ZONDA R at Legendary | FerrariChat

ZONDA R at Legendary

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 412monzaindy, Sep 4, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 412monzaindy

412monzaindy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
    A customer of Legendary Motor Car has dropped off his Zonda R

It was delivered on Saturday..

It will be for sale,

2. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    now that's are rare car !

3. MD911

MD911 Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2007
    Can they be registered in Canada?

4. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    Dont think the "R" is road legal anywhere. Think the R is for race version.

Gary
    Espada

5. MD911

MD911 Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2007
    Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder.

6. wesr

wesr Rookie

Jan 31, 2008
    I heard it didn't make it this Saturday and hasn't arrived yet. Everything is hearsay that I'm hearing so could someone confirm. Would love to check it out if it's on the showroom floor.

7. Strictly Stuttgart

BANNED

Jul 18, 2011
  8. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I think we saw this car at the factory in July. Apparently it'll sit in the owners living room as a piece of art rather than be driven.

9. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I don't understand....Is the owner of this car from Italy or Switzerland? Or is the owner of the car from the GTA, and brought it here to sell?

Why would someone import an un-licensed car here for sale?

10. m_law

m_law Rookie

Aug 11, 2011
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That car is awesome. What do they go for new?

11. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    I think i read somewhere they have a base of 1.5 euros!!!

the front splitter looks non standard compared to photos of car and ist prototype.
    these are of course bespoke customer order so who knows really . 739 hp in ultimate trim !!

makes an enzo looks mundane! almost...

Gary
    Espada

12. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Those with enough money can.

13. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    i think the answer is that using this car on the road would be a total drag unless posing was your reason. This is a track day wet dream!!!if you have ever driven a lotus Exige you will know what i mean. even though thats street legal its dead on the street unless you want to break the law. this car here would suck on the road and you would never get out of second !!

This very car is in my opinion the ultimate to leave Italy these days .Even the bolts, yes the lowly bolts are titanium and Horacio insisted he put a logo and or part number lazer engraved on every single one. Its has no competitors being built currently and i am sure its todays teenagers contach poster equiv on the wall along side dads Farah Faucet poster!

Anyone from any country who tops this and the new Pagani Hyara ( spelling?) will certainly be working overtime to raise the bar higher than Pagani did here with this car.
    The More you read about Pagani the more you'll love being a car guy.

Gary
    Espada

14. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I have my flame suit on -

i know what the car is, what its too represent , and all that -

But this batman looking car too me is fugly -

i know its a fortune, and i wish the owner nothing but the very best, and may God bless him / her in there journey and have the joy they wished for with this car.

give me an f40 and the rest of the money for parties with strippers and James Simpson for a few weeks and that would be ultimate living to me :D :D :D

15. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    #17 Fave, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
    I'm with you Red, its not the nicest looking car out there.

16. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    #18 starboy444, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
    +100 LOL

Red, I totally agree. There is no purpose of this car...its like a $120,000 watch, yes its made of gold, titanium, uranium and moon dust, but all it does is tell time. Its value is its "uniqueness" and ultra high price which can be afforded only by the richest clients.

I have no doubt that the Pagani is a spectacular automobile, I know its all hand crafted and has extreme performance, but it really has no racing or historical pedigree. It reminds me of this Koeninggsegg (?) and Spyker cars...all image and no substance.

Maybe I'm just an old-school conservative type of guy...give me an F40, F50 or even a '65 Aston, and I'll be drooling.

But then again, what do I know? :D

17. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    I was with Simon at the Pagani factory in July when we saw this very car in the flesh. It is simply fantastic, a piece of art.

I guess that Pagani is today what Ferrari used to be in the '50s: a dream.

If I only was in the league of those guys who can afford it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Ciao

Eugenio

18. rhyno

rhyno Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Starboy, Spyker is more then just image. They have more then a 100 year history and have built cars, carriage's, planes and have even owned a F1 team. Here is some history for you!

Spyker was a Dutch car manufacturer, started in 1880 by coachbuilders Jacobus and Hendrik-Jan Spijker, but to be able to market the brand better in foreign countries, in 1903 the 'ij' was changed into 'y'. They were originally based in Hilversum but in 1898 moved to Trompenburg, Amsterdam.
    In 1898 Spyker manufactured the "Golden Carriage", still in use by the Dutch Queen today.
    In 1899 they started building automobiles and in 1900 put their first models on display, two cylinder 3*hp and 5*hp similar to the Benz. Four cylinder models were introduced in 1903, along with the six cylinder Spyker 60 HP, a racer with the world's first ever four-wheel drive car with a single engine[1] and four-wheel brakes.[2] An engine with six cylinders was also a world's first.[3]
    The 1905 cars featured a round radiator grille which became a feature of many of the pre war cars. In 1913 the company was having financial problems again and in 1915 was taken over by new owners and renamed Nederlandsche Automobiel en Vliegtuigfabriek Trompenburg (Dutch Car and Aircraft company). Under the new owners, the previous complex model range was simplified and a new car, the 13/30 C1, introduced; sales were disappointing. In 1907, an 18*hp model successfully competed in the Peking to Paris race.
    Hendrik-Jan Spijker died in 1907 when the ferry he was on when returning from England sank, and this loss led to the bankruptcy of the original company. A group of investors bought the company and restarted production, but Jacobus Spijker was no longer involved.
    During World War I, in which the Netherlands were neutral, they manufactured aeroplanes and aircraft engines.
    In 1922 the company went bankrupt again and was acquired by Spyker's distributor in Britain who renamed the company Spyker Automobielfabriek. Production continued and prices dropped but the company continued to decline. Final production was of the C2 two-ton truck and the C4 car which lasted until 1926 when funds finally ran out.
    It is estimated total Spyker car production was at most 2000 cars.
    In 1999, a new company, Spyker Cars was founded, unrelated to the original company but for the brand name.

19. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Thanks for the update.....I am aware of Spykers Swedish history, and their racing heritage. Unfortunately, they are now bankrupt!

Here is some new history for you...:(

http://www.thestar.com/business/auto/article/1013896--bankruptcy-looming-for-sweden-s-saab

20. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

And some fairly recent news...

Cheers,

Sam

Saab's Request For Bankruptcy Protection Denied

http://www.manufacturing.net/News/2011/09/Automotive-Saab-s-Request-For-Bankruptcy-Protection-Denied/?et_cid=2050081&et_rid=45632281&linkid=http%3a%2f%2fwww.manufacturing.net%2fNews%2f2011%2f09%2fAutomotive-Saab-s-Request-For-Bankruptcy-Protection-Denied%2f

21. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Saw the car today, absolutely incredible! Will post the pictures as soon as I get a chance to go through them.

22. SLR722

SLR722 Karting

Dec 2, 2009
    Milton, ON
    Full Name:
    Janees
  23. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone