Zeppelin To Tour? | FerrariChat

Zeppelin To Tour?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by wetpet, May 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    #1 wetpet, May 21, 2008
    Last edited: May 21, 2008
    sort of sketchy blog entry on a canadian music site, but i'll take what i can get:

http://blog.muchmusic.com/archives/2008/05/index.php

News Exclusive: Led Zeppelin Tour Toronto This Summer
    May 17, 2008

Everyone knows about Led Zeppelin's reunion show in London, UK this past December. Naturally, it was both magical and nostalgic. And a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity, right?

Maybe not.

So NME confirmed late last year that Led Zeppelin had plans to go on tour sometime in 2008. Well, a reliable source just gave me a scoop on some Toronto dates. Apparently these dates will be announced shortly...but now you know.

No fancy tour of the U.S., but Toronto will have FOUR dates at Skydome/Rogers Centre this coming August. AMAZING. Hardly any bands play Skydome anymore because it's such a juggernaut of a venue and impossible to fill unless you're, well, Led Zeppelin. Or maybe Backstreet Boys.

Stay tuned for an official tour announcement, but for now start saving your dollars (cause you KNOW it's gonna be expensive) and practising your Ticketmaster skills (cause you KNOW people will be flying in from all over North America to be here) for these amazing shows.

2. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    The Back Street Boys are touring again? Awesome! Can you buy some tickets and post a nice high res version of those ones as well? Maybe I'll catch the Grand Prix and just stay in town for the BSB!

But seriously, I would love to see zepplin in action. Talk about a rockin' band! Such a catalogue to choose from. Where to start with a song list and where to end?

Someone propose a set list...

Here is mine

Communication Breakdown
    Ramble On
    Whole Lotta Love
    Ramble On
    Immigrant Song
    Gallows Pole
    Battle of Evermore
    When the Levee Breaks
    The Ocean
    Trampled Under Foot
    Kashmir
    Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp
    Nobody's Fault But Mine
    Dazed and Confused
    In The Evening
    Fool in the Rain
    What is and What Should Never Be

Encore

The Song Remains the Same
    No Quarter
    Stairway to Heaven

3. whatsupofficer

whatsupofficer Formula Junior

May 25, 2007
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Carlos
    You knew it was coming after the O2 Arena sold out in minutes after the lottery deal. I tried like crazy but they had the scalper thing locked down tight. I did fly over to London in 2005 and saw Cream with Clapton. I went without a ticket and still ended up second row center on the aisle. Sir Paul and Ringo with Tom Hanks and wives were BEHIND me I got better seats . long story (I still have the set list as a souvenir.) If LZ goes to Toronto I'll be there.

4. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    i'll be there too!

5. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    Will they have paramedics standing by with oxygen and defibrillators for the band and the audience?

6. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    I'll take 2 tickets. Gotta add Down by the Seaside to the list, though.

7. Kaiyureboy

Kaiyureboy Rookie
    BANNED

May 17, 2008