal of the more 'challenging' stuf.

You are right about the debate between tradditional valeting and any of these protections. I have only recently done it so I am in no position to comment. Only time and the birds with tell.
    Obvoiusly, since I am not supposed to wax the car now, the ultimate test is in the long lasting shine. If it does not last, I will remove it (or get you to do it :) and continue my tried and tested Zymol regime.

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  4. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff

having read all of this I guess the only way to find out is to try it and if it doesn't work, back to basics. Having a silver car makes polishing difficult to get a deep shine....unless you know someone who can!

5. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The previous owner of my BM had it supaguarded from new,from what I've seen on my car it's a complete waste of money.

Always been an avid fan of autoglym until I read about Zymol on here.After I Zymoled the 348 I did the BM(yes the whole clay bar works,sad I know :D)
    The difference now from before is amazing,water just runs of it,even the lads that work for me have been surprised at how good it is over everything else we have ever tried.

So for me Zymol all the way from now on.

6. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    I use fairy liquid you get loads of bubbles just from a little squirt and the car looks all bubbly when you squirt it with a high pressure steam cleaner but the tfr [traffic film remover] kills the bubbles

7. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    That's cus your posh, I use truckwash a scouring pad and a wire brush, works great.

8. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    #58 closeshave, Sep 18, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

I have been looking after the old mans car for a while now look at the shine on that fecker:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B
    wow Dave , do you want a job :D :D

10. boba

boba Karting

May 10, 2005
    Madchester ,U.K.
    Full Name:
    dodgy bob
    Two weeks ago dave came and did my two Fcars . Both were given the full zymol works...klay bar included and then finished using Royale. One of them is a silver 550 and the finish is superb. it has a deep shine to it and the Royale has brought out the sexy curves around the front air intake on the bonnet and the rear air intakefor the gear box radiator. I have taken it out today down to bristol ane the dirt doesnot seem to stick as much and cleaning is a dooooddle.......The other is a rosso 308 and eventhough it has had a recent respray the diffrence of the befor and after is .......FANTASTIC. the colur has changed to a deeper red that is stunning I did not belive that it was the same car. Also the bumpers which were grey are now jet black only due to the wax. This Zymol is truly amazing . Itdoes what it says on the tin It is not cheap but nor are my cars and to keep them looking the best then I will only use the best. The results werte so good tat a friend of mine that has a garage that sells auto glym has asked dave to do his. red 1963 merc SL !!!!!! ( he was sceptical about zymol until he saw the result).
    Angelis .. you said that you havent seen a red car zymoled? well belive me its the bees knees. I want to post pics but have difficulty in downloading from the digi cam.
    Of the two cars the biggest difference has been on the rosso whilst on the 550 as it has a layer of lacquer it has made the "shine" deeper and the contours of the body work stand out. To rearly understand the zymol finish is to have you cars that you know so well treated and see the difference before and after

11. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Slightly off topic, but not too far as to count as a hi-jack... What's the Zymol leather care stuff like? Is it worth getting the 'Treat' cleaner over the regular stuff?

12. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    I've seen lots of pics, but have'nt seen one in the flesh. Only mettalic black cars.

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #63 tonyh, Sep 19, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is Zymol- tho' i did it myself ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    d b valeting has finished dales car already

15. eurotouring

eurotouring Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    My husband had his car Permagarded in France some three years ago, after numerous trips from Denmark to Rimini in Italy, Denmark to Monaco, and to London we have been through every climate Europe's can throw at us. Denmark put more salt on their roads than any other country in Europe and we have no problems whether hot or cold. We have a service once a year and the car remains perfect. I don't like DIY I might break a nail!!!!!

16. boba

boba Karting

May 10, 2005
    Madchester ,U.K.
    Full Name:
    dodgy bob

If youy are ever in the nortwest you are welcome to a private(!) viewing. I would even let you touch it .
    What an offer......with no preconditions... WOW

17. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    As above, anyone? :)

18. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    He's just finished cus it was real bad:D

19. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Just zymoled me car today................

I need a rest now!

20. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B
    To be honest , I cant tell the difference between them as far as the finish is concerned , but I think that the pack containing both the cleaner and feed is a better option cost wise,
    hope this helps
    Davie B

21. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B
    nice to see you do a few hours graft for a change mate..... instead of sitting in front of that PC all day :D:D

How's it looking ?

22. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Cheers Dave.

23. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Took it round to Z'ds place for the polishing stage and his brother was there. He saw it when I first got the car and now saw it Zymol'd and to say he was impressed would be an understatement.......especially as he used to work at a paint repairers.

But we all stood there thinking how on earth the Royale could make it more shiny.

:D

Going for a lie down now...feel all tired and weak.

24. panterasteve

panterasteve Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    huddersfield
    Full Name:
    steve b
    wheres the before n after pics matey peeps?

25. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Sorry, there are'nt any.

Only got the after pics from when Dave did it a month or so ago.

Got those if you want to see.