ZONDA Manchester | FerrariChat

ZONDA Manchester

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by simpleton7890, Aug 13, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simpleton7890

simpleton7890 Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Global
    #1 simpleton7890, Aug 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey, slightly o/t as regards to Ferrari but i thought id share this with you.
    Pagani Zonda in Manchester this afternoon. The sound is nothing short of astonishing. Ive always wanted to dislike these cars for whatever reason, however i couldnt help but obsess over this when it pulled onto the pavement next to me. (Right in the middle of Deansgate to those who are familiar, so busy as hell.)
    Driven by two Asian lads blasting 50 Cent lol. I would have thought its hire but i cannot write off the driver owning it. Anyways, blatant showoffs revving at any oppurtunity and parking on double yellows purely so he could get out and check his mobile phone (in my belief a guise for letting everyone have a gander). I went over and spoke to the passenger because im nosy like that and he told me his brother owned it. Driver gets back in and they drive off keeping the gears low and revs high.
    FYI registration was X20NDA. Would be nice to know if anyone can confirm this as hire or whether they genuinely owned it, perhaps even who it is?!

Bonus= SLR at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Regards

P.S. sorry about the SLR pic not being flipped
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. simpleton7890

simpleton7890 Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Global
    excellent mate! i knew he was a lying b-tard

3. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm like you and have never seen the appeal in Zonda's

4. simpleton7890

simpleton7890 Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Global
    theyve never been my cup of tea and to be honest the looks of the things arent too great imho. but i had to give in on this, never seen one on the road before and it was a bit special- still not a fan though!

5. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Just an expensive kit car IMO, albeit well made.For that kind of money I want my cars to have some heritage.

6. simpleton7890

simpleton7890 Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Global
    i believe the brand is gimmecky though that isnt to imply the engineering and design is. im sure it is a fine car however i see no longevity in the manufacturer. however they may well blow me away with a followup model, tbh the zondas getting a bit boring now

7. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Personally I love them. The sound and poower is awesome. The only down side for me is its Merc powered.

This is my favourite vid outside the factory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiroepFi1fw

8. simpleton7890

simpleton7890 Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Global
    +1 on the sound bit. id only heard its idling noise more or less until he pulled in. the funny thing is a clapped arse Vauxhall Cavalier came beside it and started revving up and then beckoned for the Pagani driver to do likewise. holy mother of god is the sound sweet.

9. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Can't disagree with you on any points there Pete, they are striking looking and sounding cars, however they are no more than an expensive Dutton Pheaton, albeit far more well engineered and made from far better components.For the price of one of those I'd much rather have an F50, something made by a company with a racing pedigree and heritage.

10. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Zonda F Roadster very nice

those guys have got real nerve iirc Group 20 charge you £x,000 if you kerb the wheels

11. simpleton7890

simpleton7890 Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Global
    least of their worries. i was grinding my teeth just waiting for the carbon fibre front bumper/ skirts to smack the kerb. they were OK though. i dont know how i could enjoy the car in constant paranoia and fear of damaging it (being some one elses).
    you would think the 16 grand payment to g20 would cover accidental damage costs though. :D

12. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Doug, any idea what it costs for group 20 ???

13. simpleton7890

simpleton7890 Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Global
    3 grand initial membership fee. 13000 a year (ex VAT) ther after. sorry to hijack

14. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks, it's your thread so you can hijack all you want :D where in Manchester are you based ??

15. simpleton7890

simpleton7890 Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Global
    I live in the Stockport area. A guy 5 minutes walk from me has a Red 430, previously had a 575 (red) and i believe the 430 reg is G8 MAD. I have also seen this car in other areas of Manchester so im aprehensive to say that G8 MAD is definately the car round the corner. Any ideas who this could be?

16. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No idea, I'm in Rossendale so on the opposite side to you.

17. simpleton7890

simpleton7890 Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Global
    aaa ok. nice to know theres a good presence of f-cars around rainy manc

18. fun-meter

fun-meter Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis
    After seeing the picture, I recognised the X2ONDA plate, which is Group 20's car. Was sold through Romans International, had a look at the car in February this year. :)

Not advertising, but their website is www.grp20.com .

19. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    They rented a Zonda to get stuck in traffic ?

20. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    There's a handfull of us around here, mainly on CS though

21. simpleton7890

simpleton7890 Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Global
    nice, ive never seen a CS on UK roads :(. have seen a few in Germany though. hopefully ill be able to add a ferrari to Mancunian roads in about 20 years lol

as regards to amenasce im pretty sure they rented a Zonda out to show off WHILE getting stuck in traffic lol. they seemed pretty gormless and have no appreciation for the car other than its reputation. Someone asked him how fast it goes and his reply was '260'---lil on the optomistic side :)

22. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Sorry, didn't mean CS as in 360CS, meant CS as in Club Scuderia

23. simpleton7890

simpleton7890 Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Global
    ooo lol ok. i should have read it better. i misread the 'on'. sorry