Zophie and Phoebe. | FerrariChat

Zophie and Phoebe.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by texasmr2, Sep 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Most optimum nutrition plan

1. High protein

2. High calorie

3. High protein & calorie

4. High protein & calorie and the adjust accordingly (My belief)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #1 texasmr2, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    Hey Z,
    I wanted to talk about nutrition since we have pups from the same litter. Since you know Max and his size and weight and all the poop issues we had we limited not only Painters food intake but Max's aswell. Now Max has lost a few pounds (that were needed) but I feel Painter has gotten the raw end of the deal and you know they eat that crappy Little Cesar highly processed junk.

Well today I am putting Phoebe's brother on his own nutrition plan, a higher protein and higher calorie food plan. When I put his blanky on the bed next to me and pet him I do not think I should be feeling his backbone and ribs so much and since this breed is so high energy I am just now realizing that I could/should have been giving him a much healthier and specific nutrition plan.

Thoughts???

ps, All members can chime in as your opinions and advice will be appreciated.

2. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #2 texasmr2, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I went to PetSmart and bought Painter some Blue Buffalo (pic below), nothing but the best for my little man and he also got a new ball. Oh I almost forgot about all the hot girls at PetSmart, drool factor of 10+, I let a HOT little Asian girl use my discount card.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    What's with people from Texas?

;)

Does anyone know WTF he's talking about? :)

4. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

Lol! Me and Gregg have pups from the same litter, along with a girlfriend of mine.

I feed phoebe beneful, just stuff I buy at Walgreens. Genie, the 15-year-old shihtzu, has a sensitive stomach and does well on this food, and the vet says its fine for phoebe to eat it too. I just leave it out and they eat when they want. Genie is a piggy and phoebe nibbles here and there. Phoebe is about 8 pounds and vet said she's a healthy weight. And yes, they both poop a lot!

5. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That's weird - I was just able to vote for ALL of them. Didn't know we
    had "multiple choice" poll options. Or just never noticed it before when writing a poll.

Sorry to corrupt you vote - I was just curious about the square vs. round buttons

Jedi

6. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

7. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    ^^^ That looks like Painter with a summer cut.

As far as the food is concerned Painter wolfs it down so fast he does not know the difference in taste or form. Both Max and Painter love Beneful and the good thing about quality dry food other than it helps clean their teeth is you can add alittle warm water and it makes sort of a gravy and brings out the flavor more.

Yep I decided to add multiple choices for this one Jedi, crazy stuff man lol!

355dreamer,

8. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

usually I think you'll have an "alpha" eater that eats more of the food. At one point when I lived with my parents my little Maltese that was suppoesd to be 6 or 7 pounds got up to 10 because she was always pigging out and trying to push the big 50-pound dog away from the bowl. We had to feed her a rationed portion daily after that. Now Genie doesn't get fat, but definitely likes to get her grub on! Phoebe just takes a piece or two at a time and usually takes them in another room and eats them. I'll find pieces of food all over the house.